Ferlucio

Feb 21, 2018
Do you need both the base game decensor and DLC decensor installed or does the DLC one have both? (the dlc file seems smaller, that's why I'm asking)

Bogard_0

Jul 30, 2021
Since there are people often asking about how to play the latest version on your Android phone I decided to try and make a semi-complete guide/instruction on how to configure Winlator for Imouto Fantasy. Hopefully helping people by referring to this post later and try to update it if i am not too lazy. I hate writing tbh, but here we go:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think this should be all for now. I probably forgot a bunch of things but i will TRY to update this later if needed.
Will this also Work on a Samsung Galaxy Tab?

Roma_B

Jan 27, 2024
Since there are people often asking about how to play the latest version on your Android phone I decided to try and make a semi-complete guide/instruction on how to configure Winlator for Imouto Fantasy. Hopefully helping people by referring to this post later and try to update it if i am not too lazy. I hate writing tbh, but here we go:

I think this should be all for now. I probably forgot a bunch of things but i will TRY to update this later if needed.
I just tried longjunyu2 fork and it works muuuch better than one I used before (yours). It still can't working with 3D Mode with any configuration (don't run or cases errors), but even with Software Mode the game runs at high FPS, almost like on PC.
If someone has Helio processor and the game can't run or causes this errors, 1000040723.jpg
I advise you to switch Graphics Display Mod to Software Mode. 1000040722.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: xTLDx

winceptor

Jan 8, 2023
I just tried jongjunyu2 fork and it works muuuch better than one I used before (yours). It still can't working with 3D Mode with any configuration (don't run or cases errors), but even with Software Mode the game runs at high FPS, almost like on PC.
If someone has Helio processor and the game can't run or causes this errors, View attachment 4005432
I advise you to switch Graphics Display Mod to Software Mode. View attachment 4005434
Yeah my fork is from older version and jongjunyu2 have done a lot of changes and updates to it in their fork. They even added modular system to install plugins on the fly which allows ppl to keep updating their containers without updating apk itself. The only issue is that for some reason theres some random chinese all over the place with it. At least in version i used before. Either way i probably wont be updating my fork anymore since this does everything better already. Unless i pull their changes into my fork and do my own version specifically for playing Imouto Fantasy. Maybe one day, but for now im kind of useless.

BartzV

Jul 25, 2023
Or i am a fucking dumb or my cellphone is doomed. I can play PUBG mobile at 60fps with my moto edge 30 fusion, 12gb ram and snapdragon 888. But THIS game runs like shit. It is unplayable. I tried everything and the build recommended above is the best of them, but not enough. It is a really shame. I would like to play it in my cellphone.

Roma_B

Jan 27, 2024
Or i am a fucking dumb or my cellphone is doomed. I can play PUBG mobile at 60fps with my moto edge 30 fusion, 12gb ram and snapdragon 888. But THIS game runs like shit. It is unplayable. I tried everything and the build recommended above is the best of them, but not enough. It is a really shame. I would like to play it in my cellphone.
This is my configuration (same as Winceptor) and gameplay.

1000040725.jpg 1000040726.jpg 1000040727.jpg 1000040729.jpg 1000040734.jpg
I hope this helps you.

Reactions: xTLDx

addarch

Jun 6, 2024
Emulation is always test basis, If you dont try anything by yourself no one can help you unless your issue is just simple case to case.

winceptor

Jan 8, 2023
Sometimes unfortunately the device or app is just not working out. Emulation is not reliable. It might work perfectly on one device and not work at all on another for reasons unknown.

We can only suggest what worked for us to try, but you said "tried everything" then theres nothing we can do for you anymore if you really did so.

I will still ask if you did the suggested steps like copying files to "E:" drive of winlator, because playing directly from external/emulated storage is very slow. My phone is Oneplus 9 and is fit for gaming, but not especially powerful anymore these days. I get smooth 60fps on the base Imouto Fantasy game, i only run into performance issues if i install extra mods like color and fffox.

The biggest performance killer seems to be IO read/write operations and the more files there are to handle the slower game runs. Your possible solution is finding storage location which is faster.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
is there any new update for now? link download in main page is already newest version with dlc ?
No new update, DLC is part of the standard download.

I have been meaning to improve the translation, but frankly, have just got 0 will to do so at the moment, I will get around to it, but...

well speaking plainly, I think working on the translation killed any love of the game for me, I simply cannot enjoy playing the game, and in fact, besides working on/testing the translation, I've never been able to sit down and play it for fun.
I've seen every scene multiple times while testing/checking the translation, I've seen the code behind it all while working on the translation and in doing so... I don't know how to put it, but it just sapped any possible enjoyment I could get from it, even thinking about working on the translation fills me with a sense of... something.

