• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Lockdown [v0.2.0] [gAdult]

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes

Modjoc00l

Nov 10, 2020
This started good, but I have the feeling its already dead in the water.

The thread here is mostly dead, his patreon hasn't been updated since 3 weeks ago and still has the same spelling mistakes like "Chirs" instead of "Chris" on his page which we made him aware of.

I usually like to be right, but I wouldn't mind being wrong about this...

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
It's only been a month and a half, so I wouldn't say this game is dead yet. There's plenty of devs who don't update their patreons for months! That being said I would love to know this game is still being developed though as it has sooo much potential. Hey gadult any updates for us pervs? :D

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Are all western like this? I mean, do they have locks in their house?
Rooms don't always have locks, at least in my country. Here, it isn't the usual thing, but it isn't rare either, in many town houses each room has its key, in many cases there is a master key that can be used in all rooms. It isn't so common in cities, or in new houses in towns, but if the house is old enough and the doors are original it can happen.

The bathrooms, however, always have a lock. I guess this will be the same everywhere.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Damn, now I'm also wondering if this will be abandoned :confused: Guessing maybe it's because dev still doesn't have many patrons. Too many great games don't make it because people don't know about it. Meanwhile some really bad/lazy games have huge followings.

It's all about advertising gadult ! Friendly tip, post in the Daz art threads and create signatures for people to use to help spread word of your game.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I created some Fan Signatures for the game, but for some reason, a Mod or gadult have not linked to it in the main post.

Lockdown Fan Signatures.

Not many images to work with so was limited with choices.

As for the lack of members on Patreon, I said about this in an earlier post, prices are too high for a game in its very early stages, so not going to get many people being members when very little content and development has been shown yet.

Also while gadult has an account here, does not interact much with people, not replying to comments or suggestions.
I would say, sadly this is already in the on-hold category... going very much into abandoned, which is a shame as it had potential.

Modjoc00l

Nov 10, 2020
Expected release date of next update ??
Probably never.

His last activity here was on 18th february and on his patreon page the last "weekly" update was on 22th february.
Before that, he didn't even bother to correct the biggest spelling mistakes on his page.

I say the [Abandoned] tag is in order...

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Probably never.

His last activity here was on 18th february and on his patreon page the last "weekly" update was on 22th february.
Before that, he didn't even bother to correct the biggest spelling mistakes on his page.

I say the [Abandoned] tag is in order...
He was on this forum Mar 12, 2021, hopefully will chime in soon

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I created some Fan Signatures for the game, but for some reason, a Mod or gadult have not linked to it in the main post.

Lockdown Fan Signatures.

Not many images to work with so was limited with choices.

As for the lack of members on Patreon, I said about this in an earlier post, prices are too high for a game in its very early stages, so not going to get many people being members when very little content and development has been shown yet.

Also while gadult has an account here, does not interact much with people, not replying to comments or suggestions.
I would say, sadly this is already in the on-hold category... going very much into abandoned, which is a shame as it had potential.
wow you weren't kidding, one of his tiers is $49 a month! too much too early I agree. He would benefit from interacting on here more until he builds his supporter base

tcstone89

Oct 3, 2020
the incest patch doesn't seem to be working. its installed how it says to, it replaced the relationship file, but the text is still wrong in the game

sasxmjcn

Dec 8, 2020
the incest patch doesn't seem to be working. its installed how it says to, it replaced the relationship file, but the text is still wrong in the game

The one thing I notice you don't say you're doing is the bit about deleting BOTH the relationships.rpy AND relationships.rpyc files BEFORE installing the relationships.rpyc file from the v0.2.0 incest file! You MUST delete the relationships.rpy file because if you don't it will conflict with the relationships.rpyc file from the incest patch and stop the new relationships.rpyc file working correctly!

Also, just to check this, but are you using the new v0.2.0 incest file or still using the old v0.1.0 incest file?

tcstone89

Oct 3, 2020
I downloaded a clean version 2.0 of the game, unzipped the patch, and dragged and dropped the file into the game folder and replaced the file of the same name

Modjoc00l

Nov 10, 2020
I downloaded a clean version 2.0 of the game, unzipped the patch, and dragged and dropped the file into the game folder and replaced the file of the same name
But you still didn't do the thing sasxmjcn wrote and even highlighted the crucial parts...

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
Here's how renpy works:
It loads all the .rpy-Files found in the game-Folder and compiles them to .rpyc-Files. Only the compiled .rpyc-Files are used when you load up the game. So... If you replace the .rpyc-File, but leave the .rpy-File, the Non-Patched rpy-File gets compiled and overwrites the patched .rpyc-File.

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes