Have pregnancy ?

• Yes

Votes: 8,366 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,824 17.9%

• Total voters

ebuzz

Nov 27, 2020
Just once per month news to say " Hey, I'm still alive ", but no concrete news since May 26 on Patreon. One thing that I learned throughout the years on F95 and that I keep on repeating on several threads, is , " Don't get attached to any game here ".
Reliable and serious Devs are really rare. Among the hundreds of Devs who promote their games here, there might be only 10 or 15 trustworthy ones.

No matter what a Dev say, only trust his Actions.

while it is certainly understandable why you think this way, and believe me I have seen these results as well. Please keep in mind that a majority of these Authors do not do this as their source of income. Their main employment to pay the bills take priority and if they have to abandoned a project because of work or family demands then so be it. they don't owe us an explanation, this is a hobby for most.
What certainly does not help is non supporters complaining and demanding, that is a #1 motivational killer. Ask your self have there been times you wanted to quit something, for example, your job, because your employer got into your shit like a drill sergeant instead of talking to you like a valued person?
And I did see that the mention of no patreon comment section not being regularly updated. What is being overlooked is the history of this author and their communication, it has been fairly regular. And their subscription tier as really small, unlike some of these other authors on here that have production level quality material, that milk and squeeze their subscribers for every last cent for YEARS with no content.
The author, while in the making of chapter 5 had a major setback when they lost all their renders for chapter 5 due to computer malfunction, and they did learn a valuable lesson on using external back up. Chapter 5 was planned to be a HUGE update. I feel their pain, all that work lost, having to redue all that work, hey, who would not lose a bit of motivation over a setback like that?
Then the author while in the midst of this had to relocate their residence, moving to a new location is time consuming and draining and as a result of this and community pressure for a release, chapter 5 was released outside the authors scope of vision.
I applaud this author for hanging in there during this trying time. I expect as the dust settles it will get better for this story.

ebuzz

Nov 27, 2020
How many would be interested in a Discord channel? I have discussed this with the author but it will be set up and ran by me so they will not have additional distractions. The intent of the discord channel will be for the fans to share ideas/complaints on the story with each other as well as the author in a more fan based environment and it would really be awesome to see some fan rendered art.
I am not advertising that there will be daily discussion with the author, more like a fan driven discussion amongst yourselves that they will get ideas from.

Woodalicca

Jun 13, 2022
while it is certainly understandable why you think this way, and believe me I have seen these results as well. Please keep in mind that a majority of these Authors do not do this as their source of income. Their main employment to pay the bills take priority and if they have to abandoned a project because of work or family demands then so be it. they don't owe us an explanation, this is a hobby for most.
What certainly does not help is non supporters complaining and demanding, that is a #1 motivational killer. Ask your self have there been times you wanted to quit something, for example, your job, because your employer got into your shit like a drill sergeant instead of talking to you like a valued person?
And I did see that the mention of no patreon comment section not being regularly updated. What is being overlooked is the history of this author and their communication, it has been fairly regular. And their subscription tier as really small, unlike some of these other authors on here that have production level quality material, that milk and squeeze their subscribers for every last cent for YEARS with no content.
The author, while in the making of chapter 5 had a major setback when they lost all their renders for chapter 5 due to computer malfunction, and they did learn a valuable lesson on using external back up. Chapter 5 was planned to be a HUGE update. I feel their pain, all that work lost, having to redue all that work, hey, who would not lose a bit of motivation over a setback like that?
Then the author while in the midst of this had to relocate their residence, moving to a new location is time consuming and draining and as a result of this and community pressure for a release, chapter 5 was released outside the authors scope of vision.
I applaud this author for hanging in there during this trying time. I expect as the dust settles it will get better for this story.
TLTR;
Let's talk about facts :

Is he taking money or did he pause payments ?If it's the latter, then I'll apologize. But if it's the opposite, he owes an explanation and better communication to his supporters. That's all. Shit happens to anyone in life. Sure, but as long as you're taking money from pplz, you owe them something in return. Not me, but his supporters. Have a nice day.