It's for this reason that I will NOT be doing the Monochrome remake when it comes out, I want to enjoy the game. I've hmmed and heerred about possibly doing it, but no, ultimately I think it's for the best if someone else handles it, firstly, because I want to enjoy the game, and also because I know my current... malaise is a good term I think, which is affecting this translation will transfer over, and that wouldn't be fair to myself or people that want the monochrome remake translated when it comes out.

I will reiterate : I will update this translation at least one more time, just to fix everything up and make it all good, I don't know when, as I will probably have to force myself to do it, but I will get it done.
I would like to extend my deepest thanks to Imouto_prpr for releasing their own translation, as honestly, it took a major weight off my shoulders in terms of the spiral I was heading down in regards to peoples expectations and wants vs my malaise with the game in general.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024

I have been meaning to improve the translation, but frankly, have just got 0 will to do so at the moment, I will get around to it, but...

well speaking plainly, I think working on the translation killed any love of the game for me, I simply cannot enjoy playing the game, and in fact, besides working on/testing the translation, I've never been able to sit down and play it for fun.
I've seen every scene multiple times while testing/checking the translation, I've seen the code behind it all while working on the translation and in doing so... I don't know how to put it, but it just sapped any possible enjoyment I could get from it, even thinking about working on the translation fills me with a sense of... something.

It's for this reason that I will NOT be doing the Monochrome remake when it comes out, I want to enjoy the game. I've hmmed and heerred about possibly doing it, but no, ultimately I think it's for the best if someone else handles it, firstly, because I want to enjoy the game, and also because I know my current... malaise is a good term I think, which is affecting this translation will transfer over, and that wouldn't be fair to myself or people that want the monochrome remake translated when it comes out.

I will reiterate : I will update this translation at least one more time, just to fix everything up and make it all good, I don't know when, as I will probably have to force myself to do it, but I will get it done.
I would like to extend my deepest thanks to Imouto_prpr for releasing their own translation, as honestly, it took a major weight off my shoulders in terms of the spiral I was heading down in regards to peoples expectations and wants vs my malaise with the game in general.
Dang man, just do what it is you enjoy for sure. It went well for me this time, but I've been in exactly the same position working on stuff in the past. When you start feeling like it's a job and are avoiding it, you probably should just be honest with yourself about how things are going. It changes with time, though; maybe you'll look at something else a few years down the road and the spark will come back.

Monochrome Remake is interesting, and at this point I'm leaning more towards taking a look at working on it than not. Especially if it's true that Inusuku is having issues getting a deal for an official English portーa game that has content which western distributors find problematic only makes it more interesting to me.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Dang man, just do what it is you enjoy for sure. It went well for me this time, but I've been in exactly the same position working on stuff in the past. When you start feeling like it's a job and are avoiding it, you probably should just be honest with yourself about how things are going. It changes with time, though; maybe you'll look at something else a few years down the road and the spark will come back.

Monochrome Remake is interesting, and at this point I'm leaning more towards taking a look at working on it than not. Especially if it's true that Inusuku is having issues getting a deal for an official English portーa game that has content which western distributors find problematic only makes it more interesting to me.
I hear ya.

God, this translation only started as me taking a peek at the games files after learning how to decrypt them... and then I had the bright idea to see what tools there were for translating... one thing lead to another and I found myself just rolling with it. Me. with knowing very little japanese...

On the plus side, if anyone ever asks "could I translate something?" people can point to this game and say "the twit that did that had zero idea what he was doing, and he released workable translations within 2 weeks or less of new content dropping"

on another plus side, working on this also made me learn how to use photoshop at a basic level, so that's helpful.

Also, just learned that Kagura has finally said that the DLC is "coming soon"... no release date as far as I know.

winceptor

Jan 8, 2023

I always wondered how people who translate games feel about it since they end up staying in the backstage and seeing all the inner workings and all the dialogs there are to be seen. I honestly considered them "sacrificing" their enjoyment of something for the sake od others. So this is not rly surprising to me how you feel.

Perhaps people could avoid this fun sapping experience by first playing 100% of something before peeking under the hood to not lose any fun for themself, but that ofc means the translation will wait for a while before someone even starts working on one. I have only the respect to translators and modders of games that end up giving part of their enjoyment away so that others can enjoy the game and understand it.

tl;dr
Thank you for your work so far and i hope you will enjoy monochrome remake with the rest of us! And sorry if you felt or still feel pressured about translating stuff (especially since not everyone seems to appreciate your effort enough). People easily forget to show gratitute and take things for granted too often.

Sep 3, 2019

Yeah I know what you mean. I've also in the past working with talented people working to translate Japanese 3DS games that 100% guaranteed won't come out in EN version. I really LOVE this game and thrilled when I have chance to contribute. I worked as graphic editor that edits and redraw the UI and any hardcoded graphics. Times fly by but the more I worked on it, the more I know the "inside" of the game and it spoilt the experience of playing the game for me. At one time then I decided not to continue and resigned from the team.

I can't continue working on the game that I still play and have connection with the characters in that game. Seeing a "secret" CG that you have to get in certain ways, or getting to know how the games calculate a chance to get a CG/special event and things like that... I just can't. I'd rather see myself in the dark and trying to get the CG/event for myself because it's more exciting that way. I made a mistakes of working on a game that, while I love the game, I still play it regularly. It would be SOOO much easier if I worked on a game that I didn't really care for, or a game that I have finished 100% and can move on from that.

That's why I have nothing but RESPECT for any modder out there translating the game for us. It's a challenge not only to manage the works but also trying not to lost the passion and will because you already know the games inside out.

Thank you for your dedication all these years translating sisters series for us. You don't have to work on it anymore to make it perfect, not only because of the problem you mentioned, but also because the official translation will come in the near future. You have done so much. Thank you.

kite001

Jun 20, 2018

I understand you perfectly, it's kinda the reason why I stopped working in the industry as a whole a few years ago, both as coder and tester, because it killed the enjoyment of games I didn't even had a hand on, always on the mindset of the mistake searching, knowing what happens behind the magic trick and so on, it's really not a nice experience to have.

Reactions: leastdevotee

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Perhaps people could avoid this fun sapping experience by first playing 100% of something before peeking under the hood to not lose any fun for themself, but that ofc means the translation will wait for a while before someone even starts working on one.
So the funny thing is that in my experience, most people doing fan translations are not entirely fluent in Japanese to begin with; in fact, a great deal of people working on official versions have questionable proficiency as well (and the dubbing industry is a whole other story). So if you're coming from a position where you are also trying to figure things out for yourself, you almost might as well just work on the translation as you do so.
I hear ya.

God, this translation only started as me taking a peek at the games files after learning how to decrypt them... and then I had the bright idea to see what tools there were for translating... one thing lead to another and I found myself just rolling with it. Me. with knowing very little japanese...

On the plus side, if anyone ever asks "could I translate something?" people can point to this game and say "the twit that did that had zero idea what he was doing, and he released workable translations within 2 weeks or less of new content dropping"

on another plus side, working on this also made me learn how to use photoshop at a basic level, so that's helpful.

Also, just learned that Kagura has finally said that the DLC is "coming soon"... no release date as far as I know.
You always have to start somewhere. Thanks to your efforts I didn't have to question whether or not it was possible to manipulate the game files since it had already been done by someone else. Learning by doing is certainly the way this stuff goes; to the degree I can read Japanese, it's largely due to working with eroge. There's always something positive to pull from experience, so just keep on pursuing whatever nonsense feels like it's worth your time in the moment.

EDIT: And oh yeah, Kagura's "coming soon" I think was posted more than a month ago at this point, so who knows what that actually means as far as their release date ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Horton7777

Aug 26, 2020
Coming back to this game after the DLC and other updates came out. But now I'm on day 70-something (after training camp and first real round of the tourney) and Kasumi hasn't joined. Early on I got the event to save her from the thugs but never saw her in the bookstore despite going there every day every weekend. I tried going back to a save on day 40 and retrying the weekend several times but she doesn't show. I then tried using cheatengine to move that save back to day 30 and played through a full week several times but she doesn't show. I've searched this (massive) thread but couldn't find much of anything.

I'm out of ideas, is there any chance to unlock Kasumi on this save or do I just have to restart?

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Coming back to this game after the DLC and other updates came out. But now I'm on day 70-something (after training camp and first real round of the tourney) and Kasumi hasn't joined. Early on I got the event to save her from the thugs but never saw her in the bookstore despite going there every day every weekend. I tried going back to a save on day 40 and retrying the weekend several times but she doesn't show. I then tried using cheatengine to move that save back to day 30 and played through a full week several times but she doesn't show. I've searched this (massive) thread but couldn't find much of anything.

I'm out of ideas, is there any chance to unlock Kasumi on this save or do I just have to restart?
If you're all the way to day 70 it'll be faster to just finish the main story and trigger the special event where she joins in the post-game.

4.70 star(s) 89 Votes