bucefala

Sep 1, 2020
The thing that fucks the game is the save system. Its either the challange of the game and anger and frustration creep up on you so you save after every little progress, before every enemy, or you go doom mode losing hours of progress. Absolutelly no inbetween.

You either cheat yourself out of the experience by saving ultrafrequently and loading after every little screw up, or you play doom mode and play ultra, ultra safe, without any experimentation.

I tried to make myself only safe at the beggining of a mission for example, which makes you play carefuly and going with and trying to fix mistakes(for example being spotted in stealth missions), but still allows you to try reasonable things as the loss of time in case of failure isnt too big. Still though, you need plenty of discipline to not break the rule.

bobi121

Aug 1, 2019
If you have heal skill taken, you can heal them, but not to the point of them walk on their own. Just heal to crawl faster.
The hostages? Because their pathfinding is absolutely attrocious. Not only are they slow but they too often go in literally every other locaiton except the one they are supposed to go to follow Lona. It takes 10 minutes + just to save multiple women.
But the enemies? Oh they will follow you to the end of the Earth perfectly while also dodging your attacks. I am absolutely convinced that those hostages simply don't want to leave and we are just forcing them to do it. Fine by me, i am considering not rescuing them at all. More toys for the goblins.

Reactions: bucefala

tabita333

Nov 9, 2017
The hostages? Because their pathfinding is absolutely attrocious. Not only are they slow but they too often go in literally every other locaiton except the one they are supposed to go to follow Lona. It takes 10 minutes + just to save multiple women.
But the enemies? Oh they will follow you to the end of the Earth perfectly while also dodging your attacks. I am absolutely convinced that those hostages simply don't want to leave and we are just forcing them to do it. Fine by me, i am considering not rescuing them at all. More toys for the goblins.
Well, consider they in shock, so it's probably by design, to add challenge. Still, best tactic to clear out whole map before monsters kill hostages. Then get hostages out.

bobi121

Aug 1, 2019
Well, consider they in shock, so it's probably by design, to add challenge. Still, best tactic to clear out whole map before monsters kill hostages. Then get hostages out.
A challenge that is within my power to take on is fine, but how the hostages move is entirely out of my control so it has no purpose. The challenge should be to clear the dungeon, not wait for NPCs to figure out where the path is.

Reactions: Kyraga

RLJFZ

Sep 10, 2022
What's worse is the screwed up pathfinding isn't just limited to those captives, it's every NPC followers ever. I remember the quest about saving Timmy from those priest being my worst run, I do everything right, but the NPC who's supposed to follow me always find a way to screw things up by going at the opposite direction of the path I was heading.

Reactions: bucefala

spacemix

Dec 30, 2020
I had to go look for myself and you're right! Notice how the gate area is totally ruined compared to Feira Quest:
View attachment 908142
The mountains have grown into the city so I guess that is under construction.. But yeah, it is Sybaris alright.
Edit: Aaw, Sybaris was such a bright and happy place and Lisa sold trinkets before following in her fathers foot steps:
View attachment 908150
View attachment 908163
Then the dark mist came...
LonaRPG is a sequel???

Badwolfhz

Jan 13, 2023
Does anyone know why the color of the skin, hair and eyes don't change in joyplay? And also why the night cycle doesn't work?

Of_Ill_Omens

Apr 10, 2023
LonaRPG is a sequel???
120.jpg
Feira Quest is abandoned project from circa 2015 that didn't make it beyond proof of concept with limited overworld map and couple locations of very barebone functionality. When that ship sank, one of the people working on it decided to make his own game from a scratch, that's how LonaRPG started. Some of the ideas in LonaRPG (both for game world and mechanics) can be traced back to Feira Quest and Feira herself gets mentioned in LonaRPG's tutorial. She is the dead adventurer at the far end of the sewers. So there is "canon" continuity between the two.

And also why the night cycle doesn't work?
Because it is not pure RPGM functionality but made using Windows system libraries, which don't exist/work in JoiPlay.

Badwolfhz

Jan 13, 2023
Does anyone know how to fix this error? I was doing Cecily's mission and she disappeared, my morale dropped to -144

tabita333

Nov 9, 2017
A challenge that is within my power to take on is fine, but how the hostages move is entirely out of my control so it has no purpose. The challenge should be to clear the dungeon, not wait for NPCs to figure out where the path is.
Actually it could be done, without full blown wipe out of enemy. That's also challenge. I did that just for kicks, with low level character. It was merchants daughter quest to open new ones, so I had do it, to move ahead. Did it with low level character and to tell the truth, it was quite interesting, not vanquish enemy like killing machine, but sneak out right under their nose, dragging hostages one by one. It's good to have some variety in how you do things. Not like I suggest everyone doing that, but hey, it's there and it's your pick how to do it.

bobi121

Aug 1, 2019
A more likely explanation is that eccma is fucking with us and the hostage shit pathfinding is by design, wouldn't put it past him to do that.
That is exactly what i believe. Escaping the enemies without going in stealth is next to impossible while they also make expert hit and run attacks on you. They are smartly programmed. While the hostages be like - oh you want to go to the left? Nah i will go to the opposite direction, then up, then down then two tiles to the left and repeat.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
In regards to the hostages thing:
Don't go more than three tiles in front of them. They'll follow you if you stick to two or three, being the closest light source.
Stealth mode throws them off too as they can't see where you've gone.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
In regards to the hostages thing:
Don't go more than three tiles in front of them. They'll follow you if you stick to two or three, being the closest light source.
Stealth mode throws them off too as they can't see where you've gone.
ehh, I find that they generally manage ok, the trick is making them navigate around obstacles, in which case their priority seems to be to line up with Lona, so a bad thing to do is just run up to them, get them following you and the run to exit, certain obstacles get them stuck in a loop, but if it's a clear straight path, no issues, so positioning lona so they have straight lines to follow works best. (remember that when pathfinding, they consider other hostages that are following as obstacles too and will try to go around them, but they aren't considered an obstacle if they arent on a tile to next to them)

distance doesn't matter regardless of brightness/light sources. stealth mode also doesn't seem to matter either. what matter is what's in their way, so plan ahead and work out what the straightest path with least obstacles is.

also, if you have to take stairs and your hostages are more or less in a line, wait till on is next to you, go upstairs and back down, the closest hostage will spawn under you and stay there, repeat until all hostages are under you on desired floor.

just my experience from constantly saving hostages for money and exp.

brt345678

Mar 20, 2023
Just a head's up that the MEGA link for B.0.8.6.1 had a takedown notice and is no longer available. Dead link removed from my posts for that version.

Last edited:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
ehh, I find that they generally manage ok, the trick is making them navigate around obstacles, in which case their priority seems to be to line up with Lona, so a bad thing to do is just run up to them, get them following you and the run to exit, certain obstacles get them stuck in a loop, but if it's a clear straight path, no issues, so positioning lona so they have straight lines to follow works best. (remember that when pathfinding, they consider other hostages that are following as obstacles too and will try to go around them, but they aren't considered an obstacle if they arent on a tile to next to them)

distance doesn't matter regardless of brightness/light sources. stealth mode also doesn't seem to matter either. what matter is what's in their way, so plan ahead and work out what the straightest path with least obstacles is.

also, if you have to take stairs and your hostages are more or less in a line, wait till on is next to you, go upstairs and back down, the closest hostage will spawn under you and stay there, repeat until all hostages are under you on desired floor.

just my experience from constantly saving hostages for money and exp.
From my experience in (admittedly) previous versions, if I go too far ahead of them they'd lose me and crawl about aimlessly until I got back within their limited field of vision. Maybe that's changed since.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes