VN Ren'Py Abandoned Lockdown [v0.2.0] [gAdult]

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes

dx_boost

Mar 6, 2018
Just from the title of that post we can assume it's On Hold because it says he's pausing billing for lack of time to work on the game.
Until we get the whole post we can only assume, and hope, that it will continue when he has the time to work on it.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I would say even without reading the full post this game is abandoned.
It was a project... like its name, created from Lockdown, and things have either gone back to some kind of normality for the dev or moved into a new occupation, giving no time for creating a game.
But part of me thinks like a lot of games created, the dev did not really understand the level of work and time required.

Personally, I am about to unwatch and move on...

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
I would say even without reading the full post this game is abandoned.
It was a project... like its name, created from Lockdown, and things have either gone back to some kind of normality for the dev or moved into a new occupation, giving no time for creating a game.
But part of me thinks like a lot of games created, the dev did not really understand the level of work and time required.

Personally, I am about to unwatch and move on...
Well the part the dev wrote 'i no longer have time to continue this project' pretty much states that the game is dead lol.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
oof, that was one update's worth of content stretched into 2 updates, I kinda see what other people were talking about now.

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
ic patch not working
It is a stupid way to fix it but delete relationships.rpy or at least move it out of the folder and replace the current even if already replaced relationships.rpyc with the incest one, the .rpy overwrites the incest patch
Also floating button in the bathroom sex scene
1623940739523.png 1623940800877.png

yunmaster

Aug 29, 2017
There is nothing to expect from a man without responsibility.
Every time they just say they don't have time.
However, the donation is small, so them just give up.
But who would donate just by looking at the tutorial? Does he have a finished game? Do you have a portfolio? No.
It is just irresponsible and imprudent.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I think this was another victim of the money didnt come as quick enough in the first update

And thats why it got abandoned you see it will so many game developers they create something and inmediatly think they can reach thousands of dollars with 1 or 2 releases

And if that dont happen they just abandon ship

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I think this was another victim of the money didnt come as quick enough in the first update

And thats why it got abandoned you see it will so many game developers they create something and inmediatly think they can reach thousands of dollars with 1 or 2 releases

And if that dont happen they just abandon ship
Yeah I've seen that happen with too many games like this. New devs expect to get huge off of one prologue, and that's just not how it is usually. I've only seen a couple times games got really popular off of initial release, and they were extremely lucky, and spent more time advertising then actually working on the game.

Hope gadult reconsiders. The game can build up a following (and patreons) after a few updates, but won't ever do so if people know he's not committed to working on the game

Reactions: michael1984

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
I've been wondering what happened to this, kind of forgot the name so it took a minute to find, this could've been something but not surprised it's been abandoned. Anyone expecting instant revenue from stuff like this needs to get their expectations in check.

Apina Kapina

bugs? Bugs BUGS!
Game Developer
Jul 14, 2018
I've been wondering what happened to this, kind of forgot the name so it took a minute to find, this could've been something but not surprised it's been abandoned. Anyone expecting instant revenue from stuff like this needs to get their expectations in check.
What I have observed in the years lurking around that it takes about year of timely updates to start getting traction for new / unknown dev. Also there is possibility for big payoff in the end with Steam if the game is finished, but with amount of adult games flooding also in there it is harder to get the game visible in there too.

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes