Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
You can probably start with a text game with LOK lore (perhaps even literally from this "rebirth" demo). This may test your story creativity and gameplay design.

With a very text-based game, there's no flashy animations or graphical fidelity to hide behind, just pure, raw and ergonomic game on display directly. Development mistakes and bugs are far more blatant, like spelling errors and value misalignment. Hence why, despite supposedly being easier to update, some of them are in the hills of top games, such are the tales of Corruption of Champions series, Monster Girl Dreams and Lilith's throne.
Yea
The thing abolut text-based or pixel-art games are while theya are not very demanding artistically you have a lot more freedom to tell things.

Piracy is a necessity in an industry primarily built on promises that are never delivered.

In most cases, a quality project will garner support with adequate advertisement on key sites. Criticism should also be considered and built upon for progress instead of rashly ignored by prideful idiots that wish for the audience they want to have.

Which is why no matter the situation of this game, the developing persons behind it are at least negligent and incompetent or the most vindictive and lazy they could be.

I find the amount of drama and issues they have had, including abandoning a site as large as f95 because of having their feelings hurt, should give an adequate indication on who they are as a team.

Perhaps there is a reason why people aren't happy with the game? Maybe holding your hands against your eyes and not seeing the problems is detrimental?
Who am I to think of such a revolutionary concept as listening to the audience?

*Edit.
Maybe they are holding their eyes closed, it would explain why they aren't using their hands to develop the gane.
It's true. Just look at DL-Site and Ci-en. There are heaps of garbage you have to sift through to find a half-decent game, and often it's either decent gameplay and lackluster or badly done ergoe-content (either visual or narratively), or it's the other way around as in great looking art but the gameplay is lackluster or non-existent.

The few developers that really manage to do a decent game with okay development time (1-3 years) where people have some fun with the gameplay and the story is maybe interesting and the scenarios are done well and the art is not horrible get more than enough support. I have seen some of them selling 10 or 15k units within a few months. And even if that is not huge numbers, in the end its enough to pay the bills and fund development of the next game. H-games remain a niche market if you compare them to even Indie games on steam, so its clear that you can't get rich with them. But if you know what you want to do and you don't overbloat the game, you get the scope right, deliver regularily (if you have active development with version releases) or get the game done within a reasonable timeframe (as in, posting progress development and getting tips for that on ci-en or patreon and then releasing the full version at some point after 1-2 years) then you get a reasonable amount of people supporting you and buying your game. And guess what, its way more likely they'll do the same with your next game.

Piracy is a symptom of two things: poverty and lack of trust. And both of these exist way too much, esp. on the internet, and esp. in the h-game niche.

Reactions: Latetoparty

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
Okay, thanks for the gif. I'm afraid I just saw the whole game in 4 years of history.
Upon further inspection, it looks like they were working on that one animation since last year. It's not bad, but that pace doesn't bode well at all.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
In all honesty, Kuja has a better chance and rapport if she just made comics with some animation in between
Okay, thanks for the gif. I'm afraid I just saw the whole game in 4 years of history.
That gif you saw there was probably weeks of work. By contrast, Dengon can pump out an animation or two (often lasting a whole 30 seconds webm) in a week, Taga (before he was coerced into SFW by his parents) has a far greater production rate, making two animations per year. Bear this mind. Even in the highest of quality, one individual artist with a meagre budget delivered more than a whole team with multiple updates.
Eh, call me once its in the demo
But nice for them

Last edited:

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
I find the amount of drama and issues they have had, including abandoning a site as large as f95 because of having their feelings hurt, should give an adequate indication on who they are as a team.

Perhaps there is a reason why people aren't happy with the game? Maybe holding your hands against your eyes and not seeing the problems is detrimental?
Who am I to think of such a revolutionary concept as listening to the audience?
You know, sometimes I'm glad that YouTube and F95 is very generous with continuous replies and on-topic deviations, especially critical ones.
Compare these two to something like eδ2! (one that Kuja tacitly endorses) and the differences is clear.

For one, going too far with a mundane subject, like a debate of whether one should use japanese since someone used a jojo meme on an artpost with a timestop innuendo, any RP (The only website that bans them, so far), or literally just typing kys as a random response, the mods would come in double barreled and threaten the participants of influencing "User Feedback" (It's basically their version of social credit system)

Do know what they called criticism for an act, wrongfully or rightfully, sees this post specifically (not the artist or even the artwork per se) breaching eδ2! rules? Harassment. Like they treat disliking this practice and commenting on two to three separate on-topic post the equivalent of bullying the artist directly, even if they do like the other dozen or so times from the same artist. Sure, from that site mod pedestal, one can say their particular "vigilantism" is going too far, but to consider that those previous comments counts as harassments, including or even mostly containing valid criticisms that weren't immediately slapped with a strike, is straight just gaslighting their reputations as harassers from the very beginning.

Bear in mind that this the usual Feedback strike given for "Refusal to use blacklist"
Creating posts, threads, or comments that complain about artwork that can be blacklisted
So criticism on the decision itself, even misplaced, is somehow pegged to this Feedback despite no complaints were made on the artwork itself? It's like they copypaste this rule out of convenience rather than seeing their reasoning of Feedback do not warrant such a response.

Before I continue the next point, let me tell you about their blacklist system. In a nutshell, things like "underage" NSFW are automatically blacklisted, but even with that, you can just click a button just to turn off/on the blacklist just between the search bar and the column of tags.
Their reasoning of "just use the blacklist if you don't like them" is an asinine paper solution that requires mods to watch your moves on what is supposedly a resolved case. The on-paper solution treats as if the users can't turn off the blacklist (yes, even after placing the blacklist on said artist) to comment on another on-topic post of the artist. And guess what? They'll check every word of each comment and if one even remotely resembles "hate", they call harassment, but will drop the "blacklist" argument since you already did so. You probably get a red strike as such.

The reason I came to reply with a seemingly a lot of non sequitur, is because I checked on the website about Kuja's animations and dabbled on other animation artists, comparing her standards to others. After, checking a particular recent post with heavy downvotes, I checked the comment section out of curiousity. I have very little sympathy to furries in general, less so to people who waste their time arguing there, but the fact that mods have the power to paint your entire interaction from the comment section as harassments and then give you a "sTfu, jUst uSe blacklist", is straight up a Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy. Like they think these people are NPCs that are following stereotypes of what THEY think a hater is. This isn't even a defense on behalf of those degenerates, rather that you have even more powerful degenerates that treat their users as cogs in a machine to drive their abomination forward.

Last edited:

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
That is an incredibly long time for such a shoddy animation, not going to sugar coat it.
Its not even shoddy, it just took too bloody long.

also Theovonpapen I'd also ban you if you wrote "kys" as a random response, regardless of what the other person wrote, ngl.

Last edited:

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
I hear the tribe devs are hardworking and really responsible towards its pledgers and they going to provide a finished game this year :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But one can wonder if they will truly will finish even a game with a decent amount of gameplay content which i can just be skectical about it, at least AI can catch up in the making of games and see which one will finish a LOK game? AI or a group of humans who have twisted, egocentrical and selfish motivations of course mentioning the few folks from the team who burned the bridges a while ago.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
Its not even shoddy, its just to bloody long.

also Theovonpapen I'd also ban you if you wrote "kys" as a random response, regardless of what the other person wrote, ngl.
point granted. Then again, harassment, even as 2nd-dictionary-definition-of-the-word-[dubious] as kys, only nets you a red strike (or even a grey strike for first timers) rather than an insta-ban.

Also, I have little confidence in someone who is trigger-happy to ban someone for 3 letters. In other words, I don't trust banhammers who are as easily triggered as twitter.

Last edited:

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
Upon further inspection, it looks like they were working on that one animation since last year. It's not bad, but that pace doesn't bode well at all.
More or less, Art was finished in December with animations not starting until February. It's been a failure of scheduling.

IIRC there's been 4 streams with about 8-10hrs of work for that gif.

Mega Link is gone
You can find the launcher on

• Haha
Reactions: BruceMcGivern
1.60 star(s) 24 Votes