Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes
Feb 1, 2017
We plan to make that aspect way less exasperating. (at least according to what Vlad said, I'm just the monkey who makes the puppets dance)

Curious, what is it that you don't like about the restyle? I helped pick the colors, so perhaps it may be my fault?

Oh btw what do you think of Eri's redesign I did?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

People seem to dislike her old lady tummy, but that's supposedly part of her decaying character and jealousy.

So to make ammend for making her like this I also drew a younger version to cleanse your eyes:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks in case for the feedback, still learning here!
Wait, that's Eri's redesign, not Meiri. But even still, I'm going to give my two cents and say that the tummy is a nice addition in terms of variety, because not everyone can be a pinup model or a gigachad, especially in the later stages of life. The scenes/overall interactions with Eri were enjoyable too, only downside was indeed the need of cheat engine's speedhack to get through the pot segments :Kappa:
Now I haven't seen the new Meiri redesign or I don't remember seeing it, so I can't comment on that.

May 31, 2018
Whatever did happen must have soured recently. Abelius's personal project, HHS, just went belly up. I assume Kuja took his art assets back and bailed. The HHS trello was also deleted.

View attachment 1037496

As it is a little off the rules of this forum in a thread about one game - talking about another game, but my opinion - even though Abelius is a talented animator - his personal project simply did not find its audience ... It's was just another hentai game, of which there are thousands in internet, and therefore - he chose not a good idea for his game.

Hopefully in the future - he will either return to the main roster to LOK team, or, at last - will continue to work on the abandoned version of the game discussed in this thread.

Last edited:

Robberbaron

Oct 8, 2017
Wait, that's Eri's redesign, not Meiri. But even still, I'm going to give my two cents and say that the tummy is a nice addition in terms of variety, because not everyone can be a pinup model or a gigachad, especially in the later stages of life. The scenes/overall interactions with Eri were enjoyable too, only downside was indeed the need of cheat engine's speedhack to get through the pot segments :Kappa:
Now I haven't seen the new Meiri redesign or I don't remember seeing it, so I can't comment on that.
I was looking forward to the Eri scenes, but new design ruined it for me, sadly.

TitleA_A

Apr 27, 2020
his personal project simply did not find its audience ... It's was just another hentai game, of which there are thousands in internet, and therefore - he chose not a good idea for his game.

Hopefully in the future - he will either return to the main roster to LOK team, or, at last - will continue to work on the abandoned version of the game discussed in this thread.
Made the exact same mistake that 98% of the LOK forum make.
Deviated from the source.

I'll still never not be surprised at the lack of Playshapes homage games to this day.
Think DirtyC was the only one that got it right, despite the flash jank.
Cortas SPLATformer too.

Feb 1, 2017
So when can non-patrons expect a release? I see that most if not all of the known bugs have been corrected for the upcoming version.

kreaven

Apr 10, 2018
Pikant

Is there a plan to start a thread for the new game? Continuing the conversation here is misleading.

I guess it'd be better if the devs did it themselves.

Reactions: Mad_S

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Pikant

Is there a plan to start a thread for the new game? Continuing the conversation here is misleading.

I guess it'd be better if the devs did it themselves.
I mean, the old abandoned one was made by someone else, and the devs motioned that they wanted a thread of their own they could control. Well, someone else beat them to the punch line here.

Feb 1, 2017
No, it's supposed to be one week delay for non-patrons at least this time, which should've been Thursday/Friday. Guess it'll be this coming Monday at this point.

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
I know that this project has not yet recovered its past glory so that as soon as a new version comes out, that version is filtered / published almost on the spot, as happens with projects like Mity or it happened with the abandoned version of it. But it surprises me that not even a single in-game image of the content or any theme of it (except for minimal anger due to a single pj's art change) has been published, either to discuss something or to report something like some bugs . Perhaps the 2485 patreons that there are do not know of the existence of this page or what? Yes, they may be relatively few compared to other projects, but even so, there are 2485 people and for that number, I am surprised that we are still only on page 33-34 of this post.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
It is a first contact, do not expect anywhere near the content that was in the previous game. It would be best to wait for more advanced versions before you can be disappointed.
Unless it happens like the previous 3D demo which did not work or liked and have to start again, which would lead already, as a last resort, to retake the previous game from 0.8 :sneaky:

Reactions: dragonsix6969

Mad_S

Aug 23, 2019
Yes the current version (1.0.0) is only the game foundation, with very, very little content. But many mechanics and art/animation content are now done, so the story and more mechanics can be added from now on. I suspect they want to fix a maximum of bugs and polish it a bit before releasing it to public.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
I spent about 10 minutes in the character creation trying to figure out why I couldn't click confirm. Turns out you have to click the "capture icon" button to snap a portrait.

The game looks really nice and seems like it has the potential to be good. A few problems I've noticed so far though are:

* The inventory doesn't persist across loading screens.
* Kay hovers for a few frames after jumping.
* Appius appears twice when talking to him.

One more thing to add:

* The memories are, to say the least, FUBARed. The animations don't align well at all, there's a lot of clipping issues, and Kay's mouth moves when it's supposed to be interior monologue. I assume this just hasn't been addressed yet and hopefully isn't a massive oversight.

Last edited:

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
Given that the public version is already available, shouldn't the entry be updated so that anyone knows the status of the project and incidentally, if people like it, be more supported?

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes