Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

Art3r

Feb 14, 2019
arimouse my last comment was not directed at you ;) .
That's why quoting is nice thing. In multi-person discussions it makes easier to know to whom you reply. Especially if two or more people talk about the same or similar things.

To be honest at first I thought that you reply was directed to arimouse as well because he/she (fucking english and inability to tell something like this from conjugation of verb) was last person posting about art. Though closer to the end I guessed that you actually meant Pikant and comments on Krystal redesing made by chopolander, right?

arimouse

Mar 11, 2018
I believe he (chopolander) was responding to TitleA_A. I apologize if I get gender wrong, I'm female though but I don't mind if you screw it up, I'm used to it.

But I also wanted to explain where my own stuff came from as far as character concept and design, as well and how I got from A to B with my own design. :)

Sort of informative. I enjoy that aspect of things. I've been working on games in some form since the late 90's and in more common enterprise software for 10 years. I enjoy to share what I know; take it or leave it. :D

Ultimately artistic design and character proportions are in the eye of the beholder. So my concept is neither better or worse, it's just another suggestion in a sea of suggestions. Everybody has an opinion! :)

Reactions: chopolander

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Of course. If we have questioned issues such as the characters from day one, it is not because we want to detest his work, but to expose another vision that is not the author's own so that he realizes details that possibly from his point of view he does not see. But when they want to be right in everything, there is little that can be done.

Last edited:

lonelywolfy

Nov 16, 2017
To arimouse :
Thing on all your screen are very small probably because of 4K. They look quite fine and readable on my 1080 screen.
Also, your edit of doing black outline make then stand out way too much in my opinion... look like a popup book. (For the rest, not a bad job. I like both design)

arimouse

Mar 11, 2018
To arimouse :
Thing on all your screen are very small probably because of 4K. They look quite fine and readable on my 1080 screen.
Also, your edit of doing black outline make then stand out way too much in my opinion... look like a popup book. (For the rest, not a bad job. I like both design)
Thats good. :)

It's one of a million suggestions on how to do things. There is no "right answer".

Deityn

Jun 15, 2017
I actually don't know whats the problem with the last version to make you abandon, but I would really prefer this much time and effort to used for completing last version of the game instead of building basic for a remake. Especially for MC, I must say something because I'm really sad about it. I literally read this thread from the start to the end and majority is saying the same thing that what I am thinking right now. I would say new MC is good, there isn't a problem about it but I must also say old MC was "perfect" too. If you compare good with perfect, it may occur as bad and good in my opinion. Everyones taste maybe Idk its late for this anyway but I'm sad.

I was in love with the old mc, I don't feel anything with this one, you ruined my feelings :cry:

May 31, 2018
I actually don't know whats the problem with the last version to make you abandon, but I would really prefer this much time and effort to used for completing last version of the game instead of building basic for a remake. Especially for MC, I must say something because I'm really sad about it. I literally read this thread from the start to the end and majority is saying the same thing that what I am thinking right now. I would say new MC is good, there isn't a problem about it but I must also say old MC was "perfect" too. If you compare good with perfect, it may occur as bad and good in my opinion. Everyones taste maybe Idk its late for this anyway but I'm sad.

I was in love with the old mc, I don't feel anything with this one, you ruined my feelings :cry:

On a branch with an abandoned version (almost at the very end) Nixoncr said very interesting information, which, if true - may be one of the main reasons - why the restart occurred.

He said : " A whole series of scenes between kantir and neimiri of sex-hate had been planned, but it was not carried out because patreon almost erased them for "rape" so they lowered his tone, but then it happened that Kuja abandoned abelius and lok : rebirth 0.8 "

The abandoned version is really full of moments that can be classified as *sex-hate*, especially with an old female lizard... And I'm sure that the game was planned for many more such moments... And if LOK team was nearly "lose" their Patreon page because of this... Well, it's better to have a more vanilla version of the game than none ... ( But this conclusion is not relevant if the information is not true).

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
On a branch with an abandoned version (almost at the very end) Nixoncr said very interesting information, which, if true - may be one of the main reasons - why the restart occurred.

He said : " A whole series of scenes between kantir and neimiri of sex-hate had been planned, but it was not carried out because patreon almost erased them for "rape" so they lowered his tone, but then it happened that Kuja abandoned abelius and lok : rebirth 0.8 "

The abandoned version is really full of moments that can be classified as *sex-hate*, especially with an old female lizard... And I'm sure that the game was planned for many more such moments... And if LOK team was nearly "lose" their Patreon page because of this... Well, it's better to have a more vanilla version of the game than none ... ( But this conclusion is not relevant if the information is not true).

That is entirely inaccurate. I've explained the reason for the restart multiple times in this thread.

Furytales

Sep 17, 2020
That is entirely inaccurate. I've explained the reason for the restart multiple times in this thread.
Can imagine it is tiring explaining multiple times the same thing . That said , when do you guys planning on having more scenes ( and not the snake please) ? Am sure people don’t mind some spoilers of what is ahead

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020

Ah good, another excuse to repost this:
abel_seriously.png

Reactions: Oimon
May 31, 2018
Ah good, another excuse to repost this:
View attachment 1092281
Yes, I agree that the words spoken by the developers themselves are definitely more solid evidence, however, if there was a problem in the code (and a quarrel with Abel), however, this is not a reason to change the concept of the game so much.

The code can be rewritten, textures, animations, etc. are already there, and this is 80% of all work ... Although, if Abel did not want to share animations either (since he is also was animator of abandoned version), then the restart of the project is more than understandable...

Does this mean that the new version of your game will have adult content that will not be inferior to the content from the abandoned version of the game? And we will meet the characters again, like the old woman lizard, or that *friendly* guy with purple eyes?... I am asking this not because I am a fan of these characters, but rather because in the rules of patreon it is extremely negatively written about such moments, and it is for this reason that the message of Nixoncr did not seem meaningless to me.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Can imagine it is tiring explaining multiple times the same thing . That said , when do you guys planning on having more scenes ( and not the snake please) ? Am sure people don’t mind some spoilers of what is ahead
We are working on Vanlen's scenes from v0.8 atm, then we will move onto Pot Guy "Galdryn"

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
So what is it gonna be different from 0.8 regarding these characters? We won't need to carry the pot a bunch of times or will we?
That pot dragging was apparently one of the biggest complaints about 0.8. I would sincerely hope it's been removed or drastically streamlined.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
So what is it gonna be different from 0.8 regarding these characters? We won't need to carry the pot a bunch of times or will we?
We want to streamline some of the grind, but mostly we want to make the grind fun. The way to make repetitive things fun, of course, is variation and challenge. These 'Jobs' will also have gameplay value for the RPG itself, giving you currency with which you can buy food, supplies, weapons, armor, etc.

While also having sexy things.

As for differences between v0.8 and these characters, there will be some minor differences here and there (Mostly because I'm just redoing a lot of it from memory). The only major differences will be with Cenvir and Chieftain content. I was never a fan of the Chieftain (I didn't write him, and I thought of him as a Gary Stu), and Cenvir had WAAAAAAAY too much content.

I'm going to be changing the Chieftain's character, and Cenvir will be a lazy scumbag who will blackmail you into doing things.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
If carrying the pot a few times seems like a grind to you, few games have you played Renpy or RPGM.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes