Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
MightyAltroll your first mistake was coming to these forums if you wanted to keep your sanity in check. i dont know why devs decide that they need to come here when everyone here is extremely brutally honest about how a game looks or plays. F95 has also been through this song and dance multiple times with devs intervening and trying to damage control or talk about the project, they end up just being either passive aggressive while trying to respond to literally everyone (the exact thing you are doing) or self destruct and make peoples opinions on the game AND the dev even worse (like how mr. Wolfzq did)
It's really a very toxic community and I've lost much of my patience for dealing with it. I don't mind brutal honesty, but it isn't honesty at this point.

The overall sentiment seems to be, that because he states they and he himself really wants to make this project. We should all hold our criticism or scepticism. While not having much work to show for it, for a year's worth of work... of an entire team.

To make my sentiment clear. I don't have any direct ill will towards the developer except the incompetence of the development and of the management of the project. I'd really like to see a good product. Prove us wrong through your work and in time I'll sing the praises of the game.
I don't expect people to hold criticism, or skepticism. I have never once suggested that, and you have put words into my mouth. I grow tired of the same exact complaints that I have dealt with for 200 pages of the old thread. Were you in my position, I'm sure you would have lost your patience ages ago.

Anyway, we'll see what happens with the project. I'm sure it'll turn out great, it's just going to be slower than people want, it's tough project and we have learned many lessons while making it, and I'm sure we'll learn many more.

Reactions: Cerneu and Hajtand

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
The jumping mechanics in this game are so fucking awful it makes me want to kill myself
Indeed, they need tweaks.

welp that didnt take long for a dev to call F95 toxic.
Not a word that I throw out lightly, I'm not particularly thin skinned nor do I need safe spaces. But this thread was actually the idea of several people in the old thread who immediately came here just to piss in our cornflakes and spread misinformation for people that might actually be interested in the project.

I probably said some things in that post I shouldn't have, but I just got a bit fed up. I'm human, not a PR robot, unfortunately.

Last edited:

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
It's really a very toxic community and I've lost much of my patience for dealing with it. I don't mind brutal honesty, but it isn't honesty at this point.
The thing is, how many people here are even patrons? I'm not, and a lot of others don't seem to be either. It's great that you're looking at outside criticism, but we have zero stake in your project right now. Pleasing people may draw in new patrons, but it's far more important to concentrate on pleasing the ones you already have. Don't let people that aren't invested in your project get to you so much.

Reactions: Kipppppp

manticore912

Jul 13, 2017
This is just the 3rd or 4th remake of the same game that's been trying to be made for the last decade, almost. I do hope they manage to finish this game, cause even if it isn't a great game they can learn from that and hopefully make that great game they've been trying to make for so long.

lsdvposdvmp

Jun 1, 2020
What this game needs is an STD mechanics so I can exterminate the native population of the planet with space AIDS and open up colonization of the superior blue cat people.

Reactions: eamanager
Sep 27, 2017
Why ever complete a furry game if furries will throw money at anything because they are desperate for good games?

On another side,the other one looked way better, meh.

Reactions: Flabergasts

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
The thing is, how many people here are even patrons? I'm not, and a lot of others don't seem to be either. It's great that you're looking at outside criticism, but we have zero stake in your project right now. Pleasing people may draw in new patrons, but it's far more important to concentrate on pleasing the ones you already have. Don't let people that aren't invested in your project get to you so much.
I mean, I suppose you're right, but a lot of people here are just looking for a good game. I used to browse F95zone to see what new games are being made and support the ones that looked good. I never payed attention to the complaints about them, I judged them for myself. Glad I didn't pay attention to the threads.

I'll probably just respond to questions from people here, I'm mentally drained from the old thread anyway.

This is just the 3rd or 4th remake of the same game that's been trying to be made for the last decade, almost. I do hope they manage to finish this game, cause even if it isn't a great game they can learn from that and hopefully make that great game they've been trying to make for so long.
Well, I think we'll probably be able to finish it. We are learning as we go in some regards.

Why ever complete a furry game if furries will throw money at anything because they are desperate for good games?

On another side,the other one looked way better, meh.
Restarting wasn't on our agenda of things to do, and we didn't benefit from the restart. At all.

We restarted because we wanted to make a better game, (and for internal drama that I will spare you). The older version of LoK:R looked better because it had more time to be complete, was more polished. This one will eventually reach that point, and eventually will exceed it.

Reactions: Cerneu

NeoStarr

Jul 2, 2017
How many of these games are there now? There are so many remakes and reprises. And is this one any good?

Doragor

Sep 9, 2018
I just don't understand why the need for a complex game design when people just want a fucking treat to fap to.

The main artist could just do some sort of novel style game and just put dialogue choices and CGs, maybe some animations too.
It's been what? 4 years? and all this project made possible was a sloppy vaginal scene and A SHIT LOAD of foreplay.

Pardon me if I sound offensive, negative and cross but this design philosophy is incredibly counter productive and takes away from what everyone came here for, the smut.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
From OP
"This game is a remake from the developer team of the first series LoK: Rebirth and still under development. "

Is this some kind of curse????

manticore912

Jul 13, 2017
Well @ MightyAltroll, I hope you succeed this time. I gave the demo a play and I'm liking what I've seen so far. Sure it's barebones as of now but just one quick question for now. Do you plan on the characters remaining as 2D sprites, similar to papercraft characters, or will you go to a more 2.5D or even 3D model in the future?

Reactions: MightyAltroll

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
People seeing ver. 0.0.0.... people also complaining about art, controls and content... cmon guys use at least 1 brain cell.

Anywho, I for one am happy for this to be getting some kind of love instead of being in abandonment hell. Good luck homie.
... a demo that has been in the works for around a year. Plus all the things they could scrap from the previous itterations, whether it be knowledge or old code.

moohoo

May 13, 2018
Those plantigrade feet of Krystal alone make me super angry...

No matter how i look at the game now it's a clear downgrade and if the rumors are true they go full Lord Korea whenever they have the chance and get angry with people who mention it. :D
she's got plantigrade feet in the video games though

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes