1.90 star(s) 10 Votes

Johntheloner

Jun 14, 2017
Comes across as someone having seen the 'monochrome life' games and decided to try their hand at a 3D version. I'll let it cook a while before actually trying it, but the dev REALLY needs to revise their pitch a bit, with regards to what they want the game to be.

Because that is a functionally impossible bucket list that you will NEVER do to a degree that is actually satisfying with substantial variation.
Instead of trying to go for the breadth of an ocean right out of the gate, go for a more focused depth slice and then expand horizontally on that once you've proved you can deliver.

I think I can safely speak for most people, when I say 'breadth of an ocean, depth of a puddle' both comes to mind and is something we're all pretty tired of. This aside how much of that spiel reads as just straight up overpromising on things anyone sane knows they WILL NOT be able to deliver on. Makes you seem skeevy right out the gate, and will cause a LOT of people to immediately throw this into the category of 'never finished, glacial updates that never really progress anything'. That's not a category you want to be in. Setting reasonable expectations for the product is important, especially as it means if you DO pull through on something amazing, people will be impressed, instead of being disappointed you didn't manage to stand on the pedestal you built.

Shippudn

Aug 24, 2017
Well, after a few hours I can firmly say that you didn't try to play your own game. After A LOT of grind trying to get a little something I just can't... This is one of those games that have a lot of potential but at least in this first realese it just forget that is a g a m e and not a ''living with your sister realistic simulator'' (and I believe IRL you will need lot less grind to fuck your own sister)

Reactions: Hybris

Gambitf95

Jul 11, 2017
Seems a bit too hairy for the loli tag.
It's a tacite rule in F95. Any girls under 30 or with breasts under D is a loli.

(and I believe IRL you will need lot less grind to fuck your own sister)
In most of country, I suspect that no amount of grind can't lead you anywhere but in prison... Still there's certainly some countries where you just have to wait that your dad finish his turn.

Last edited:

magistrate

Feb 2, 2019
This has potential but it's currently an awful grindfest, made worse by the removal of basic Ren'py features like rollback and skip. You should never use hard pause for anything, having to wait several seconds for a text box to go away just wastes the player's time, especially when it happens several times per morning cycle. A "skip until next weekend" button would drastically improve the current game.

Grind is not fun. Don't put it in your game.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
I'd suggest letting the player choose smooth vs. hairy, and make sure to work it into the trust / discussion mechanic of the game. Just a thought...

Overall, not a bad first version...but you should also put up a disclaimer: "There's no :devilish: with the sister, yet..." at least until a version is released with THAT enabled...
I think the player will have a choice about pubes but it's not implemented yet.

Yeah, depending or what you decide about your relationship with the female character, the mother talks to you on the phone like she is just an old friend whether you tag her as your sister or not, but it's still early days and I suspect things to get tidied up further down the line.

The only thing I didn't/don't like is the game ending dynamic, especially as there isn't a rollback option and you're not warned about sudden game endings.

Oct 21, 2023
Oh, I think I am onto something.

RenPy is weird "engine" for me. When you create new project - it fills it with defaults.
When I tried it for the first time, I was expecting those to be hard embedded into the engine itself, and then having a choice to overwrite them with custom files.

But no - the defaults (by that word I mean things like "Main menu" and everything that goes with it as well as every possible functionality basically) are just files, looking the same as the ones you add later on.
This is blank, empty, freshly made project:
1716908610119.png
And I am not gonna lie - when you see it, there is an urge to nuke all that and start from TOTAL scratch - as you would with let's say Unity (yeah it's not a right comparison, doesn't matter). Maybe it's some ADHD symptom or something, idc.
But deleting those will also remove the default RenPy features - like rollback etc.

Advent Games Is that what happend?
Because it is the only reason I can find logical.

And sure - you can defend locking rollback. I won't agree that it's good choice, but it's valid one.
It would be nice to inform players before they start the game though! Something like "This game is designed around not using rollback/saves".

But you scraped everything.
No right click menu access? Dick move.
No esc menu access? Retardation.

If I there is even one scene in game during which I have to alt+f4 to quit the game because there's no "Quit" option accesible any other way - it's a sign that dev clearly missed his calling.

Reactions: leastdevotee

Advent Games

Living Together! with Imouto
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2023
A "skip until next weekend" button would drastically improve the current game.

Grind is not fun. Don't put it in your game.
That would defeat the purpose of 75% of the game where you play the simulation to unlock the weekend activities. I'm working on collecting data on how long people take to unlock things and I'll adjust to it have a new unlock every 1 or 2 weeks.

hum i come back after u added a walktrough .. the game is toooo long
There is a Help button which all the information you need. Since the LI's interests changes with every New Game there is no set walkthrough, only a stragegy.

why do you have a trust period on your subscribestar account?
I do? That's the default setting. I'll lift that when I get back home ^_^ thanks for reminding me.

what can you do currently aside from spending time with her? is there any lewd scenes?
There are 5 lewd animated scenes for you to discover in the current version.

I think the player will have a choice about pubes but it's not implemented yet.

Yeah, depending or what you decide about your relationship with the female character, the mother talks to you on the phone like she is just an old friend whether you tag her as your sister or not, but it's still early days and I suspect things to get tidied up further down the line.

The only thing I didn't/don't like is the game ending dynamic, especially as there isn't a rollback option and you're not warned about sudden game endings.
I want rollback and skip to be a thing in the weekend stories. However, for the simulation part of the game that would make very little sense since you could then just re-roll every interaction. This is both a VN and a simulator in segmented parts ^_^ I am working on methods to speed things up, like the ability to skip the narrator entirely with one click and a function in the options to skip the narrator entirely. That and/or an option where you can set the time the narrator speaks.

Edit: in fact, I'm pretty sure that rollback is incompatible with the game behavior I added that is more py'game than ren'py and would simply crash the game or lead to other errors.

Having to cycle through your watch to see everything is pretty annoying.
I am currently working on making the watch context-sensitive, switching to the most likely appropriate screen upon interaction (trust/attraction for Imouto, the bank for doing groceries, etc.).

hey how do i increase attraction been siting at 25 for ages
Take her to the pool on the weekends ;)

Last edited:
1.90 star(s) 10 Votes