BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Oh, grab the Update pack, you're running some variation of my alpha (I just checked and both my full game and update packs include the "fix" for this). Actually though I don't know what that image is supposed to be either, I added a 1x1px white square image to the Data folder just to stop it from doing that in the release version which at least makes it not throw an error. That image is called a few times by the game but as far as I can tell it isn't actually included in anything, so no idea what it's supposed to be or if it's even supposed to be there.

Anyway why am I still awake?
Hm, there's a pro only data line before each calling of the code that has SC1.jpg inside it. Pro lines aren't readable (but for some reason searchable?), so I'm not sure, but pro options include screenshotting automatically (so making a SC1 screenshot) or downloading an image to use (so finding some SC1 image online and downloading it), among other things. I'd see if you could get to the scene in a non-translated version and see if you can see the image in the Data folder at that time to see that file, as Translator++ may have messed with the pro line somehow (don't know how, but maybe?).

My initial guess (from the coding surroundings and naming structure) is that it's supposed to take a screenshot of the game and then use that screenshot temporarily for a fade/shaking effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Imouto_prpr

ycbalabala

May 29, 2022
Yeah, I see it. You're probably right (although I can't read nihongo). I don't think you have an english WRPGE3 lying around somewhere...?
Clipboard Image.jpg

EDIT: Yeah, from what Google Translate garners, it does indeed take a screenshot to Data/SC1.jpg, shows it, and scales it up to 125%.
Given the "doki doki" text in the middle, I suspect it's to mimic a beating heart.

Last edited:

psychomad

Aug 1, 2020
Lol, no, she most definitely does. I think one of my runs had her no-insert until she got frustrated and did it herself.
I'm pretty sure she doesn't initiate any penetration if you don't do it yourself at least once. She will even refuse you in the bathroom if you haven't done it in bed first. The most she would do is rub herself with yours. If you're not sterile, she will not let you cum inside even if she sticks it in during her night visit.

Jetstream300

Aug 28, 2018
I'm not too surprised, in the end the journey really was Imouto! Life ~Fantasy~ all along - everything must serve the imouto, and I'm not complaining of the lack of guild buddies H from that point of view.

Still, what a tease.
Now that inusuku has proven they can make good characters that people seem to want besides imoutos, maybe their next games will be able to expand (dong) a bit more on secondary characters.

I just had surgery on the nether regions so I won't to able to, uh, play the DLC for a while. But godspeed to those who go in.

And yes, the main menu song really is catchy. So is the Grand Adventure theme, which somehow manages to make me grin every time.
I mean, the game IS called 'living with sister' so naturally its main theme is incest :KEK:
If the dev make other cute girls, have ecchi and flirting scenes with them AND also call you onii-chan.
It's fair to assume that you should also have sex with them. Like, why make these characters anyway? Just to blue ball the MC?

SimplyViewer

May 26, 2024
I'm pretty sure she doesn't initiate any penetration if you don't do it yourself at least once. She will even refuse you in the bathroom if you haven't done it in bed first. The most she would do is rub herself with yours. If you're not sterile, she will not let you cum inside even if she sticks it in during her night visit.
Yup. Out of curiosity I did a lot of playing around to test that myself a few months ago and unless I just got super unlucky that was my exact experience. I was wondering if there was a more natural way of having a first time with her other than waking her up in the middle of the night and demanding action, ha.

RunningFurniture

Mar 4, 2019
first off we like cute things, second he could and was debated on doing so, but doing that WOULD BE 4 GAMES, AT THAT POINT HE WOULD BURN OUT AND QUIT WORK(on a lewd title)LIKE SUMMER MEMORIES DEV!!!. this has been your local common sense announcement brought to you by the dont be dumb association, Dont be dumb, use your brain

ycbalabala

May 29, 2022
I checked all instances of the screenshot/SC1.jpg thingy with WRPGE3 in prpr's translation 0.1.0, and they all look good to me compared 1:1 to the same lines in JP 2.01.
At first glance, it doesn't seem like Translator++ messed around with the code, at least.
This trick (of taking ascreenshot and manipulating it 2 lines later) is used 23 times throughout the game, and only in the DLC parts (in 452: DLC Story, 525: Album Yui display processing and 526: Album Kasumi display processing).
In other words, if you have a JP save, you should be able to reproduce it just by looking at the relevant scenes (Yui and Kasumi) in the album. I'm supposed to work right now (waiting on a meeting), so I'm not going to speed my way through the game, but you can.

