Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

Synthenator

Feb 28, 2021
How many more years do we have to wait for an actual playable game? Already been two, maybe two more?
The saddest thing about this is that it sounds quite realistic. We were promised content with Vanlen in early May, and in the meantime, it is already the second half of the summer outside the window. If the development of one character takes so much time, then we will see the finished release no sooner than in 3-4 years.

Of course, this does not scare me much, I just think at that time I will be interested in completely different projects

Last edited:

Mad_S

Aug 23, 2019
New monday post up!

Website public post:

SubscribeStar post with gallery:

Patreon post with gallery:

May 29, 2018
New monday post up!

Website public post:

SubscribeStar post with gallery:

Patreon post with gallery:
"Added new hands and fingers, recoloured, fixed lines"

Yes!! These are exactly the things I want to see in a sex game!! Thank you!!

darkgummy

Jan 20, 2018
I've lost hope of the game :(
Unless you see, universal rigging for all models (no animations that are model specific) the game isn't gonna go well. The flash version had that down and we all loved it. There's too many cooks in the kitchen and this forum distracts them a shit ton.

Unless they show a tech demo with many characters using the same animation rig, they're gonna have to meticulously fiddle with every animation, and it'll take too long to just get the idle & walk animation done, let alone any interactions between characters.

They don't need to release a build to prove status, just a screen recording of stuff working would generate immense support, the fact they don't post stuff like that, really weighs towards nothing is working yet.

Mad_S

Aug 23, 2019
Unless you see, universal rigging for all models (no animations that are model specific) the game isn't gonna go well. The flash version had that down and we all loved it. There's too many cooks in the kitchen and this forum distracts them a shit ton.

Unless they show a tech demo with many characters using the same animation rig, they're gonna have to meticulously fiddle with every animation, and it'll take too long to just get the idle & walk animation done, let alone any interactions between characters.

They don't need to release a build to prove status, just a screen recording of stuff working would generate immense support, the fact they don't post stuff like that, really weighs towards nothing is working yet.
All the skeletons and animations are shareable between all similar characters (all females lizards + female mammals, all male lizards, etc...), and the animations can even be easily transfered to a slightly different skeleton in many cases. For example, to make all the walking animations for the male lizards they basically just copy-pasted the female animations on the male skeleton and had only a few tweaks to do. It was done in a few hours only.

Reactions: darkgummy

Mad_S

Aug 23, 2019
Ah yes... the oldie "See this? I've done it in ten minutes!"

Reading you, one could only wonder why every time there's a delay (since July 19, basically), the number one excuse is "We're only waiting for the animations".

So yeah, I'm not surprised people are starting to think you rigged the skeletons the worst way possible.
For now, the delay they have is because of the time sex animations take. Vlad and the rest of the team are the 1st to admit they're not happy with the progress on that front. Movements animations for the multiple angles, however, have not taken that much time, especially since animations and skeletons are shared between lots of characters.
Also why do you say "you rigged the skeletons"? I'm not a dev.

Mad_S

Aug 23, 2019
Did anyone really think the eight directions were necessary?
From what Vlad said, it was necessary for the combat system they want to make. Not sure if it has changed with coming back to a more 2D (but with some depth) environment. Also, having diagonal art and skeletons allows to use them in sex scenes too, for more angle diversity (for example the latest CG art they're animating is using the diagonal front view).

vashaal

Dec 28, 2018
For now, the delay they have is because of the time sex animations take. Vlad and the rest of the team are the 1st to admit they're not happy with the progress on that front
So basically you're saying they even know that there's a problem with the animators and ignoring this to a more or lesser extent because usually people get paid and it is expected to deliver results on time. If you don't you'll get fired and replaced. That's how it's usually done.

Mad_S

Aug 23, 2019
So basically you're saying they even know that there's a problem with the animators and ignoring this to a more or lesser extent because usually people get paid and it is expected to deliver results on time. If you don't you'll get fired and replaced. That's how it's usually done.
It's not what I wrote, but whatever... In addition to Pikant and Archie, the team recruited 2 more animators recently to help on that front. It took a few weeks for them to get up to speed with the rig, skeleton, etc... but apparently they're now finishing their 1st batch of animations.

vashaal

Dec 28, 2018
It's not what I wrote, but whatever... In addition to Pikant and Archie, the team recruited 2 more animators recently to help on that front. It took a few weeks for them to get up to speed with the rig, skeleton, etc... but apparently they're now finishing their 1st batch of animations.
Ok, my bad, i'll try to rephrase. It seems they ignored the issue for quite a while. On the other hand hiring additional people is a confirmation for what I wrote before: the two need too much time getting the work done they're hired for.
Or maybe it's just as Abel said. They are too occupied with little details instead of making progress. Right now it feels like the devs will take another two or three years till they reached the point of v8, cause there's simply no progress to see. A picture here and there means nothing, Kuja is able to churn out art like a printer and that's the "proof of progress" the people see.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes