BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
The last time I played, I had to get into the engine myself and fix these mistakes of this developer.

:mad: I'm generally surprised at people when they create such projects and demand money from them, well, they don't even try to test their game for mistakes.
Yeh that is fair. My 2 main hates is when a game is a buggy mess or when a game has the incompatible saves problem which I get a fair bit although I am ok with it every now and again but for some games you have to start over way to frequently.

Reactions: bleugh123

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
The game works fine for me, I just lost the saves on the last update now I have to start all again... And I'm really lazy for that since i'm just waiting for content with the GF :BootyTime: does someone has a save from before this update?

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Yeh that is fair. My 2 main hates is when a game is a buggy mess or when a game has the incompatible saves problem which I get a fair bit although I am ok with it every now and again but for some games you have to start over way to frequently.
Well, errors like there is no picture on the screen are easy to treat, write the correct path to the file as indicated in the folder!

I always do this and I don't make such mistakes, well, it happens that I made a mistake with the name of the file format. But things like I wrote are fixed when I test a new update.

Everything is easy about saving if you know how the variables in the game work. I myself suffered with this in the first game until I found the answer in one post on the Internet on this topic.

Yes, I can understand why developers don't spend much of their time testing if they can release updates, and then I'll probably fix it if I don't forget. It's wildly infuriating. -_-

Reactions: BadmanBaxter

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
The last time I played, I had to get into the engine myself and fix these mistakes of this developer.

:mad: I'm generally surprised at people when they create such projects and demand money from them, well, they don't even try to test their game for mistakes.
I think this is the dev's first try and only tested the game on Windows (on which the game works fine). Honestly that's no excuse but at least the game is not behind a paid wall. If people want to support him its their choice.

Reactions: Feyschek

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
I think this is the dev's first try and only tested the game on Windows (on which the game works fine). Honestly that's no excuse but at least the game is not behind a paid wall. If people want to support him its their choice.
He indicated that he works on Linux, so let him be responsible for it :)

These are not excuses, I honestly write on which OS I tested the game on and warn the players about it.

Reactions: bleugh123

applepie123

Aug 3, 2017
Hot damn this is just my kind of ntr game, well almost. I love the aspect of your hated bully turning literally everyone around him into a cuck, and going after all your loved ones. Though I'm not as keen as the MC becoming buddy buddy with Darren and becoming so cuck that he'd help him get the girls so quickly. Should have a little more resistances and tension imo. Also reached the end of the version so far, and I'd vote for keeping this html and finish the game first. It works just fine as is, there's no need to remake it at this point.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Hot damn this is just my kind of ntr game, well almost. I love the aspect of your hated bully turning literally everyone around him into a cuck, and going after all your loved ones. Though I'm not as keen as the MC becoming buddy buddy with Darren and becoming so cuck that he'd help him get the girls so quickly. Should have a little more resistances and tension imo. Also reached the end of the version so far, and I'd vote for keeping this html and finish the game first. It works just fine as is, there's no need to remake it at this point.
I'll answer honestly, I don't care what genre the game will have and what tags the game will have. If the game offers, in addition to the text, which is simply intended to tell the player a story or reveal a character, but also content in such quantity, I will play such a game.

But alas, I have met very few such games, either all the content is blocked for whales or where there is more grindage than content...

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Honestly that's no excuse but at least the game is not behind a paid wall. If people want to support him its their choice.
By the way, I forgot to add a thought about the toll wall.

If you are paid money, then you owe people, there can be no one-sided deal, then it turns out to be a deception of people. That's why I don't use patron and other monetization tools, so if they start paying me money for my job, or rather, for my hobby.

I will begin to feel a sense of responsibility to the people who paid me the money. Because if I suddenly want to stop developing or stop making updates, my conscience will torture me to death. As they say, if I can't offer a decent product, what's the point of demanding money? That's right, there's no point.

That's why I sit and calmly make small HTML games for a narrow circle of people :)
Because I learned a very strong lesson at the time when I started making my first HTML game. If you don't know how to do it, don't take it, or at least learn how to do everything normally to begin with. (By the way, this is on the topic of novice developers who study and earn money from players.)

So, I gradually moved towards my goal, learned from mistakes and tried to start creating my first game for real. Well, one thing I didn't fix, it was my knowledge of English. (Yes, I use a machine translator)

So I decided to just make the game in my native language and that's it.
Plus, I used one trick of HTML games, these games run through the browser, which means they can support the built-in online translator of the page.

:ROFLMAO: Here are my thoughts on the toll wall :)

Reactions: tohuga

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
If you are paid money, then you owe people,
I'd only consider actual promises, money involved or not. I don't agree with forcing unmentioned responsibility on creators and I don't think "money" is the only support one could receive.

If the patreon tier already state the benefit one could get then that is what one is going to get with the money spent. The dev has never expected to provide anything beyond that and they've never said they would give more. If anyone want more then they should have communicated with the dev and fixed a deal before paying anything.

Patreon has never been a place for pre-purchasing products. Its more like joining a community that support the content creator so he can continue creating contents. If the creators stop doing what you like you can quit your subscription. Just because you subscribed it does not mean the creators must continue working for 5, 10 or 20 years, there has never been such promises and never will be.

Also money is just one kind of support, and there are other actions to show gratitude or help the dev and could be extremely time consuming too. Things like making fan sig, fan art, spreading the words, voluntary testing, feedback etc. Those too are support and could be more costly than subscribing if you consider the time spent. Does that mean if someone done those things for the dev, the dev automatically owe people and must do the best to make the game great and finish the game too?

I think the actual problem is that some people misunderstood what patreon is about. If they regret supporting the dev then maybe they should have read clearly before paying and be responsible for spending. If they knew the game is bad and might not be finished and still paid for it then its their own problem.

Last edited:

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
LockedDown-0.8
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

kfy

Apr 27, 2017
Haven't played yet but was curious, does the MC have any content with the girls or is he just helping the other dude get to them?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Locked Down [v0.8] [AnonDux]

COMPRESSED: Win/Linux/Mac:
- - -

Reactions: kratos1234
3.80 star(s) 13 Votes