Clipboard Image.jpg
Thank you, Kasumi. Very cool.

But the screenshot instruction is indeed a WRPG Pro (GamePro.exe) instruction - I'm not sure if it works with a WRPG Free (Game.exe) executable.
Could the executable be in fact a WRPG Free executable? Does Translator++ do this kind of switcheroo when releasing?
I notice the GamePro.exe all have different CRCs:
- JP 2.0.0 GamePro.exe: EC1C6A11
- JP 2.0.1 GamePro.exe: CE1FE22B
- prpr 0.1.0 GamePro.exe: 57E5CBDE

EDIT: Well, without launching the game yet it looks like this theory might be further supported by Wolf RPG Editor Pro itself, but not with the executable - with Game.dat.
Note: The game uses Wolf RPG Pro 3.260.2023.1115 (from the exe in the JP 2.01 release).

If you get WRPGE3 Pro (available here), unzip, take the closest version (WOLF_RPG_Editor_3.261_Pro_2023_1123_mini_9MB), and put EditorPro.exe in the game directory, you'll be able to load it without any issue on the original JP release.

But if you do this on the prpr 0.1.0 release, you'll see this:

Clipboard Image.jpg

Licence switching
[Pro] Switched the game data to the Pro version.
And sure enough, the Editor just... updates the Data/BasicData/Game.dat on its own (from 09212C74 to 46104DC0).
It's not just a bit switch, either - the Game.dat changes most of its content.

Now I'm not sure why, how or where this Data/BasicData/Game.dat comes from, if it was accidentally copied from the original Imouto Life Fantasy (which was WRPG Free, not WRPG Pro) of if Translation++ doesn't make or alter the Game.dat in a WRPG Pro-compliant way, but I suspect this might be the culprit:
The game does not call the screenshot instruction - and therefore does not generate SC1.jpg, causing the File not found error - because the Game.dat is a Game.dat from WRPG Free (either from 1.4x or from Translation++), and not WRPG Pro (from 2.00 or 2.01).
This does not happen on the JP version, which has a WRPG Pro Game.dat. Ergo. Imouto ergo sum.

I have unfortunately no means of testing this hypothesis currently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Imouto_prpr

Jetstream300

Aug 28, 2018
first off we like cute things, second he could and was debated on doing so, but doing that WOULD BE 4 GAMES, AT THAT POINT HE WOULD BURN OUT AND QUIT WORK(on a lewd title)LIKE SUMMER MEMORIES DEV!!!. this has been your local common sense announcement brought to you by the dont be dumb association, Dont be dumb, use your brain
I also like the cute girls, but having ecchi and flirting scenes with them but no sex, is just blue balling at that point.
Like why hype up characters like that but with no pay off in a hentai game.
I'm not asking for the dev to make side character hentai scenes, but just focus more on the little sister than the side characters if the MC isn't gonna have sex with them.

yent10

Aug 3, 2021
May I please know if you can give me a save file directly accessing the dlc already?
(had to write it down that way ^)

strela

Aug 15, 2019
question, how different the story would be had you beat Akatsuki on first time? You'll still fight his group in tournament final and got interrupted by the mysterious shades right?

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
I checked all instances of the screenshot/SC1.jpg thingy with WRPGE3 in prpr's translation 0.1.0, and they all look good to me compared 1:1 to the same lines in JP 2.01.
At first glance, it doesn't seem like Translator++ messed around with the code, at least.
This trick (of taking ascreenshot and manipulating it 2 lines later) is used 23 times throughout the game, and only in the DLC parts (in 452: DLC Story, 525: Album Yui display processing and 526: Album Kasumi display processing).
In other words, if you have a JP save, you should be able to reproduce it just by looking at the relevant scenes (Yui and Kasumi) in the album. I'm supposed to work right now (waiting on a meeting), so I'm not going to speed my way through the game, but you can.

View attachment 3753510
Thank you, Kasumi. Very cool.

But the screenshot instruction is indeed a WRPG Pro (GamePro.exe) instruction - I'm not sure if it works with a WRPG Free (Game.exe) executable.
Could the executable be in fact a WRPG Free executable? Does Translator++ do this kind of switcheroo when releasing?
I notice the GamePro.exe all have different CRCs:
- JP 2.0.0 GamePro.exe: EC1C6A11
- JP 2.0.1 GamePro.exe: CE1FE22B
- prpr 0.1.0 GamePro.exe: 57E5CBDE

EDIT: Well, without launching the game yet it looks like this theory might be further supported by Wolf RPG Editor Pro itself, but not with the executable - with Game.dat.
Note: The game uses Wolf RPG Pro 3.260.2023.1115 (from the exe in the JP 2.01 release).

If you get WRPGE3 Pro (available here), unzip, take the closest version (WOLF_RPG_Editor_3.261_Pro_2023_1123_mini_9MB), and put EditorPro.exe in the game directory, you'll be able to load it without any issue on the original JP release.

But if you do this on the prpr 0.1.0 release, you'll see this:

View attachment 3753839

And sure enough, the Editor just... updates the Data/BasicData/Game.dat on its own (from 09212C74 to 46104DC0).
It's not just a bit switch, either - the Game.dat changes most of its content.

Now I'm not sure why, how or where this Data/BasicData/Game.dat comes from, if it was accidentally copied from the original Imouto Life Fantasy (which was WRPG Free, not WRPG Pro) of if Translation++ doesn't make or alter the Game.dat in a WRPG Pro-compliant way, but I suspect this might be the culprit:
The game does not call the screenshot instruction - and therefore does not generate SC1.jpg, causing the File not found error - because the Game.dat is a Game.dat from WRPG Free (either from 1.4x or from Translation++), and not WRPG Pro (from 2.00 or 2.01).
This does not happen on the JP version, which has a WRPG Pro Game.dat. Ergo. Imouto ergo sum.

I have unfortunately no means of testing this hypothesis currently.
Ah, the reason for the difference would be because I did do some minor edits in Wolf Editor v3 (not pro), so I suppose that I will have to redo those real quick using the more featured version (thanks for the link). Fortunately I do have all my changes well documented so it will be easy to reapply them (it's just a bit of UI stuff really). I'll swap the newest JP GamePro in as well, I don't think it breaks anything (I don't know what actually modified it in the first place, perhaps I accidentally used an older version?). Then I guess I'll have to get a save file to one of the SC1 scenes to actually test if it's doing it properly.

Reactions: leastdevotee

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
question, how different the story would be had you beat Akatsuki on first time? You'll still fight his group in tournament final and got interrupted by the mysterious shades right?
It's not very different, but you get the option to do some more combat stuff instead of the cooking route.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
I did a quick playthrough of the DLC with mtool and I didn't get this bug. Dunno if that helps
M'kay, the issue must be either the GamePro.exe being the wrong version or the free version of Wolf Editor mucking things up somehow. Going to try to blast through to an offending scene to see if just swapping the exe fixes it, and if not, try rebasing on files exported using the Pro version.

EDIT: OH! The Album includes it as well! That's a million times easier to access, lol. Also swapping the exe alone did not work, will experiment further.

EDIT2: Fixed it! Will put together new packages with fixed files. Thanks a ton to everyone who helped look into this bug!

Last edited:
Reactions: ycbalabala

ycbalabala

May 29, 2022
This might ironically break the compatibility patch with Kagura saves, though, if we were just using Kagura's Game.dat.
I'm not sure, though. Maybe putting Kagura's Game.dat and letting the editor update it can preserve compat.

EDIT: Oh, you already handled that. Welp.

I'm just glad I can use my day job skills of debugging stuff made by other people all in service of the almighty imouto. In fact, considering my wage and the time they make me waste in useless meetings, I might just redirect that to Inusuku and purchase both game and DLC.

Anyway, tangent time. I love the choice of Comrade Onii-chan for Kasumi.

This is absolutely not a dig or anything, I am fully aware that comrade is to be interpreted in the fellowship/nakama sense (Onii-chan and Kasumi being BL-buddies - to Kasumi, at least) and I don't have a better suggestion, but I can't help but hear the when she uses it.
She will seize the means of seducing Onii-chan from the lustful, selfish and greedy imouto and redistribute him to the guild.
She arguably already does in the base game (by straight-up entertaining the thought of using the imouto as a lever to win against Onii-chan) and the DLC (you know, uh, the sex part).

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 84 Votes