taotio

Jun 10, 2019
1.3.1 is typo fixes and also bug fixes. I didn't see a changelog specifying which particular bugs were fixed, on the store page nor on the blog; but there's a chance that the bug(s) in question might be more problematic than a simple typo.
Well it might be that way , however then we have a problem here.
Last content update is 1.3 and after that every update will be bug/typo fixes ( before big DLC releases ).
Meaning we don't know if Inusuku decides to make more small fixes.
To Inusuku it is not a big deal since it is very easy to transfer save date between versions.
However to our translator it is a big deal since it is impossible to transfer translation between versions , and it takes few days of hard work to complete translation.
Which means he(Shadesishere) must decide which version he should translate , since i don't think he want to re-translate every single small bug/typo fix update.

JakeTapper

May 17, 2020
Just a suggestion and maybe already thought about but is there any way to save before->after translations in some big list and then just do a find/replace for everything on each new version?? Likely there will be a few lines that will then need manual translation after but the majority would come from the list of previous translations. Not sure what the file structure looks like but I might be able to write a program that takes such a list and does a find and replace all at once (would need some checks to make sure it's translating full lines so that it doesn't translate part of a larger line handled elsewhere in the list).

If this sounds like something useful I can have a look...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: akapp

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Is weird, i just decompress the file for check the version and said 1.3.1, are you using this link?

2.jpg

danged certain. it may say it's 1.3.1, but the game itself says 1.3.0, and theres no changelog update (textfile or in-game)

Just a suggestion and maybe already thought about but is there any way to save before->after translations in some big list and then just do a find/replace for everything on each new version?? Likely there will be a few lines that will then need manual translation after but the majority would come from the list of previous translations. Not sure what the file structure looks like but I might be able to write a program that takes such a list and does a find and replace all at once (would need some checks to make sure it's translating full lines so that it doesn't translate part of a larger line handled elsewhere in the list).

If this sounds like something useful I can have a look...
Wish it was this easy, but the way Inusuku adds things means that the code itself gets shifted around with every change, putting things out of order, and in some cases can lead to issues. A good example of this is, one particular line of the code (one of the skill descriptions after its been bought) will completely bork the save button if it's translated, which is why in every release of the translation, that particular skill description will still be in japanese after it's been bought.

Last edited:

mario6714

Jun 22, 2020
View attachment 1887204

danged certain. it may say it's 1.3.1, but the game itself says 1.3.0, and theres no changelog update (textfile or in-game)

Wish it was this easy, but the way Inusuku adds things means that the code itself gets shifted around with every change, putting things out of order, and in some cases can lead to issues. A good example of this is, one particular line of the code (one of the skill descriptions after its been bought) will completely bork the save button if it's translated, which is why in every release of the translation, that particular skill description will still be in japanese after it's been bought.

No idea, here a screenshot:

1.png

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
New version 1.3.1:

Is weird, i just decompress the file for check the version and said 1.3.1, are you using this link?

I used the first link you posted, currently downloading from the second link (at a whopping... 30 kb/s... gonna take awhile, in the meantime, I'm going to spend some time watching the newest episode of Orville with Rachel)

JakeTapper

May 17, 2020
I'm mostly curious about the file format and if there's an easy enough way to write a program to load the .dat file, pull out the text as strings, edit them, then resave the file. I'm a competent enough programmer to do something like this but I need some basic info on how the .dat file is formatted. Seems like a lot of plain text (what we're trying to target) mixed between some kind of code/pointers. If I can figure out what marks the start/end of a string then I can load the file and separate out the strings while saving the code in between. Then the strings could be run against a translation list and saved back while preserving the code.

I opened DataBase.dat in a hex editor and the best I can figure out is that strings always have 3 null bytes before they start and terminate on a null as well. Anyone have a copy of the untranslated DataBase.bat? Kinda wanna try a test to see if I can automate replacing most text with "XXXXX". If that works without breaking the game then plugging in a translation list should be easy and greatly speed up translating new versions.

EDIT: After a little more digging doesn't seem DataBase.bat has the dialog. Only seems to contain some descriptions of things. Either way still curious to see if I can create an editor for this. If it ends up working could prove useful.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: akapp and DenseFool

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Sorry to derail things, but I was looking through the files and noticed there is a layout of the house that doesn't seem to ever be in the game but is quite interesting.
View attachment 1887074 View attachment 1887077
The top layout picture of the house is used, but kind of in plain sight. It's on the title screen, behind the title, choices, and sister. And as can be seen, the only difference in the layout vs the room is the rug (the edge of the second bed can barely be seen at the bottom, which is only known by comparing the layout to the screen).

This does mean that the restroom is presumably the outhouse on the left, so all those toilet scenes...

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
I'm mostly curious about the file format and if there's an easy enough way to write a program to load the .dat file, pull out the text as strings, edit them, then resave the file. I'm a competent enough programmer to do something like this but I need some basic info on how the .dat file is formatted. Seems like a lot of plain text (what we're trying to target) mixed between some kind of code/pointers. If I can figure out what marks the start/end of a string then I can load the file and separate out the strings while saving the code in between. Then the strings could be run against a translation list and saved back while preserving the code.

I opened DataBase.dat in a hex editor and the best I can figure out is that strings always have 3 null bytes before they start and terminate on a null as well. Anyone have a copy of the untranslated DataBase.bat? Kinda wanna try a test to see if I can automate replacing most text with "XXXXX". If that works without breaking the game then plugging in a translation list should be easy and greatly speed up translating new versions.

EDIT: After a little more digging doesn't seem DataBase.bat has the dialog. Only seems to contain some descriptions of things. Either way still curious to see if I can create an editor for this. If it ends up working could prove useful.
Most of the chunky part of the translation is in the CommonEvent.dat file. Don't have an untranslated copy, but that is where most of the translation is located, though there are parts in the other dat files as well. Translator++ does this system, pulling out strings to translate, but it pulls strings that if translated, can kill the game (it's a bit testy with WolfRPG engine). Unfortunately, it reinserts the translation at the numbered lines, so it can't load translations for different versions of the same game either without breaking.

darkBlu

Jun 29, 2018
No idea what you guys are on about but it clearly said that there's content added in ver 1.3.0?
1.3.1 is what the content update conversations are about. Due to the translation having to start from scratch on a new version, there was a debate on whether or not to restart that process for the fixes present in 1.3.1. The next translation was always waiting for update 1.3.0 to release because the new content was announced in advance, so it was known.

mario6714

Jun 22, 2020
I used the first link you posted, currently downloading from the second link (at a whopping... 30 kb/s... gonna take awhile, in the meantime, I'm going to spend some time watching the newest episode of Orville with Rachel)
If you want i can upload to mega

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Just for the record, I'm translating 1.3.1 that I grabbed last night.

either way, it's going to take a couple of days, I just picked up my new glasses which I'm currently adjusting to (last time I had my eyes tested was back in 2014) so have a bit of eye strain, but best way to adjust to them is just going about as normal, so that shouldn't affect my workflow.

anyway, off translating I go!

1.png 4.png 2.png
3.png 5.jpg

PolkinJames

Jun 12, 2017
Just for the record, I'm translating 1.3.1 that I grabbed last night.

either way, it's going to take a couple of days, I just picked up my new glasses which I'm currently adjusting to (last time I had my eyes tested was back in 2014) so have a bit of eye strain, but best way to adjust to them is just going about as normal, so that shouldn't affect my workflow.

anyway, off translating I go!
Wish all the best to you and take care.

4.70 star(s) 86 Votes