Reactions: buktccbfc71

ebuzz

Nov 27, 2020
TLTR;
Let's talk about facts :

Is he taking money or did he pause payments ?If it's the latter, then I'll apologize. But if it's the opposite, he owes an explanation and better communication to his supporters. That's all. Shit happens to anyone in life. Sure, but as long as you're taking money from pplz, you owe them something in return. Not me, but his supporters. Have a nice day.
they did communicate the issues being dealt with, and it was on patreon, that's how I know about them, not daily however and that's understandable. If one is dealing with major stressors in their life one tends to focus on the immediate issues, not the expanded ones. the author still continued to work on their vison and did not abandoned like so many others have. Feeling let down and dejected because a daily update was not provided is very selfish, at the same time I can not put myself in your shoes and know how you feel. That's only my opinion. We are all raised with different values, ours differ and I respect that.
I truly hope you have better days moving forward.

Woodalicca

Jun 13, 2022
Feeling let down and dejected because a daily update was not provided is very selfish, at the same time I can not put myself in your shoes and know how you feel. That's only my opinion. We are all raised with different values, ours differ and I respect that.
I truly hope you have better days moving forward.
What in the World are you talking about.... ?

Who asked for a Daily update ? Where did I write this ? I said " better communication ". His last post was on the 26.05.2024

We are all raised with different values : Indeed. And my value tells me to don't work for free as I have bills to pay. Still, you're evading my question : Is he taking money or did he pause payments ? Before talking about values, open your eyes and stop defending the undefendable. You take cash = you work. That's as simple as that. You didn't have time to work because of family issues ? Fine. Then pause payments : no one will blame you. We're humans and shit happens. How many Devs do this when going on a hiatus? Why can't he do the same ?

Besides, he doesn't have any background to legitimate his behavior. It's not as if he completed 10 games before. He doesn't have a solid reputation. He's a newbie who still has to make a name for himself.

Out of curiosity, how much do you get paid to white knight him like that ? It's unreal.

StannyStanny

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
Update is live on patreon, F95Z will get theirs soon.
Am alive am starting ch6 now. Whizz has been a tremendous help. All is well.

I work 12 hour shifts so any progress I make I will update. Like I said I would never abandon this story. I would rather end it quickly and abruptly rather than not ending it at all.

ebuzz

Nov 27, 2020

Who asked for a Daily update ? Where did I write this ? I said " better communication ". His last post was on the 26.05.2024

We are all raised with different values : Indeed. And my value tells me to don't work for free as I have bills to pay. Still, you're evading my question : Is he taking money or did he pause payments ? Before talking about values, open your eyes and stop defending the undefendable. You take cash = you work. That's as simple as that. You didn't have time to work because of family issues ? Fine. Then pause payments : no one will blame you. We're humans and shit happens. How many Devs do this when going on a hiatus? Why can't he do the same ?

Besides, he doesn't have any background to legitimate his behavior. It's not as if he completed 10 games before. He doesn't have a solid reputation. He's a newbie who still has to make a name for himself.

Out of curiosity, how much do you get paid to white knight him like that ? It's unreal.
if it is any of your business, I get paid nothing, and to answer your other question its based on perception. Its really impressive you have super values, if we all could only be so perfect. Its very apparent we are in two different camp, yours unforgiving, mine forgiving. I am done entertaining you. cheers.

KiGa

꧁THC꧂
Respected User
Aug 5, 2017

C'mon cut the guy some slack. He earns 70$ per month and has two tiers, 2.5$ and 5$...so imo this is clearly not for the money. And i don't see a reason to pause the payment, for almost two months without a post. There are many worse devs here...and they earn more.

But on the other hand, i also think, a little post on Patreon about how things going, all 2 weeks or at least once per month wouldn't hurt and cost the dev 5 minutes...and give a better chance to gain more subs

Reactions: Woodalicca

Woodalicca

Jun 13, 2022
But on the other hand, i also think, a little post on Patreon about how things going, all 2 weeks or at least once per month wouldn't hurt and cost the dev 5 minutes...and give a better chance to gain more subs
Tell that to the guy just before your post. Dude can't even answer an question and is talking about values. Unbelievable. I'm not here to fight. Only stating facts.

3.50 star(s) 20 Votes