Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

RazzleDazzle

Donor
Apr 29, 2017
Holy shit they're back! Also, for everyone who doesn't know, this is a brand new team lead. I'm very excited to playtest and see what they can do by putting ACTUAL work into this game.

• Haha
Reactions: chopolander

nicokira

Oct 26, 2019
what to do because I understand nothing except go from right to left I wanted to go to the waterfall she is not available and there is not much scene frankly this remake is bof I would have preferred that he finish the other

Master Mirror

May 11, 2017
am i the only one still pissed they changed the artist engine and the whole damn game. its so bad compared to the prior version, what was the logic behind changing everything for a mediocre artist and a mediocre game.
You are not wrong, not just art but everything is a step down from the last version of the game in terms of quality.

Worse art, worse characters, worse setting... After all these years and they could only bring out this bare skeleton of what would be called a tech demo... What were they even doing/thinking all this time?:FacePalm:

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
am i the only one still pissed they changed the artist engine and the whole damn game. its so bad compared to the prior version, what was the logic behind changing everything for a mediocre artist and a mediocre game.
If I remember right, the old version had things done in a way that it become more and more difficult to add or change anything as the game became bigger. That, and the author and patrons felt it was progressing too slowly. So, a team was hired and they've spent around a year rebuilding things from the ground up so that (hopefully) the project can proceed at a steady and more rapid pace now. Also, the artist is the same one. It's just a different design.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
Holy shit they're back! Also, for everyone who doesn't know, this is a brand new team lead. I'm very excited to playtest and see what they can do by putting ACTUAL work into this game.
Don't expect much. It's VERY barebones. Hopefully though, the groundwork is laid now and they can start working on narrative, content, and more interesting mechanics.

moohoo

May 13, 2018
Is it possible to de-fur her?
about as possible as me playing a japanese rpg maker game and furrifying the protagonist.

Don't expect much. It's VERY barebones. Hopefully though, the groundwork is laid now and they can start working on narrative, content, and more interesting mechanics.
Just like the cloud meadow devs were able to put development into overdrive once they escaped the yoke of the project manager for breeding season who was slowing everything down

Reactions: zen4yalp

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
So, a team was hired and they've spent around a year rebuilding things from the ground up so that (hopefully) the project can proceed at a steady and more rapid pace now. Also, the artist is the same one. It's just a different design.
Well, 80% of that year was spent developing a version that from day 0 was known not to work.

Also, the artist is the same one. It's just a different design.
That is the conclusion we have reached. yes. The question is whether he is really satisfied with his work compared to the previous one or maybe he is just not that motivated in this game anymore and it's just a way of simplifying everything.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Mad_S

Mad_S

Aug 23, 2019
Well, 80% of that year was spent developing a version that from day 0 was known not to work.
The only thing they lost time with is 3D environment. The code, the animations, the launcher, the mechanics done for the 3D demo are used in this new 2D version.
As for the artist, he said himself that he's way happier with the art in the new version and the rate of progress compared to the old game. He's working hard and seems very much motivated.
Anyway, you seem happy to draw your own conclusions devoid of any proofs or link with reality, while the devs are super transparent about the progress and you can discuss here with the them or join the discord where there are many news and information available, and where devs interact with the community on a daily basis. You can also check the trello, where you can see that the team is very much motivated given the amount of work being done.

Last edited:

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Criticisms or comments of disagreement are not aggressive, they summarise the development of the game and are just as valid as positive ones. Perhaps you would like to know that Sean Murray received insults and death threats for No Man's Sky, that is aggressive.

We support the good and criticise the bad, as you will do in many aspects of your daily life.

Last edited:

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
"aggressively shitty" does not mean the comments themselves are aggressive, just that they are in fact, very shitty comments.

It's an intensifier when used in this context, not a descriptor.

Jam82

Oct 19, 2018
I sorry to say that my excitement is dwindeling.
the game runs extreamly slow and I have now more than one time been stuck on a screen that I can't leave, without closing the game, they should do this in the renpy-engine instead - true you might not be able to move in 3D but that is actually not important in contrast to game-speed and content - but that is just my personal view.
i do like character design and the expected posibility to change looks and more.
Also a ingame help/walktrough/cheat option would be nice.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
This thing is a barely functional mess. You put in a character name and everyone refers to you as "user default", it has ridiculous slow down for such a simple game, and it provides absolutely no direction. I'm not sure how this thing could be any worse than it is.

moohoo

May 13, 2018
I'm amazed the devs are kind enough to even continue posting in this thread with how aggressively non-stop shitty it is to them.
Buddy, check out some of the threads for other western H-games like the TiTs or Lilith's throne. Neither of those games even restarted twice and they make this thread look like a hugbox.

Reactions: Keldin

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
Buddy, check out some of the threads for other western H-games like the TiTs or Lilith's throne. Neither of those games even restarted twice and they make this thread look like a hugbox.
The way I see it is that I have nothing invested in the game aside from checking this thread since I'm not a patron. I have no problem pointing out issues with the game's functionality or commenting about things I'd like to see, but clearly their patrons are happy with how things are going or they wouldn't be supporting them. Either that, or they have a lot of supporters that just forgot they're paying them each month.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes