Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

tuvieja41

Jun 30, 2017
Maybe in a couple of years you will find out when this quest will be introduced into the game.
wait, but it's the only quest I have.... Is there really nothing to do here other than awkwardly running around and taking half a minute to pick up some twigs???

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
wait, but it's the only quest I have.... Is there really nothing to do here other than awkwardly running around and taking half a minute to pick up some twigs???
You can jump too, you can cook, and there's some broken sex animations. Seriously though, yes, that's all there is to do right now. This is basically just groundwork. There's no meaningful content yet.

May 31, 2018
Congrats on your victory. :)

While I have never been hit with any of these, I have seen a number of projects and individuals hit with them. Of course they are also doing something with bigger IPs as well, like Star Wars, so I'm sure the bigger the IP you choose to play with the more likely they are to come down with at least a C&D.

The saddest part of these situations tends to be the amount of work the creators put into it. By the time they get notified, it could have been years of hard labor. Just "switching out" with some new IP they need to come up with in their head is just too much, too devastating, and the creator gives a tearful post and the project, regardless of how awesome it was, vanishes entirely.

People can also use those to attract talent as well. So sometimes the team wants to do this because they really love that particular IP, and don't want to put that much effort into something not that IP.

Thank you, and yes, unfortunately, unpleasant situations do happen in life, but demand dictates supply, creating something using parodies of famous characters often attracts attention, and for young and beginning studios this is extremely important.

But sometimes there are no serious achievements without risk, and therefore everyone chooses their own path. And where this path will lead - only time can tell.

But it's better to be an optimist than a pessimist, anyway we can't get out of life alive :)

AXE2501

Dec 6, 2019
so anyone else having you freeze up just after starting? or is it my old lab top not up to the task.

arimouse

Mar 11, 2018
Thats why I said earlier that if it is like this where Abelius have his rights to ver 0.8 if they kept going with it and suddenly he decided he wants money for it then thats a problem for them , problem for them = problem for "players" so no matter what they would chose they will always affect the others (players/patrons) but by chosing creation of new project they avoid such possible problem, also its an opportunity to upgrade something (or downgrade for others, cant make EVERYONE happy).
So I'm not sure how "rights" necessarily work in regard to a fan project using derivative content from another copyright holder that didn't even authorize the project. :)

My consideration is that it was not so much about rights but more about the method of programming used. Part of what makes large projects work is teams agreeing to certain coding standards at the beginning of a project, and in corporate settings, programmers adhering to set guidelines and SOPs and permissible libraries and linters.

As a "passion project" I am willing to bet none of these things were done or established, meaning that your head programmer was doing whatever worked. If she happens to leave you are going to find yourself in a situation where nobody has a clue what goes where, how to properly extend new functionality, or even how to debug what exists.

The new team effectively has to learn all of this by browsing tons and tons of, most likely, undocumented code. The time of learning the old code base may not be any longer than starting from scratch. Plus, if the team learning the code identifies early on that some bad practices or huge inefficiencies were done to get something to work, it tips the scale further towards starting over from scratch.

This is not actually an uncommon action either. A lot of code in many industries is abandoned because rewriting it to newer and better standards would not really take longer than trying to fix the old code and keep trying to keep it updated.

arimouse

Mar 11, 2018
so anyone else having you freeze up just after starting? or is it my old lab top not up to the task.
This is kind of one of those exciting things with 2D. These kinds of games can use a lot of video memory, and can be more aggressive even than 3D games in that regard. I'm not sure how old your lap top is or if that's necessarily the issue, but it is a thing to be aware of when making a strictly 2D game with lots of content. Need to watch your vram expectations because you'll get crashes or just crappy performance as stuff is paged in and out for the frames.

I hope you can resolve your issue. :)

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Aaaaahhh... Now I get it.

The redesign of Krys... sorry, the new furry, is to avoid the game being subject to sexualization controversy as is happening with the new design of Lola Bunny for the new Space Jam. :LOL:

450_1000.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: Pikant

Schmuley Goldstein

Apr 12, 2018
Memes aside, the newest build actually looks like there's a fuckton of potential. Cautious optimism... but if this takes off it might actually be pretty damn good.

Gonna suck when 2022 comes around and the project explodes again...

Reactions: D4n0w4r

fuffek

Mar 24, 2019
With 2 years continuation of you guys complaining instead of moving on. Quess different people have different ways of feeling happines from their "efforts".
Report this comment for delete too. "Realization of truth hurts"

Sargash

Nov 22, 2017
Why are the peni like. The size of a finger, and the length of maybe two. Well if the content makes up for it it's whatever. Haha. Lizards jaw looks like a skeleton, it's incredibly uncanny.

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
With 2 years continuation of you guys complaining instead of moving on. Quess different people have different ways of feeling happines from their "efforts".
Report this comment for delete too. "Realization of truth hurts"
Yes, i criticized a lot, and very much, sometimes loudly, sometimes not nice. After taking a look back, thats true for my opinion on this project for nearly two whole years (let's say 1 year and a half, that's more accurate). Could you please be so kind and show me how far this project got since then? Not theory or planning, actual stuff! Yeah? Right, i thought so. thank god Chopo allready shut you up.

Just FYI, my side will shut up when there is content equally to v0.8, the thing i supported. After that, i hope to just have a funny reminder of these times. Given the status now and the statements from devs, i hope this comes soon. Until then, my eyes will have a vigilant watch over this.

Pikant

Lead Spine animator for LOK Rebirth
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Did someone ask for updates? :D
Monday post up!

Website public post:

SubscribeStar post with gallery:

Patreon post with gallery:

I wish you a fantastic week, my horny peeps. Cheers.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes