Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
My speculation is that Backgrounds are one of those things that are taken for granted. But when they are bad, or have clear errors (Chieftains Tent Entrance). They are super distracting.

But the issue won’t be about the quality, it’s about having more.
I've gotten a little lost since last time.

Because of the design of the non-Krystal room (Since by the character creator [and I suppose to avoid copy problems] you can already make a totally different character), the hope that as happened in v0.8, that there are still scenes in real time (with the models as they´re on stage and not because of a load for a cinematic) or... that option is already dead and everything will be cinematic?

Thing that I wouldn´t care so much (it would be like The price of freedom) but the doubt arises from how to implement it?
For example, K or not K, suffer a Gangbang, pass the cinematic and then when you return to the map, your 2d model will be as if nothing or it will only be retouched to indicate that its condition is bad and that it is universal no matter what has happened to it (example, being attacked by tentacles, dinosaurs, etc.,)?

Which again, although that would reduce the quality of the game and the realism (as it happens with most JP games like Pink Peach) better than nothing.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
that there are still scenes in real time (with the models as they´re on stage and not because of a load for a cinematic) or... that option is already dead and everything will be cinematic?
There will be scenes that still use the in game rig. For example there’s a quick shower scene with Kay and the orange fox Maeve that uses the in game rig. With that said, they will likely only be used in scenes that use the side view.
For example, K or not K, suffer a Gangbang, pass the cinematic and then when you return to the map, your 2d model will be as if nothing or it will only be retouched to indicate that its condition is bad and that it is universal no matter what has happened to it (example, being attacked by tentacles, dinosaurs, etc.,)?
It’s a good idea, but I haven’t seen a plan for it.

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
There will be scenes that still use the in game rig. For example there’s a quick shower scene with Kay and the orange fox Maeve that uses the in game rig. With that said, they will likely only be used in scenes that use the side view.

It’s a good idea, but I haven’t seen a plan for it.
So scenes (until the last one) how was it with Sek (I don't remember his name) that slowly progressed the corruption until it climaxed with sex, now almost everything will be mostly cinematic instead of using the model in use?

An absolute shame, the essence of this project was live events not a path from point A to point B to get to an animation (well, depending on how it looked even in the original idea). I only hope that of the few that there are at least some good ones with sex and one with tentacles as happened in the classic K.

By the way, general curiosity, the aforementioned version 0.1.3.0 that they just released on the 4th of this month, compared to the last one that was shared here, does it present something interesting or are they still like, "slowly but without stopping"?

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
So scenes (until the last one) how was it with Sek (I don't remember his name) that slowly progressed the corruption until it climaxed with sex, now almost everything will be mostly cinematic instead of using the model in use?
I don’t know. I’ll ask about it and pass along the answer when I get it.

By the way, general curiosity, the aforementioned version 0.1.3.0 that they just released on the 4th of this month, compared to the last one that was shared here, does it present something interesting or are they still like, "slowly but without stopping"?
Here’s the patreon post for anyone who hasn’t seen it. I’m not sure which version you mean. If you mean the direct download link version from February 2021, then yes I think it’s worth playing. If you mean the build from March. Then you could skip it without much issue.

As you can read below, it features some quality of life fixes in game. And a few finished lewd scenes.

Hiya everyone! We're excited to bring you the latest scheduled patch that we've gotten developed. This update is a bit lighter than we had hoped for because a handful of items were not quite ready to deploy.

The following is this update's changelog - we hope you enjoy it, and as always, thank you for your support! Here's what's new:

- Added Kay’s Shower Scene.
- Added Kay and Keakrix CG scene.
- Interacting with the bathroom door in Kay’s room.
- Added a light switch in Kay’s room.
- Added a popup to let people know the end of the current game progress Fixes & Modifications.
- Modified the tanning minigame to scale with the player’s selected difficulty and have less stages.
- The bathroom door in Kay’s room is now click to open/interact rather than motion detection. It still uses motion detection to close the door though.
- Removed the day/night cycle affecting the absolution ship (we now have light switches).
- Fixed Kay waking up on the floor
- Improved lighting in Kay’s room
- Switched Terminal button text from Skip Absolution to Skip Ahead to Village

In the next update, we intend to add sound effects to CG scenes, dialogue, a few new environments/backgrounds(finally!), at least one more CG scene and at least a bunch of the Absolution characters and their respective outfits and dialogues. Stay tuned!”

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Here’s the patreon post for anyone who hasn’t seen it. I’m not sure which version you mean. If you mean the direct download link version from February 2021, then yes I think it’s worth playing. If you mean the build from March. Then you could skip it without much issue.
I know of the February build, but last I heard the March build was released for "Marines", which I can only assume not me. Is the March build out already (public)? I really wish they were more open with their...posts. I see nothing of this sort. It-it frustrates me Morty.
And there is even a build for this month? Why have we never heard of this? Why am I just hearing this now off some sub-forum? Someone dropped the ball, and I'm trying to say it nicely.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
I mean sure, they can double the 1$ tier and get it to 2$, but I can already predict that a good portion of people will decide to drop if that is the case. Ik its in part not a dev issue but a patreon issue as well. But as soon as we are going above 1$ people start thinking about budgeting. If it works out for them, nice. If not, don't be surprised. If more than 50% of their 1$ subs stop subbing they will loose money. If not it literally stays the same but people pay more, which - should they not deliver - will end with them loosing money long term. Their choice.

As for the content... a bit sparse on monthly content, but lets see where it leads. I might consider subbing the moment that they are substantially further than the old 0.8 version. Which - from what I read - they are not yet. I am invested in storylines from back then, if I get no progress on those Im not interested.

And I hope the 2d model is used. A game that only works with CGs is not only problematic because there always have to be new CGs, but also because if you run around in the world it feels disconnected from what happens in the CGs, so lets hope for some actual details showing who "Kay" is after specific scenes, reflecting things that happened or didn't happen based on the player's choices. It is not an accident tha right at the start when this project started (the original), people were so excited just about the mere writing, scenarios and about the possible outfits that could be available for the FMC.

RazRazor

Sep 26, 2017
As far as I understood it the ingame scenes will just be pushed back a little bit because the animators have so much to do with basic movements (sitting, running, crawling, swimming, fighting etc.) but the team will return to animating ingame scenes at a later date. At least this is what they told us.

Quote from november 2021:
"I wish to alleviate people's fears in that we are not abandoning in game scenes, we are just going to give you jerk off content in the form of CGs for now, while we work on other processes."

As a long time patreon I take them by their word. If for any reason it turns out that is not the case anymore, and the team moved silently from "we are doing CGs scenes just for the moment" to "we scrapped ingame scenes altogether" this would be a huge deal breaker for me and I will demand some answers why they then lied in the first place. But at the moment I didnt see any notion to dismiss ingame scenes from the developers.

After all, the customization of the models and dialogue, which both can be translated so good for the CG scenes, were a big promise of this game.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Will this ever see an Android release?
I'm gonna be fair: From here and now on, 3 to 5 years at the least (updates are more or less every 2 months, so the devs averaging between 4 to 6 update posts per year, minus their RL problems and other bottlenecks)

Or you can request it to somebody who knows to port games to Android...

Furytales

Sep 17, 2020
nop only oral, no see a good fuck for more 4 years more
Well just like in real life … 4yrs is a long wait for a good fuck, then I wonder if it is worth the wait without the guarantees. There are other fish in the sea which might be more worthy

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
then I wonder if it is worth the wait without the guarantees
Staning (of the insiders, I think) said that the devs will work the game from zero stars rating to a perfect five stars rating as they go on with the game...

I am a bit skeptical as to whether the game would be worth the wait or not. I don't want to rely on too much hopium/copium/what-have-you in this one...

Reactions: Ion.TemUS

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Haha that’s a little optimistic.
That exactly has been my problem with this dev for a long time. It's always big plans and a long wait. Instead of saying "lets get it here then see". It sounds like a kid saying "ill be president one day, I promise you. and when I am, Im going to give you a job and fufill your desires". And Im just standing there being "sure bud, but how about you try to be a local politician first?". And they're like "nah, go big, or go home". But, lets cut this short, I don't want to repeat past discussions too much, its just going to derail the thread.

BlackStars

Sep 6, 2017
Well it is now half a year since I last wrote something I told I will watch and see what happens and give this a fair chance and oh boy what can I say nothing much happened sadly?! It is the same slow path with next to nothing to see aside from small stuff keeping people"interested" that beg for this to work. Is there a plan for a major update? Or is there really just a few cg's and backgrounds? I mean wasn't the statement half a year ago there will be updates in a steady path with actual progress? It is just sad after everything said.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes