Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

arimouse

Mar 11, 2018
The original LOK Rebirth was such an amazing game with so much potential. The addition of the shaman, the tavern, the big titted nursery woman, Krystal slowly becoming more of a slut with her clothing and actions, the beef between the purple eyed dude and the rest of the crew, Krystal having the hots for the old guy who was married to the pot dragging woman. Damn, so many awesome plots that could easily be advanced.

That's what we want to see in a Krystal game. Krystal becoming a dirty little slut. Nothing else. It's quite simple.

Why the devs would spend most of their energy on a combat system and food system and whatnot really confuses me. Make the base game about sex and add those features later on.
One of my big fetishes is slow corruption.

I don't believe this is a thing in the new version.

My understanding is that not-Krystal is kind of a party leader, and you can go back to a camp site to communicate with your party members essentially, and gather story/progression from those. I don't believe that corruption as a long term piece is planned. You'll do chores similar to 0.8, but it's not designed that the target of the game is that you just focus on being a better bitch. You have to leave that area to go explore, see the world, defeat the Big Bad, etc etc.

It's a story-driven experience and you'll have to go be a hero to go see the story amongst the vast world.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Would you feel comfy to admit that you got fooled for months or years?^^ It's probably better for them to play the card of blissful ignorance instead of being honest to themselves. :D
And the best thing is when the acolytes of the discord come here at the moment when the development feels attacked.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

arimouse

Mar 11, 2018
I think it's safe to say that, at this moment, they're just lurking and restraining themselves from doing so.

My bet is that Vlad, sick of his pretty words and promises not being taken seriously (I wonder why), went to that "The Council" channel reserved for the elites, and declared this forum a no-go zone for all proper and faithful supporters.

It's easy to be paternalistic and "above toxic destructive gratuitous critique sources", when you still have a horde of people giving you money based on their self-imposed hopes at finally getting a Krystal game, I guess...
Aw.

Didn't know about the secret place, but I'm sure it's logical.

Though the main channel has just mostly become a meme ground and mostly slow community channel, which is probably the natural progression. Very little discussion about the game I could see, and nowhere really I could talk about any kind of direction thoughts or art thoughts with the people doing it.

Which is fine, I didn't expect people to provide customer service just because they're working on a video game.

I did get to talk with Vlad and he was kind and nice and went out of his way to discuss story elements and such, which is his area, and that was fun.

Overall the people all seem nice. I have only interacted with one of them in discord though. I wish no hostility or ill thoughts on any of them and I hope they can pull the project together.

It would certainly be cool if there was a way to discuss some of these topics that are here directly with them, but I don't feel like that Avenue really exists. Maybe it's in the super secret club for the elite... I don't know. :)

Ultimately it's a matter of artist choice and design decisions, none of which I feel are open to debate. You either like the style... or you don't. You either are ok that it is taking them a huge amount of time to make little progress... or you're not good with it.

Since I'm not spending money on the project yet, I'm not expecting to be one of the cool kids in the big leagues.

Just because I'm highly experienced in software development and can provide good advice... on a forum or discord it doesn't make me stand out any more than if I had zero experience, it's all equal footing. Sometimes you get noticed and sometimes not. It's fine. :)

I've found that learning management techniques is not something that comes easily to everybody. Sometimes you are open to learn, sometimes you feel you are already doing everything you can do to the best of your ability and everybody else can never understand what you have to deal with.

Same with artwork... I draw what I like, you draw what you like, and sometimes that is nice to both of us and sometimes not.

I wish my voice could be heard... but I also know that it probably won't be and that's fine. I'm sure even if I paid all the money in patreon, I would likely still be in the same place. I doubt even in the super secret club there are non-developers making game-changing decisions for the team. It's probably just different memes.

good luck. :)

asdf9000

Dec 2, 2019
When making a game, don't throw out the one who thinks different, for if you do that. Then you throw out the single thing that will counter the ideals in the hive mind of game development. You need to have someone to balance the direction and streamlining, otherwise it takes longer to put out the same amount of progress

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
When your game's thread gets more traffic with the old games of other people...
Sweet sweet irony if you ask me :0

I actually miss the old modded playshape versions of LoK where you could pick from humanoid girls or even furry ones like Renamon or any other sonic Character :3. pointing this out to ask out of curiosity in case its possible for you to share *or not yet* can the game be modded <3 ?

Kunt

May 6, 2018
In making a *hentai* game, that's a given. :p

And related to content dev speed, I'm quite happy with how the engine is faring. I learned a lot since the drama started, so everything is more efficient and flexible.

Let's hope enough people like the story and game concept.
what's your game's name?

Reactions: dragonsix6969
1.60 star(s) 24 Votes