Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

kuja027

Sep 1, 2019
Perhaps - your team should have explained this situation 2 years ago, so that in the end - everything did not come to the banal throwing insults at each other ( and this explanation could have been made much more delicate, and would be present somewhere on your site, because, even after 2 years - not a small part of users still do not fully understand - why you decided to restart your game )

And of course, if everyone wants to be honest, many people would need to reconsider the assessments given to your game here. Although the project is rather crude, it clearly deserves more than 1 star.
I'm sorry if I sounded indelicate or insulting but the thing is, this situation has been explained over and over to users in our discord server many different times in many different situations and also during the start of the remake on Patreon (but with much less depth ofc) so it was assumed it was common knowledge. I never intended to get this detailed with everything but I'm sick of this topic coming back from Abel and the immense amount of misinformation (one of the reasons I don't frequent f95 that much) it comes with it. I got driven by emotion and that's my fault.

May 31, 2018
I'm sorry if I sounded indelicate or insulting but the thing is, this situation has been explained over and over to users in our discord server many different times in many different situations and also during the start of the remake on Patreon (but with much less depth ofc) so it was assumed it was common knowledge. I never intended to get this detailed with everything but I'm sick of this topic coming back from Abel and the immense amount of misinformation (one of the reasons I don't frequent f95 that much) it comes with it. I got driven by emotion and that's my fault.
Well, then I talked about insults, I was thinking more about the message from Abelius , and a response on it from MightyAltroll .

Yes, I understand that these are emotions, but you used to be a team, and you were clearly connected by something. So it’s unlikely that everything was just that bad between you.

And you may have really discussed the reason for restarting the game in Discord many times, however, a question from users about these reasons often reappears on the pages of this forum.

So maybe - some kind of link on post with all information about restart reason (in more polite, delicate tone) - could save you a little time, so as not to discuss everything again and again :)

vashaal

Dec 28, 2018
Well, it‘s not like any of us will see who's right cause both sides accuse each other.

Truth is, Abel is right in one point – it's been nearly two years. And each time there was an update scheduled it‘s been delayed for many reasons like setbacks and errors, those happen, hell, even the change from 3D back to 2D took time, i get it. So you should scrap the idea of giving a roadmap or an expected release date – you weren‘t able to deliver on time since i‘m following your progress (right about discovering 0.8 and the announcement of remaking it).

IIRC that was in August 2019, maybe September with a demo scheduled for the end of the year / beginning of 2020. I don‘t remember if it was in April or May when your unfinished demo released which was completed in July. Next was the milestone for October, but the update came February 2021. At last, in the Devlog March 1 2021 a release in the beginning of May could be reasonable. Looking at the calendar i'd say nope. And there wasn‘t any explanation concerning the update - had to grin cause i can clearly hear „check the discord“.

Thing is, i can't come to terms with the discord cause it‘s nearly impossible to find information regarding releases except "public updates" and the search function isn't as good as it at least should be (personal preference here)

Above is the first reason i'm not a patron. Second, there's far too less public updates / information besides the irregular public updates and the sparse weekly updates. And i understand clearly well that your favor lies with the patrons cause these are the people paying you. And i won't condemn that thinking cause it's absolutely right.

So here's my suggestion: why not giving non-patrons similar updates? Of course, with a delay of let's say two or three months so people considering becoming a patron get some eye-candy and convincing to increase your funding.

Long story short, the lack of visual updates is what's keeping me off supporting you cause i can't see any real progress and only words aren't enough.

That's enough negativity for this post.

I really want to see Kujas art coming to life in this game, as well as Vlads writing shaping the game you're creating. So keep up your work.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Well, it‘s not like any of us will see who's right cause both sides accuse each other.

Truth is, Abel is right in one point – it's been nearly two years. And each time there was an update scheduled it‘s been delayed for many reasons like setbacks and errors, those happen, hell, even the change from 3D back to 2D took time, i get it. So you should scrap the idea of giving a roadmap or an expected release date – you weren‘t able to deliver on time since i‘m following your progress (right about discovering 0.8 and the announcement of remaking it).

IIRC that was in August 2019, maybe September with a demo scheduled for the end of the year / beginning of 2020. I don‘t remember if it was in April or May when your unfinished demo released which was completed in July. Next was the milestone for October, but the update came February 2021. At last, in the Devlog March 1 2021 a release in the beginning of May could be reasonable. Looking at the calendar i'd say nope. And there wasn‘t any explanation concerning the update - had to grin cause i can clearly hear „check the discord“.

Thing is, i can't come to terms with the discord cause it‘s nearly impossible to find information regarding releases except "public updates" and the search function isn't as good as it at least should be (personal preference here)

Above is the first reason i'm not a patron. Second, there's far too less public updates / information besides the irregular public updates and the sparse weekly updates. And i understand clearly well that your favor lies with the patrons cause these are the people paying you. And i won't condemn that thinking cause it's absolutely right.

So here's my suggestion: why not giving non-patrons similar updates? Of course, with a delay of let's say two or three months so people considering becoming a patron get some eye-candy and convincing to increase your funding.

Long story short, the lack of visual updates is what's keeping me off supporting you cause i can't see any real progress and only words aren't enough.

That's enough negativity for this post.

I really want to see Kujas art coming to life in this game, as well as Vlads writing shaping the game you're creating. So keep up your work.

I can see your point about the public updates. We do make some of the patreon posts publicly viewable. We also post public teasers all the time in the discord.

As for release dates, we've only ever given release dates twice. Both times were against my better judgement, but the team was confident we could fit in the schedule. I know now how much random nonsense can affect a release date, and it is extremely annoying to promise on a specific date, and then something happens IRL to me, or someone on the team, or it just takes **slightly longer** than expected, and we miss the date. I find it is better to say "When it is done" than give any actual release date.

Like right now, we are in a very unexpected bottle neck with animations, so if I had promised a release date that coincides with artwork completion and when we **thought** animations would be done, we'd be insanely behind schedule and people would be angry with us.

I can't see the future, but I can tell people what is happening with honesty as it happens. That is why discord is probably your best bet to stay informed, because you can just DM me, or @ me in the lokr channels and ask me questions.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Vlad, you're getting it wrong. You're not the one that fucked me over two times. It was Kuja.

And that's the reason because I came here again. Because in all this time I've never told people the kind of superlative ego he has. High enough so he wanted to take his assets with him, in case he decided to leave for whatever reason he found.

But you already know that. You even admitted to me "yeah, he can ask whatever he wants from you". So I didn't have another option than to cut ties last February and start over again with another artist that didn't treat me like a desperate ex-girlfriend. So yeah, thank you so much Kuja for your "help".

You REMOVED me the first time, and you put me in an impossible situation the second, so I hadn't any other option than to leave.

Now I dare you to deny this because if you have the nerve to do so I'll publish here the conversations, I swear. Though I wonder if your diva pride would let you even care...

And you guys call me names, and among them 'crazy control bitch'. Yeah? Okay. Now ask yourself... is that democracy of yours, that happy technical playground you're financing with people's patience and goodwill, giving tangible results in the form of a game?

Because, I insist, if you were SO sure of yourself that I'd never finish my project, how it is that I made eight versions with just me, Kuja and your non-full-time help, while you're... what five, six main devs, and an army of collabs...? And still didn't produce a thing that makes people want to immerse in?

Let's stop for a moment... Do you actually know what constitutes a game? It's the mix what counts. What you do with the ingredients, just like cooking. People don't give a damn if you throw at them hundreds of technically impressive assets, if they can't believe they're inside an interactive experience.

I'm a control bitch because I knew perfectly well Kuja wasn't up to the task of managing anything other than his art. It's the only thing he cares. He didn't care about money, yes, and he demonstrated that perfectly in getting rid of me after I left my nice job in IT, because I knew I needed to give my all to the project. Now I only wish he has kids someday and feels what I felt that day he stabbed me on the back, because "he wasn't happy about progress". And now he is?

Short story: you don't have a project manager, nor a game designer. You lost them in an amateur quality when you removed me. Because an actual game designer of any skill would cry blood at any suggestion of that crazy scope you're trying to pull off as the disorganized free-for-all party goers you are. Because a serious project manager would laugh at the suggestion of telling patrons "don't worry, this will happen eventually because we'll never stop".

Really, that's the most hysterically funny of all this: that you told people my project would never be done, and you're still like this with twice or thrice the devs. Tell me a thing... When you estimated you'd have the SAME content I did in two years, just after three months of taking over... you actually believed that, don't you? "Hmm... we're a lot more people, so we can do much more in less time, and even better than that loser, yes, yes..."

And Vlad, that "huge" money (a 50% until nine months prior to the backstabbing, then it was 60%) of the income you say I've spent on "vacations", has lasted me until now. 40K for two years in Spain and a family of four. Maybe I should publish my expenditure spreadsheet, so you could see how the line has been gradually descending? So you could approve, uh?

So don't you dare to tell me I'm greedy, because I saw my cat dying in my hands last year, because I couldn't afford the damn treatment.

