CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018

The problem is, all this error log says:
"Some event tried to called nil.delete(something)".
What event? Where it tried to delete from that it was nil? What it tried to delete? I have no idea, there are over 100 events on bottom of error log and it could've been any of them... Or none of them if event already deleted itself right before calling it.
Not enough data to understand what is wrong and no save/steps to replicate.
Could try to not run deleted events at all, but not sure what'll break from that, so will discuss with eccma.

P.S. starting from 0.4.3.4 game doesn't crash if it sees missing translation text, instead it writes path it couldn't find, for example the huge garbled strings in one of screenshots above. But that string seems to be missing from base game translation files so I think it's being looked into. Possibly, in some cases, it didn't crash, but showed nothing which is invisible error by itself.
Yeah, it is strange. Yesterday I could reproduce it. All I needed to do was shooting fire bombs until I ran out of STA then it happened. Today I can't for the life of me reproduce it. I guess restarting the game made it more stable some how.

Great thing about missing text not crashing game. Thanks for all your and eccmas hard work. Let him know he's missed in here.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
If it's pre-built RPGMaker's rvdata2, then you can edit them using RPGMaker.
If it's not, then it's built from .json files in different folders, code for building it can be seen in FileGetter.
It loads them one time on game start (see 5_DataManager.rb) so it shouldn't affect performance during game.
To get to script that does saving/loading them is open RPGMaker, open Scripts and check FileGetter script that is inside Scripts.rvdata2, or check its unused copy /Data/Scripts/Frames/FileGetter/FileGetter.rb.
If you open RPGMaker scripts, there is FileGetterOption script, to rebuild rvdata2 iirc set compressed to false, writing_list to true.
If it's set to compressed=false then it won't load from built rvdata2 at all, it'll load everything from .json files.
If compressed=true then it loads only from rvdata2 everything except scripts (.rb files).
Could you please share a copy of that "Scripts.rvdata2" with compressed=false and everything else vanilla? I don't have the RPGMaker editor just some old RTPs.

ghet01231

Feb 12, 2018
I feel like I've seen this game style before. I don't know where to find it though so eh. I recalled it having to do with a dark elf, orcs, and escaping prison.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I feel like I've seen this game style before. I don't know where to find it though so eh. I recalled it having to do with a dark elf, orcs, and escaping prison.
Well, the forerunner to this game I believe was Feira RPG or something along those lines.

ghet01231

Feb 12, 2018
I could have sworn it was a real thing.
Also "forerunner" may have been the wrong word. Feira Quest is more of a prototype to LonaRPG than a forerunner.
It's real it was just called Feira Quest, it's just hard to search up considering that Feira is a word in another language

teffan69

Nov 8, 2018
Lot of potential on this game but are there other possibilitys for the controls? Like a mouse control ect?

Teravisor

Jan 23, 2020
Could you please share a copy of that "Scripts.rvdata2" with compressed=false and everything else vanilla? I don't have the RPGMaker editor just some old RTPs.
It's default RPGMaker file, simply copy .rvproj2 file from any rpgmaker vxa project into decrypted game folder and open it with RPGMaker VX Ace and open scripts menu.
There's not much to see there, it's just loading screen, FileGetter (you can see its copy outside), script loader and FileGetter settings.

Lot of potential on this game but are there other possibilitys for the controls? Like a mouse control ect?
Gamepad works.
Game is RPGMaker so mouse control is already more than most devs can do. From what I know there are no plans for it and it's not out-of-box solution. I'm sure eccma won't bother.
Also, I see no point, especially to base game where I'd have to access windows libraries to get mouse input. It would be a lot of work to add buttons to whole UI for mouse to interact with. It's ton of work, and for what reason? Not like clunky tile movement is going to go away anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaiNanE

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
It's default RPGMaker file, simply copy .rvproj2 file from any rpgmaker vxa project into decrypted game folder and open it with RPGMaker VX Ace and open scripts menu.
There's not much to see there, it's just loading screen, FileGetter (you can see its copy outside), script loader and FileGetter settings.
Sorry but that doesn't really help, I do not have RPGMaker installed but do understand most of the human-readable code. I have found the external copy of FileGetter but you already said changing that doesn't actually do anything. Maybe I misunderstood you, I was under the impression the finished game was able to re-compile its assets from the raw JSON and .rb stuff without using the RPGMaker itself seeing as it still loads the .rb scripts from unpacked folders including modifications.

Teravisor

Jan 23, 2020
Sorry but that doesn't really help, I do not have RPGMaker installed but do understand most of the human-readable code. I have found the external copy of FileGetter but you already said changing that doesn't actually do anything. Maybe I misunderstood you, I was under the impression the finished game was able to re-compile its assets from the raw JSON and .rb stuff without using the RPGMaker itself seeing as it still loads the .rb scripts from unpacked folders including modifications.
Then install it? It's not hard to find one in internet, provided that we discuss it on similar site.
It uses RGSS301.dll which is RPGMaker dll to repack (not recompile, but simply repack) it. Commands for it that are built in RGSS: save_data and load_data.
Whole repacking code is visible in FileGetter.rb, and you have said that you have seen it, so if you don't understand it, it's not up to me to tutor you. But there is no more code that you didn't see in FileGetter.rb that does it, at all. Scripts.rvdata2 and some others are not being repacked by anything as it's RPGMaker default file.
If you want to change something in Scripts.rvdata2 you would have to get RPGMaker anyway or do a lot of manual parsing on its format using load_data and save_data that no sane person does.
Loading all .rb files is done from same FileGetter.rb, using simple load_script method, simply described as "read file and eval(...) it".
If you want to change FileGetter.rb behaviour, simply override its methods in a mod.
Load order described in Scripts.rvdata2 that is just few lines of code is: all base .rb files (if uncompressed, load all .rb from specific directories; if compressed, load needed rb file list from listX.rvdata2 which are generated by same FileGetter.rb, for order check FileGetter.rb), then load all mods from /ModScripts/, then load and execute Main.rb.
Loading of data is done in main (5_DataManager.rb to be precise) so you can mod FileGetter behavior using provided FileGetter.rb as reference.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaiNanE

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Is this game open enough to allow modders to create maps, scenes and events?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jaruh

Teravisor

Jan 23, 2020
Is this game open enough to allow modders to create maps, scenes and events?
Maps are done in RPGMaker, then loaded from /Data/MapXXX.rvdata2, in other words, just place map file in correct folder with correct name and call method to load it. (Not tested, but should work)
Scenes and events are all in .rb files (=ruby scripts) that can be modded.
Mod files are ruby scripts that are loaded from open folder and, if you have reference, you can replace all but few loader scripts by simply creating .rb files with correct names in corresponding game folders.

The only thing you need to do is decrypt game.rgss3a to see code files as reference (all but few loader scripts are plain .rb files)

And the bad things I can think of in a few moments:
There's no publically available API for code, you have to dig through existing events or code to find how to do what you want.
List of summonable Game_Event gets generated from existing maps so if you need Game_Map.summon_event (or its reserve_ version) of custom Game_Event you would need some workaround for compressed game versions.
Code having quite a bit of custom things which require reading code to understand what it even does, a lot of used code is not default RPGMaker code.
Custom json data of items/npcs/poses/etc isn't loaded from files in compressed version. Can workaround using mods if needed.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: CaiNanE and jaruh

zinzan

Feb 16, 2019
I saw an image of Lona petting the Necromancer in the inn recently ? is there some way to recruit her or is it something that is yet to be implemented.

Cat Boy

Oct 19, 2017
i forgot what the cheats are for this game can someone help i need it cuz i lost my saves for the game

mradude

Sep 20, 2020
You all seem to be playing a different game than I am.

I went and used saveeditor to max out my stats.

So far Ive managed to wander into like a dozen different towns, none of them seem to offer anything other than miserable people walking around who will barter with you and sell rats. Now I don't get killed as often, but there does not seem to be anything worth doing.

What "quests"?

Oh and to the person who said "dying to rats is pathetic", that has nothing to do with me, if you literally use of 10% of your stamina fighting a rat it takes several strikes to kill, and maybe 1 in 4 of them turn into meat, it's simple mathematics that eventually you're just going to run out of food. So no, unless you use SaveEditor which it sounds like everyone has done, the game mechanics are completely jank and unplayable without using cheat methods.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: Yukihirou and jaruh
4.10 star(s) 184 Votes