Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

Dooder

Aug 21, 2017
You know what's crazy? And this just dawned on me today with the "sex" update.
Cult of the Lamb is a fraction of the age of this project.
Massive Monster has 10 employees and CotL was in development for FOUR years.
Get that in your frontal lobe.
Normal indie devs doesnt have the luxury of being able to milk patreons forever that h devs do so they actually have to work.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Let's also remember that this game has used the Legend of Krystal Rebirth patreon with, I think, 1000 users donating.

Either patreon is lying and the money is coming out from under the stones, or there are 1000 subjects who haven't found out that this is the same after 4 years. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Nice that they finally brought an update. Honestly Kantir was probably the only reason I took the occasional peak here. I can't believe they are still getting support. I'm not mad mind you, just in disbelief regarding the fact that they seemingly have a very convoluted way to distribute their game? like, through the launcher but sometimes also not and you need a special link from the discord? That sounds very manipulative to me. Like get people to join your personal community, get them emotionally invested and gain sympathy, make them realize you are humans so they have a hard time canceling their subscriptions/pledges because they would feel bad for you (in addition to sunk cost fallacy effects and other tactics). But it's surprising to me they have so many supporters still if the only way you get to play the game is to be in personal contact with them through the discord.

Also, even if I would be in the mood to check out the game, at this point I am highly suspicious how they stay afloat even with the supporters they have, so Im wondering if they haven't built in a bitcoin miner or sm nonsense into the LoK Launcher to make money off the people trying their game :KEK:
(No evidence, this is just me being a paranoid cynic, but I think you can hardly blame me)

MgMn

Sep 25, 2017
How much content does this have currently?

As far as I understand this is a remake of "Legend of Krystal: Rebirth" after some dev drama or whatever. So does this have as much content as the original at this point or less?

Doomdooom

Mar 1, 2018
What is with games based on Krystal? i remember over 10...or hell 15?! fucking years ago when those original flash games started coming out and it got so popular they had to make the Legend of Krystal forums.

None of these games have ever finished, not even the spinoffs like the Princess Peach one.

How horny can we get over a blue fox girl from Star Fox Adventures, a spinoff game for the goddamn gamecube (which i will say was actually a really good game if annoying at times, fuck you to hell Tricky!)

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
"Hey guys, it's been a long road, but we got around to it. After investing about 100 man hours, we finally bring you our 80th update! We put in the effort, despite our staff suffering through a lot of intense medical situations, such as our fridge running out of orange juice, and needing about a thousand dollars of our backer's money for gas, so we can drive over to the next region to get it. However, we all suffered, because we love our fans... money. Without further ado, the changes you've been wanting for many months now!"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

"We hope to continue bringing you more excellent changes like this all year! Over the coarse of the next 9 updates, spanning throughout the coarse of this year, we hope to finally finishing those remaining fingers :)"

Last edited:

Lev Orlov

Nov 13, 2017
Let's also remember that this game has used the Legend of Krystal Rebirth patreon with, I think, 1000 users donating.

Either patreon is lying and the money is coming out from under the stones, or there are 1000 subjects who haven't found out that this is the same after 4 years. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, at this point I finally just unsubscribed and unfollowed the project. Gonna just ignore this thread too. I've been subbed since nearly the beginning and after nearly 4 years (Feb 2020) of this purgatory enough has been enough. This game should have been completed, at the maximum, a year ago. Instead it's still a janky mess with little content and more of the same bullshit. Devs clearly don't care and just wanted the cash from stealing the idea of the original game and giving people hope that a solid modern remake would happen. I was one of the suckers who fell for it.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Yeah, at this point I finally just unsubscribed and unfollowed the project. Gonna just ignore this thread too. I've been subbed since nearly the beginning and after nearly 4 years (Feb 2020) of this purgatory enough has been enough. This game should have been completed, at the maximum, a year ago. Instead it's still a janky mess with little content and more of the same bullshit. Devs clearly don't care and just wanted the cash from stealing the idea of the original game and giving people hope that a solid modern remake would happen. I was one of the suckers who fell for it.
Well good on you for pulling the plug. I hope you only pledged a couple of bucks per month, which would mean you got away with little financial loss.

GH057ts

Jun 21, 2020
The old version has more animations and they are well designed. There are about 20 of them, if I'm not mistaken. In the reboot version - so far 10 or 12. And they are made buggy.
I did the right thing by unsubscribing from them. For two years I have been watching the same walking animation and how it is being improved.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes