CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
Alright, after 6 hours rip and tear to my pleasure, here's my first hand experience with this combat update:

-*fixed, Holding skill cancel: from skill keys to menu or trigger key.

This actually make it harder to cancel skill with default keyboard setup. Normally, skill that require cancelling are always S or D buttons, whenever you want to cancel them, you can always easily press A button right next to them to cancel the skill (All PC gamers are used to AWSD). But now that the buttons to cancel skills are Z and X, it's very hard to cancel skill without releasing it by accident.

-*fixed, Goblin melee ai: a bit less dodge and direction fix b4 they attack.

Goblins are good fighters now, they attack more often and their pattern are refined, they evade then lunge in to attack you like a pro boxer counter jabbing. Spear Goblins are a pain in the ass thank to this update : strife left --> strife right --> take a step back --> thrust hard for double range/damage.
Well, I feel bad for the rookies now, they're gonna fear the gobs even more.

-*fixed, now u can use skill while holding ALT or CTRL key.

It's very fluid and intuitive, a little bit hard to get used to, but you'll learn to love it. Pressing Alt also stop your running, you can make a mad dash at an opponent and 90 degree slash him right afterward. Or if you so will it, sprint away from opponent --> ALT + Up/down 360 no scope the mofo. There's more...

-*added, Direction input Delay: 3 frame.(Core TEST)

No idea why Eccma implemented this, but I can fathom why, It makes Lona movement feel heavy and impactful, if not sluggish. it adds a slight degree of difficulty if you're not used to it.

-*added, When successed skill launch, will record another skill by holding skill key, and launch recorded skill after current skill finished(test)

Yorokobe, shounen !
Ahem, rejoice everyone, the mad lad did it, with this, combos, follow up, attack while guarding, heavy attack after dodging... and more are possible now. Of all the addiction, I love this one the most.
Thank you for this review Yukihirou! I wasn't even sure what all those fixes meant and since I have so little time playing nowdays and plus my old save died and I started a new one I couldn't test most of these.

The last one seems cool. I was always a halberd user where dodging is not possible. With this I will probably become a sword and shield maiden. I can't remember if the steal spear by bubba allows dodging. I have a faint memory it did. But that will also be discovered in the future when I progress.

Reactions: TheGodEmpress

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Thank you for this review Yukihirou! I wasn't even sure what all those fixes meant and since I have so little time playing nowdays and plus my old save died and I started a new one I couldn't test most of these.

The last one seems cool. I was always a halberd user where dodging is not possible. With this I will probably become a sword and shield maiden. I can't remember if the steal spear by bubba allows dodging. I have a faint memory it did. But that will also be discovered in the future when I progress.
Thank to that last addiction, your skills won't be delayed by about 2-3 frames, and that's a very good improvement for light and fast weapons. Even a slow weapon like saber can still benefit from it if time it with dodge or shield bash.

Exp: shield combo + saber:
Block (D hold) ---> Shield bash when given the chance (S hold + D hold --> S hold + A hold) ---> Opponent knocked back and get into range again, Saber slash right before opponent can get into range and attack (S hold + A hold ---> A hold + D hold/ S hold). From this point on, either you rinse and repeat or you range lock the bastard with shield bash + saber slash.

Any fast weapon + dagger: Simple, A hold + S hold + A hold + S hold + A hold + S hold... etc...
watch they suffer as you Muda Muda Muda them to death.

The purpose of said combos is to deny the opponent attack opportunities while inflicting damage and wounds. Of course, this is bar the course for 1 vs 1 purpose.
For anything else, “The imagination is a weapon. Those who don't use it die first.” ― Kumo Kagyu, Goblin Slayer

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: CaiNanE and elmekia

Vuongs

Aug 24, 2017
How to turn Lona into true deepone? I already resurrect her so she has blue eye and body odor status but speaking with sea witch does nothing, is there any prerequisite i am missing?

jessiespill

Jun 4, 2017
Im just lost when it comes to deep one stuff. i try to talk to the witch with the odor but she never shows up (update) WHY ISNT SHE SHOWING UP i did what the comments above said and i have the deep one eyes and odor(update) wrong temple......\

Last edited:

max542

May 15, 2019
I try to use skill of saint relic item but is look like is not working at all. Is this a bug?

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
have any guide at fish island?
the first quest was to find 3 slave and the end was bad....have a way to avoid?
Yeah, I never liked that one. my Lona usually frees slaves. Not go and report them to be slaughtered. So, I ended up not doing that quest and the following sea witch stuff I have never seen.

Reactions: darkjoker13

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
New version, 0.5.10, adds the shore map.
Screen caps or nothing
There is indeed a 0.5.1.0 (not 0.5.10 as previously stated) and also a patch 0.5.1.0.1.
I'll post them here in one week's time. Don't break my agreement with Eccma, please.
You could also go and buy them yourself; he has a DLSite page now, too.

elmekia, you could check it out yourself. The pictures themselves are public posts.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This build is just for the JPN branch test, no change if you're playing the International (Non-JPN) version
Eccma said:
LonaRPG.Beta.0.5.1.0 ---JPN branch test, no change if u r in international branch---

CaiNanE, I'm not sure if happens with vanilla, but I'm going to try with the new build.
Disregard, no bug present.

EDIT: 5.1.0.1 seems to be a full rebuild, just for the Beach exit trigger. In the interest of not posting two near-identical versions, I'll post 0.5.1.0.1 on the 17th.

But for now, here's 0.5.0.2.

Last edited:

Ubtsha

Jun 15, 2017
Hello, I just started playing the game and I got some questions...
Is the "world danger" mechanic too punitive? Can I mod it to lessen the pressure?
And to confirm: Whenever I get "money" inside a map instance I need to barter and trade it for coins or items right? If I can't the "money" is lost?

Apr 9, 2020
Hello, I just started playing the game and I got some questions...
Is the "world danger" mechanic too punitive? Can I mod it to lessen the pressure?
And to confirm: Whenever I get "money" inside a map instance I need to barter and trade it for coins or items right? If I can't the "money" is lost?
for the word danger : it takes time for the difficulty to ramp up so it should be fine you could bear a child and reincarnate , it does take time but it also resets the world difficulty back to zero
as for the money: yes you need to exchange it for gold or items so as not to lose it
the best place to do this is the bank because the coins value is better hope this helped you

Reactions: Ubtsha
4.10 star(s) 181 Votes