noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
There are only bad endings because the good route doesn't end the game. You can probably guess what other bad things can happen to the sister.
I guess that is about as real as it can get. Life goes on unless you screwup. Although there can be rl situations where the screwup wasn't yours. I don't think of the happy family or the adventure endings as really bad. Now if mc screwed some other girl and sister found out about it and exploded, that would be a bad ending.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Hello, I haven't checked this thread in a while.
What are the latest news about the DLC?

Inusuku has moved, if they don't hurt themselves trying to use shit equipment to work on the game instead of waiting for good furniture and a proper wifi router it should be within 3 weeks.It could have been end of this month but they're being very quiet atm.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Quiet as ''delayed again until November'' quiet? :D
Honestly I doubt it. Their twitter is posted to daily, even though recent highlights is they work up, they made lunch and their ass hurts after a few days ago explaining their shit chair is causing pain.

Anything causing a delay like that would result in complete radio silence.

kohi_kohi

Nov 15, 2021
Honestly I doubt it. Their twitter is posted to daily, even though recent highlights is they work up, they made lunch and their ass hurts after a few days ago explaining their shit chair is causing pain.

Still hilarious people can't just wait for it. Imagine if you had someone constantly asking you to play with them a round of Call of Duty and bitching when you say you have to eat your lunch.

Or, a client that keeps labelling things URGENT but you know their data will only be used 3 weeks down the line and they still constantly pester you to release the related workload outputs to them now.

Let Inusuku be with the results of the Steam sales records, damn.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Still hilarious people can't just wait for it. Imagine if you had someone constantly asking you to play with them a round of Call of Duty and bitching when you say you have to eat your lunch.

Or, a client that keeps labelling things URGENT but you know their data will only be used 3 weeks down the line and they still constantly pester you to release the related workload outputs to them now.

Let Inusuku be with the results of the Steam sales records, damn.
That's not the kind of waiting we're doing though. They gave a original release date, and they more or less hit it. But when they played through their alpha candidate (gameplay complete, h-less) they thought it was shit and refused to release it.

Then they redesigned it for a few more months, except at some point they kept giving dates like end of winter, and then repeatedly delaying it by an extra month every time. Now it's been six months since the original release date fell through, now we're so close to release based on their previous update posts, but now they've moved since (probably) their steam success allowed them to move out of a shitty house situation, but now they're risking another indefinite delay because they're trying to work on the game asap before they have the basics like proper internet and furniture set up. This is a six month blueball that I want cleared as soon as practical, not as soon as possible. Cause possible is too risky and extra month long delays have a precedent.

Reactions: LucLore and torresm

tisbefake00

Feb 11, 2021

Yep, no ci-en update this week doesn't necessarily really mean silence and worse delay(heck they might post tomorrow). You can go the opposite mindset and say they are crunching the update so hard right now so they don't have time to post. Though another side of me imagines Inusuku using the whole weekend coming up with another way to say sorry for another delay, which is both funny and sad at the same time.

Then they redesigned it for a few more months, except at some point they kept giving dates like end of winter, and then repeatedly delaying it by an extra month every time. Now it's been six months since the original release date fell through, now we're so close to release based on their previous update posts, but now they've moved since (probably) their steam success allowed them to move out of a shitty house situation, but now they're risking another indefinite delay because they're trying to work on the game asap before they have the basics like proper internet and furniture set up. This is a six month blueball that I want cleared as soon as practical, not as soon as possible. Cause possible is too risky and extra month long delays have a precedent.
Indefinite delay is too much. We only have debugging and gallery implementation left to do, unless things turn out shit again. I also doubt that steam success is what allowed them to move, that was 2 months ago and they announced their move two weeks after release. While we should probably never trust Inusuku's release dates anymore it should be the last delay. And I believe the time they set is End of May(if they get internet quickly) to Mid June so they have some time allowance there to fix their furniture problems. Not sure they mentioned being in a shitty house situation, but I always had the assumption that they had an actual job, maybe even work from home to get back pain might even explain their slow pace.

