Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

arimouse

Mar 11, 2018
I wouldn't bother with the Krystal thing. Even the team still making a Krystal game have sufficiently distanced themselves from the name, character, and IP in general that actually even calling the character Krystal is silly.

LoK pretty much ended with 0.8, unless somebody else wants to try it again.

This version is basically a furry rpg, with character customization and user input naming conventions. While nothing is stopping you from "making" that character, the game itself doesn't recognize it as being in that universe any. You could make a brown furry whatever and call it Chewiette and pretend you're the female Chewbacca in an unlicensed Star Wars game spin-off.

arimouse

Mar 11, 2018
The only part that is Krystal about this is the patreon using that name with a wink and a nudge because Krystal is still hugely popular in the furry community and can apparently still bring in a lot of money if you tell people you're building a game with her as the star of the show.

I imagine there may be less money for "furry rpg with snake cock blowjobs" as the moniker. :)

But I could be wrong! Still though, I do wish the team would close down the patreon and start a new one based on their new concept. It "feels" a little dishonest to be going in this direction while still milking the 0.8 teat and expectations.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
I miss cauldron))
You mean Galdryn? (the pot guy)
or the cauldron (pot) quest?

IIR Galdryn was one of the first besides the very first gate guard to do something (explicit) I think. Since Eri needed...what was it, submission? and a few other characters needed other stats. Unless you could go to the others without first upping lust or submission, But I do remember Galdryn being the first one to "help" out our little heroin.

furryfoxx3

Dec 24, 2018
Yeah well... that would have required some ethical behavior from them.

And after two years of preaching I was a greedy tyrant, and was withholding the only chance for Krystal to have a proper game, I don't see it happening. Mainly because they still believe that, and that their project won't fail regardless of that unmanageable scope.

In fact, I wonder if those CG animations they're doing are because they've realized they're going nuts trying to make sidescrolling sex, lol. But we already tried with the final Cenvir scene and people didn't like it much. I wonder if they've forgotten the bad feedback or they just don't care.

Anyway, if I was to do another LOK iteration, I wouldn't beat around the bush so much. There's one thing with giving customization options to the player, also making them name the MC, but making the rest of the story and dialogues absolutely vanilla and <insert you name here but I don't care>... nope. That doesn't work for me. That's why I say it would be a side project, because of the higher risk.

But all this is pure speculation. It doesn't matter what I could do if I don't start making money with my skills, you know.
Yeah well... that would have required some ethical behavior from them.

And after two years of preaching I was a greedy tyrant, and was withholding the only chance for Krystal to have a proper game, I don't see it happening. Mainly because they still believe that, and that their project won't fail regardless of that unmanageable scope.

In fact, I wonder if those CG animations they're doing are because they've realized they're going nuts trying to make sidescrolling sex, lol. But we already tried with the final Cenvir scene and people didn't like it much. I wonder if they've forgotten the bad feedback or they just don't care.

Anyway, if I was to do another LOK iteration, I wouldn't beat around the bush so much. There's one thing with giving customization options to the player, also making them name the MC, but making the rest of the story and dialogues absolutely vanilla and <insert you name here but I don't care>... nope. That doesn't work for me. That's why I say it would be a side project, because of the higher risk.

But all this is pure speculation. It doesn't matter what I could do if I don't start making money with my skills, you know.
if you dont mind me asking Abelius, where you the one that did the dialog, art and animations for the old game?

just curious since i knew about the game on its last years before I saw that it was abandon witch is a shame really cause it was an amazing game, the dialog and events happening with each character was just so good i actually had to like save for each start of a conversation with said characters.

I do hope and wish you the best of luck with your new game it maybe not be a krystal game that i hoped to see finish but i saw some glimpses of it and the art style is amazing.

I also do hope that maybe if possible with the success of your game you get a little bit of motivation to maybe continue the old 0.8 krystal game to its original roots cause hell you did a great job im sorry for anything that has happened because of the old team and irl stuff that i saw mentioned in the old board and this one and i do wish you the best of luck with your amazing skills, ill be around to see your works grow as they really have some good detail to them when it comes to art and especially the dialog.

anyway rambled to much take care and have a nice day or night.

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
Abelius
people didn't like it? everything suited me :) the only thing that upset me before was that everything was slow, but now I understand why 1 person did everything ... in fact.

• Angry
Reactions: Fabaz

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
Maybe its wise to make a contract when working with people that do have skills and most importantly actual interest on the project and not just a cashgrab wanna be project that anyone can go M.I.A without saying any reason because that's how most of the times it actually ends.

But yeah like once again i do hope either if you working 1 man on this project of yours or have already some colleagues that you do truth then best of luck on releasing the first glance of the game to keep the interest of people *for real this time to be finished otherwise, LOK its a cursed game that will not be completed xD*

poohead13

Mar 19, 2021
Abelius doing most of the "work" on the previous version and the game taking months between updates because he was running around Asia with Patreon Bucks to flirt with ladyboys. Everyone magically forgetting how badly he was milking the project at the end.

asdf9000

Dec 2, 2019
Abelius doing most of the "work" on the previous version and the game taking months between updates because he was running around Asia with Patreon Bucks to flirt with ladyboys. Everyone magically forgetting how badly he was milking the project at the end.
Atleast it was progress, now granted i never was watching the progress of the old game, the progress we are now getting is certainly less than satisfactory, plus why is this already a version 1.x.x? with less content than the original project

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
Seriously. It took him forever to even implement one actual sex scene in the game. When the first version was released, all there was to see was endless pot pulling and a shoddy titjob at most. Abelius spent the rest of time talking about personal things, like renting out an office to work in, alone, and getting his caseless computer past customs in the Philippines. Wish I had saved all of his patreon posts before they were deleted.

This is not to defend the new team's development, however. Everyone involved in this game, both past and present, has seriously messed up in one way or another.

TakosMilGrau

Sep 25, 2018
The only part that is Krystal about this is the patreon using that name with a wink and a nudge because Krystal is still hugely popular in the furry community and can apparently still bring in a lot of money if you tell people you're building a game with her as the star of the show.

I imagine there may be less money for "furry rpg with snake cock blowjobs" as the moniker. :)

But I could be wrong! Still though, I do wish the team would close down the patreon and start a new one based on their new concept. It "feels" a little dishonest to be going in this direction while still milking the 0.8 teat and expectations.
Nah, you're 100% correct on that. They wouldn't have a third of their current patrons if not for Krystal's name in the title.

herdgeherg

Jan 21, 2021
Hey pirate Karens and shit director Abel and arin guy (be nice to your possible employer). HeRe is a tip why dont you go to your own god damned topic and leave the dev team alone. Why the fuck are you people overglorifying a shitty tech demo with a few cock teases and humpings. Could Abel write snake merchant and scalie penises. No he forced PunJa to draw over generic and lizards with lizard dicks. The moment Vlad reboot this project was the moment I knew we are in good hands. Unlike someone who had touching ladyboys as a qualities in his resume. Our Boy Vlad have experince of working on few AAA titles in his resume. Even Kunji started to grow as artist under Vlad's and started to draw better. Overall we are happy with the project under Vlad's wings. VLAD is LOK Rebirth not you Abel. Now I shuggest yo all to go back to your basements and fap over your shihtty overglorified tech demon. You are all going to suck your words and kiss Vlad's feet when they add sex scenes with a new update. V is for Victory. V is for Vlad.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
O
Hey pirate Karens and shit director Abel and arin guy (be nice to your possible employer). HeRe is a tip why dont you go to your own god damned topic and leave the dev team alone. Why the fuck are you people overglorifying a shitty tech demo with a few cock teases and humpings. Could Abel write snake merchant and scalie penises. No he forced PunJa to draw over generic and lizards with lizard dicks. The moment Vlad reboot this project was the moment I knew we are in good hands. Unlike someone who had touching ladyboys as a qualities in his resume. Our Boy Vlad have experince of working on few AAA titles in his resume. Even Kunji started to grow as artist under Vlad's and started to draw better. Overall we are happy with the project under Vlad's wings. VLAD is LOK Rebirth not you Abel. Now I shuggest yo all to go back to your basements and fap over your shihtty overglorified tech demon. You are all going to suck your words and kiss Vlad's feet when they add sex scenes with a new update. V is for Victory. V is for Vlad.
kay-yeah, that-that's pretty salty dude. lets keep it civilized please. We can say our opinions and that is fine, Able is allowed his two cents, along with the devs. I ask that the aggression be kept low, you're only going to stir up unwanted trouble.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes