Tartapol

Aug 21, 2019
That means it's getting applied twice.
If you are running it through console, then don't. Check that you don't have previous version files (V6 was in /data/scripts/editables/ V7 is in /ModScripts/) and that you don't have 9999_SpriteDisposedCheck.rb and 9999_NoSpriteWaveFlashAnimations.rb at same time (they're same file, but in V7 I renamed it to what it actually does).
Can i run v7 opt on 0.4.2.4 game ver. or do i need the 0.4.3.0 ? (i use the 0.4.2.4 game ver.)
I checked and there wasnt 9999_SpriteDisposedCheck.rb and 9999_NoSpriteWaveFlashAnimations.rb at the same time

Teravisor

Jan 23, 2020
Can i run v7 opt on 0.4.2.4 game ver. or do i need the 0.4.3.0 ? (i use the 0.4.2.4 game ver.)
I checked and there wasnt 9999_SpriteDisposedCheck.rb and 9999_NoSpriteWaveFlashAnimations.rb at the same time
You can, it's just mod files in 0.4.3.0 should be placed into /ModScripts/
while in 0.4.2.4 and earlier are placed in /Data/Scripts/Editables/ and game must be decrypted (OP game 0.4.2.4 is decrypted iirc)
You can try finding all 9999_*.rb files, maybe you have duplicates. Also if you downloaded V6 make sure optimize.rb is either in game folder or just delete it, just make sure it's not run.
You can also try clean install and copy optimization strictly once.
Another way is to run game using console.bat in game folder and when it shows error instead of clicking "OK" go to console and find which files it loads twice and move them in a way where it loads them only once.

Problem is, somehow game loads those scripts twice which creates infinite loop on some overrides.
E.g. it renames "update" method into "old_update" method and creates new "update" that calls "old_update", but then if it's run again it renames new "update" to "old_update" so we get "old_update" that calls "old_update" infinitely. When too many methods are called one inside another, stack dedicated to method calls overflows and it throws stack error. So optimization files need to be loaded strictly once... Maybe I should make a check for it.

If i remove the rgss3a(actually data and graphics) file the game dont start, i think that is related to the "ItemConfigs.rvdata2", but whenever i change something there the games just give me a error message, even if manually restore it to it original ver.
Ah, I completely forgot about it. Make a simple something.rb file in /ModScripts/ (or /Data/Scripts/Editables/ if you have 0.4.2.4 or earlier) with single line FileGetter::COMPRESSED = false
EDIT: now that I think about it, there might be some problems with it running too late... Well, if it doesn't work, sure way is to open game in rpgmaker, enter scripts and find FileGetterOptions script and change COMPRESSED = false

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: CaiNanE and jaruh

jaruh

May 1, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Cheers! it works now, i can clean myself fully with a piece of bread :PogChamp:
also, is there any reason for the game to run slower after do that? maybe is not related, but i feel it slower

Last edited:

Tartapol

Aug 21, 2019
I wanted to share tips to be able to write quotes because i couldnt
First you need to put the keyboard language to chinese
Then you need to open the visual keyboard (I don t know if you have it on pc but i have it on my laptop)
And if you want to write this _ click on shift and the button next to 0 (It will write this if you use it in notepad — If you write in game it will be this _ so its okay)
(sorry for my bad english)

Tartapol

Aug 21, 2019
You can, it's just mod files in 0.4.3.0 should be placed into /ModScripts/
while in 0.4.2.4 and earlier are placed in /Data/Scripts/Editables/ and game must be decrypted (OP game 0.4.2.4 is decrypted iirc)
You can try finding all 9999_*.rb files, maybe you have duplicates. Also if you downloaded V6 make sure optimize.rb is either in game folder or just delete it, just make sure it's not run.
You can also try clean install and copy optimization strictly once.
Another way is to run game using console.bat in game folder and when it shows error instead of clicking "OK" go to console and find which files it loads twice and move them in a way where it loads them only once.

Problem is, somehow game loads those scripts twice which creates infinite loop on some overrides.
E.g. it renames "update" method into "old_update" method and creates new "update" that calls "old_update", but then if it's run again it renames new "update" to "old_update" so we get "old_update" that calls "old_update" infinitely. When too many methods are called one inside another, stack dedicated to method calls overflows and it throws stack error. So optimization files need to be loaded strictly once... Maybe I should make a check for it.