Reactions: leastdevotee

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Not sure they mentioned being in a shitty house situation, but I always had the assumption that they had an actual job, maybe even work from home to get back pain might even explain their slow pace.
They didn't, but after their steam release had 100,000 people buy it in a matter of days, they immediately decided to move house after never mentioning they were planning to move.

It could be coincidence, but it's a hell of a coincidence.

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
Strategy for devs: don't mention any new development until it is in beta testing, and you can say with some certainty, it will be ready in a couple of weeks. Strategy for forum riders dealing with the constant flow of "when, when, when" quesitons in forums: Pick a date well into the future, like the lws dlc will be ready 1 Aug. As soon as it is obvious that date won't be met move it to 1 Oct.

I perfectly understand dev annoyance with players acting like dev's owe them something. Nonsense. Dev's owe you zero. Get used to it.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Any difference between mellos decensor mod and the official uncensored mod?
mello's is a fan well-done redraw of the sexy parts, while the official uncensor is just that: the original artist's uncensored images. Personally, I think parts of both (and a few that left blank in the official uncensor), so it's up to personal taste. (I mix it up with official uncensors for base, and then using mello's for my mod to make a wider variety.) We're probably looking at only mello as a savior for the DLC images as well, once it comes out, since it'll take Kagura a while to catch up (they'll essentially have to retranslate the entire game, so...).

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Any difference between mellos decensor mod and the official uncensored mod?
I quite prefer mello.second's decensor for specifically the dicks in almost all cases, to the point where I redid the FFFox Mod CGs and recolored any of the Kagura images used to match the mello.second version more closely. It's included as part of the revised translation I've been working on but also available standalone if anyone else for some reason feels really bothered by the pale wieners in the Kagura decensor/FFFox Mod and wants to drop it over some other version of the game; should be compatible with any version that's unpacked (not in .wolf archives).

Last edited:

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
I will be replaying Imouto Fantasy in near future just to prepare myself for upcoming DLC and I'll be sticking to your version.

I've skimmed through release notes and everything is striking my fancy: honorifics, onomatopoeias, japanese sfx (english ones in japanese games always felt out of the place), no random script changes, just game as it was intended.
And, on top of that, mello.second dicks (most fitting choice and also my personal favourite (no homo)).

THIS is how games should be translated.

If I knew this:

before playing I'd be using ITH/TA/ATLAS/AGTH or whatever text hooker is used nowadays, since Shade's translation is basically overglorified machine translation anyways. And to think he censored parts of the script years before Kagura managed to do that, impressive in its own way.
I appreciate the work he has done, and can respect the decisions he wants to make to create whatever he feels he will enjoy most. But clearly, I do have my disagreements, thus my immediate decision to go over the scripts myself.

If you are also a relic from a bygone age (text hooker to ATLAS? What a time that was...), I think we might find common ground stylistically. I basically took a decade long hiatus from translation work and have wrestled with increasing frustration over English localizations as fansubbing gave way to more "mass-market" localizations. In my mind, a fan TL is like what insani did back in the day with games like Wind, or even Planetarian. I don't know if I can live up to those efforts, but that is certainly the target.

Appreciate that you agree with the esthetic aspects too, lol. Quite frankly I don't feel like I need to see *Shlurp* or whatever dumped on the screen (or in manga panels). Not that it's technically incorrect, but it fails the vibe check for me real hard. Again, ancient relic, but to me it's natural that a person interested in Japanese media would want to engage with the language and steadily increase their familiarity with it, and kana sound effects are a very simple place to start. I didn't expect to be clipping and recoloring hundreds of dick pics when I started doing this either, but seriously mello.second has a way better sense for the stuff than whoever did the Kagura ones, and I'm enough of a stickler for consistency that I couldn't stand having a dick that suddenly goes pale when your Imouto gets fox ears.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 77 Votes