Man, you two are so immature that your attempts at picturing yourselves as level-headed individuals here are laughable. I didn't want to spend more time with this, but seeing Kuja stepping down from his pedestal and have the nerve to declare that I left on my own...? LOL. Just LOL.
First things first: i really liked the original version and likewise i don't think that there are any players here who didn't. It is also obvious that you put a lot of work into it. You prioritized delivering results and updates and god knows a lot of devs featured on this forum could learn that lesson from you.

You also called yourself the project manager here and by all the posts i've seen, you were effectively that. That is indeed a role i think a lot of the dev teams are missing, because it's importance is not obvious at an indie project's start.

But while it is definitely imprtant for a project manager to oversee deliveries and to reach the set milestones, it's also his job to keep the team together, regardless of the circumstances. And this last part is key, because there are always circumstances and from the moment you call yourself a project manager it is your responsibility to handle them. That seems to be the lesson you are missing.

If negotiating between the wills of the team members is too much extra over your already packed work, then delegate it or some other jobs to someone else. If there is nobody you trust to do it, then find one. It doesn't matter if someone else was the origin of an issue, if you assume the role of the project manager, then you also shoulder the responsibility.

By the evidence here, you delivered results, but in the process got your team burn down for it. This is a lesson even AAA compainies are yet to fully understand, so i'm writing now in the hopes that you, the current team and anyone else who bothers to read this will take a moment and consider it in this storm.

kuja027

Sep 1, 2019
Vlad, you're getting it wrong. You're not the one that fucked me over two times. It was Kuja.

And that's the reason because I came here again. Because in all this time I've never told people the kind of superlative ego he has. High enough so he wanted to take his assets with him, in case he decided to leave for whatever reason he found.

But you already know that. You even admitted to me "yeah, he can ask whatever he wants from you". So I didn't have another option than to cut ties last February and start over again with another artist that didn't treat me like a desperate ex-girlfriend. So yeah, thank you so much Kuja for your "help".

You REMOVED me the first time, and you put me in an impossible situation the second, so I hadn't any other option than to leave.

Now I dare you to deny this because if you have the nerve to do so I'll publish here the conversations, I swear. Though I wonder if your diva pride would let you even care...

And you guys call me names, and among them 'crazy control bitch'. Yeah? Okay. Now ask yourself... is that democracy of yours, that happy technical playground you're financing with people's patience and goodwill, giving tangible results in the form of a game?

Because, I insist, if you were SO sure of yourself that I'd never finish my project, how it is that I made eight versions with just me, Kuja and your non-full-time help, while you're... what five, six main devs, and an army of collabs...? And still didn't produce a thing that makes people want to immerse in?

Let's stop for a moment... Do you actually know what constitutes a game? It's the mix what counts. What you do with the ingredients, just like cooking. People don't give a damn if you throw at them hundreds of technically impressive assets, if they can't believe they're inside an interactive experience.

I'm a control bitch because I knew perfectly well Kuja wasn't up to the task of managing anything other than his art. It's the only thing he cares. He didn't care about money, yes, and he demonstrated that perfectly in getting rid of me after I left my nice job in IT, because I knew I needed to give my all to the project. Now I only wish he has kids someday and feels what I felt that day he stabbed me on the back, because "he wasn't happy about progress". And now he is?

Short story: you don't have a project manager, nor a game designer. You lost them in an amateur quality when you removed me. Because an actual game designer of any skill would cry blood at any suggestion of that crazy scope you're trying to pull off as the disorganized free-for-all party goers you are. Because a serious project manager would laugh at the suggestion of telling patrons "don't worry, this will happen eventually because we'll never stop".

Really, that's the most hysterically funny of all this: that you told people my project would never be done, and you're still like this with twice or thrice the devs. Tell me a thing... When you estimated you'd have the SAME content I did in two years, just after three months of taking over... you actually believed that, don't you? "Hmm... we're a lot more people, so we can do much more in less time, and even better than that loser, yes, yes..."

And Vlad, that "huge" money (a 50% until nine months prior to the backstabbing, then it was 60%) of the income you say I've spent on "vacations", has lasted me until now. 40K for two years in Spain and a family of four. Maybe I should publish my expenditure spreadsheet, so you could see how the line has been gradually descending? So you could approve, uh?

So don't you dare to tell me I'm greedy, because I saw my cat dying in my hands last year, because I couldn't afford the damn treatment.

Man, you two are so immature that your attempts at picturing yourselves as level-headed individuals here are laughable. I didn't want to spend more time with this, but seeing Kuja stepping down from his pedestal and have the nerve to declare that I left on my own...? LOL. Just LOL.
This can go on forever just as some folks have stated. I could answer every single topic confronting what you just said but I'm tired of you. The entire team is. For the last time, leave us alone. We are tired of your lies.

• Haha
Reactions: Nixxx

Schmuley Goldstein

Apr 12, 2018
The devs spend more time arguing on F95 than making their game
Bro, take 5 seconds to look at their Patreon. Building a game up from scratch isn't some easy 1 - 2 punch n done kinda deal. They're juggling game development with PR by themselves and post updates on their work almost every other week; and yet you're acting like they're some shitty Yandere-dev wannabes. I don't like waiting either, trust me on that lol, but making false claims won't speed up the development.

Besides, what would you have them do in this situation? If they do nothing then drama, rumors, etc. will be the only thing people who read this thread will see. If that's the only thing they see, they'll probably just take it as fact. If they don't go out of their way to dispel rumors, conspiracies, and sometimes even outright lies that people have spread on this forum, then what would potential supporters think? They're gonna fuck right off and with that a potential source of funding is just... gone. Even if you ignore the monetary side of things, nobody likes being misrepresented or lied about- that's just human nature.

These devs are far from perfect, but they've proven that they're willing to listen to criticism and apply it to make a more enjoyable game. At least in my opinion, that gesture alone is a damn good sign.

Zatch243

Oct 9, 2020
I have a question for Mightyaltroll how long would you say with how long progress on work on the game is going how long do you think it may take till the new game is at lets say a length of playability of the old game this one seeks to replace?

Reactions: Furytales

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
I have a question for Mightyaltroll how long would you say with how long progress on work on the game is going how long do you think it may take till the new game is at lets say a length of playability of the old game this one seeks to replace?

A very difficult question to answer, but if it helps put into perspective where we are: The village assets are almost entirely done, we're mostly just waiting on animations.

napala

Jun 12, 2017
I'll reply with the same economy of words.

Call me a liar all you want, but you know what you did.

The only reason I don't publish your own words for everyone to see you don't even own your decisions, is that I'm even more tired than you are.

Good luck with that "legacy" you wanted to leave.
screw these morals disguised as tiredness. If these guys aren't going to entertain us with a working demo with gameplay and h-content, at least be the hero here and entertain us with these conversations and all that =D

TakosMilGrau

Sep 25, 2018
I have to say, I'm kinda curious about all this drama thing, but that's probably because I just like to be nosy.
If abelius did that much work, why doesn't he made his own game with all of that ?
What was the issue that began all that drama ?
He actually did, not Krystal related, but there was a project. He abandoned it, tho, since he wasn't receiving enough support. The guy has two kids to take care, he needs to find a job that pays him good.

Also, it's funny to see Altroll pissed because people are complaining. I mean, up to v0.8 of the old version, I didn't see people complaining at all, aside from mentioning how the pot washing quest dragged out.
You make a good project that people like, then you reboot it for "reasons", changes nearly all of what the previous iteration was and what people liked about it, and two years later the best you have to show is a pre-alpha/tech demo, it's obvious that people will complain. People still complain that Metallica switched from Thrash Metal to weird bizarro rock, and this happened 30 years ago. I know you two must really be tired of all the drama, I mean, I myself am tired of it and I'm just a bystander. But it's a good reminder that actions have consequences. If people like something, and you take it from them without a reasonable reason, then replace it with something they deem inferior, it's completely normal to expect backlash, even more when you do this in the internet, and if it has furry booty.
Plus, I don't really know why you keep comming back here to reply to all those complains, you could just do the good ol' "log out, close the tab" and come back here after things are better with the game. Would spare you of growing some gray hair.

Last edited:

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Finally someone who has clearly summed up the shameful situation of this game after two years. But don't worry, they will always will try to refute the reality of your comments are "personal requests" and they will point out their favourite phrase: "they work hard".
They'll call you all sorts of names on their Discord and then flock here when they consider your comment an attack.

Last edited:
Reactions: D4n0w4r

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
In case the jannies go on another removal spree, I've uploaded the recent testimony posts into an imgur album. I also threw in Gizmo's side from last year to contrast things further.

Run_w_Outfit-1.gif

The ride never ends.

Reactions: chopolander

lonelywolfy

Nov 16, 2017
He actually did, not Krystal related, but there was a project. He abandoned it, tho, since he wasn't receiving enough support. The guy has two kids to take care, he needs to find a job that pays him good.
Family is an excuse to slow down a project, not abandonned it. If passion is behind, people usually find way to make their art.

Reactions: MyLittleTrolly
1.60 star(s) 24 Votes