Ah, I completely forgot about it. Make a simple something.rb file in /ModScripts/ (or /Data/Scripts/Editables/ if you have 0.4.2.4 or earlier) with single line FileGetter::COMPRESSED = false
EDIT: now that I think about it, there might be some problems with it running too late... Well, if it doesn't work, sure way is to open game in rpgmaker, enter scripts and find FileGetterOptions script and change COMPRESSED = false
Thx ! I will try this later

Apr 9, 2020
There's a much easier way that you can do without even opening the game once.
Open the .ini file in any text editor and change this line from Language=CHT to Language=ENG.
Done and dusted in three seconds flat.
i think you q
Cheers! it works now, i can clean myself fully with a piece of bread :PogChamp:
also, is there any reason for the game to run slower after do that? maybe is not related, but i feel it slower
yah kinda noticed that you where close a wahile ago and i saw that you became one only a few minuts before you posted this i was just hasitant to say becuse i tghot you would'nt care but since you brouht it up cheers friend i am really happy for you hope to see you on this thread for a long time also i'll be posting a fanart shortliy

• Red Heart
Reactions: jaruh

Teravisor

Jan 23, 2020
I did not notice much difference in FPS between 4.2.4 uncompressed and 4.3.0 compressed.
It should only affect loading speed: HDDs load faster from single compressed file than from a lot of small ones.

P.S. Added label to adult warning screen to show that optimization is running. And a check that hopefully will prevent optimization launching two times. Unfortunately, it might not catch cases with old versions depending on loading order.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Yukihirou and jaruh
Apr 9, 2020
fanart!
random advanterers start fighting in the inn)
cocona: sir cocona has to tell you to stop making a rekus or big mama will be mad
random advanterers:shut the fuck u-
bossmama emerges bihind cocona
dont mess in the inn those two can take on evryone by them selvs
cocona can literly sumon never ending waves of undead
and i get that bossmama is a vateren advanterer but holy shit is she strong she does a shit ton of damege has as much health as an ork AND can use her hock to grab you no mater what you do aginst her you're fuckd
if these two start fighting in the inn evryone dead
hope you like it IMG_20200905_230516.jpg

chien180

Feb 4, 2020
im really bad at english, but i still can feel so much love for lona in this thread
Ps: how to call bot update this thread?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jaruh

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Hey, a few questions:
Anyone has got a useful general tip that wasn't listed on ZedTed guide from may 9 this year?
That guide mentions the magic weapons Filth Staff and an Abomination Totem, what's up with those?
How long do pregnancies last for? Does Lona ever stop vomiting while pregnant?
I upgraded from v0.4.2.0 to v0.4.3.0 and now it shows "Version Outdated" on saves belonging to playthroughs I started on the older version, even after overwriting saves using the new version. It seems to be working fine and that's not bothering me too much, but is it gonna be a problem eventually? Should I always start fresh after an update?

Last edited:

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Sorry I didn't comment recently, ran outta reaction points.
That guide mentions the magic weapons Filth Staff and an Abomination Totem, what's up with those?
Filth Staff you fire like Fire staff, create puddle that deal DOT damage, not sure but magic ain't worth it right now. Abomination Totem creates puddles that deal DOT damage and tentacles on the ground. Info may be outdated as I read from another source, not from my gameplay experience.
How long do pregnancies last for? Does Lona ever stop vomiting while pregnant?
80 days. The last 2 weeks only kicking, no more vomit. Again, not my experience. Seedbed status (can stack) can lower the duration of pregnancy.
I upgraded from v0.4.2.0 to v0.4.3.0 and now it shows "Version Outdated" on saves belonging to playthroughs I started on the older version, even after overwriting saves using the new version. It seems to be working fine and that's not bothering me too much, but is it gonna be a problem eventually? Should I always start fresh after an update?
No problems, don't worry.

Apr 9, 2020
80 days. The last 2 weeks only kicking, no more vomit. Again, not my experience. Seedbed status (can stack) can lower the duration of pregnancy
wait is it not depandent on the race becuse i remamber in a post it said goblins 40 days fishkind 70 days abominations 100
keep in mind i don't have the greatest memory so the days are porobobly way off but diffrent races have diffent pragnancy durations right?

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
wait is it not depandent on the race becuse i remamber in a post it said goblins 40 days fishkind 70 days abominations 100
keep in mind i don't have the greatest memory so the days are porobobly way off but diffrent races have diffent pragnancy durations right?
I'll read up more about this, wait for my report

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes