brt345678

Mar 20, 2023
something I've been wanting to ask for awhile now : why do you "reset" your time period each update (big/small/silent)?
instead of "this update is from 10 days ago, eccma updated the game 3 days ago, so expect that update in 7 days" and so on?

If eccma had a streak of releasing an update every 5-7 days somehow for... let's say... 4 months... would you upload something then?

just curious on the reasoning for this.
Because I decided on a schedule, got into a routine and stopped thinking about it.

I suppose I could change it considering I no longer keep the uploads once they get distributed to the various filehosts (a decision that came about after planning such a schedule)

There is also the fact that too frequent updates do not get pushed to the "Latest Updates" feed though.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Because I decided on a schedule, got into a routine and stopped thinking about it.

I suppose I could change it considering I no longer keep the uploads once they get distributed to the various filehosts (a decision that came about after planning such a schedule)

There is also the fact that too frequent updates do not get pushed to the "Latest Updates" feed though.
Thanks for answering!
It was just something that was starting to bug me as I would see updates from Eccma, but nothing being uploaded here... heck the OP atm is on 0.8.8.3, and the game just hit a "milestone" (of sorts) update 0.8.9.0 19 days ago.

also, I am aware about how "minor" updates don't tend to hit the Latest Updates if they come too fast (for some reason), as I ran into that issue more than once while working on Imouto Fantasy (one of the reasons I generally only update the translation when actual new content is added to the game... or a major game-breaking bugfix, that and general difficulty of having to re-do the entire translation from scratch every update).

either way, your uploads are appreciated by myself and others.

brt345678

Mar 20, 2023
Here's the new version. Latest file as an apology for letting the delay get out of hand.

Going forward it will be a flat 10 days after release based on the blog entry.
Whatever the latest file is that I have downloaded for that release at that time will be the one uploaded.
Any other updates will be ignored unless it is a critical update.

Download:
LonaRPG B.0.8.9.0.1:lonarpg-B.0.8.9.0.1.zip
Note: File has been re-hosted, link removed. Upload has been offline'd.

Official Text Project:
Download:
Comments:
Date format in filename is yyyyddmm where d=day, m=month and y=year.
MTL Tool still needs to be used after applying this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Do NOT use the English patch until it gets updated, use the MTL tool instead. (or grab FrontalZp's translation update)

Support the dev if you are able.

Note:
After ~2 weeks of being shared I'll be deleting the uploads from my end. Please be sure to report the updates to the moderators before they get deleted. Uploads will be removed sooner after being re-hosted (To the moderators: please treat the main download on these posts as an expiring link)

Last edited:

FrontalZp

Aug 6, 2018
Do NOT use the English patch until it gets updated, use the MTL tool instead. (or grab FrontalZp's translation update)
You absolutely flatter me. It makes me glad to have quickly looked through the texts to assist us English speakers. I noticed a sort of “editing” guide was in the text files, to pick fonts, sizes, colors, and speaker, and speaker image, along with emotional images for Lona, and effects like a camera shake. If there are any new text lines added, lemme know, and I’ll try to get it sorted with either Google (mtl uses Google) or deepL.
I think any broken lines of game coding in the game has to be changed from some rpgmaker program. I don’t have that, nor am I going to delve into solving those problems.
however, text translations are still an easy thing for me. It’s too time consuming to compare old text to new text (although could someone inform me of a program that does it?) to look for every new line. I honestly wouldn’t do it if the game was really far off from a 2 handed game.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaiReth

brt345678

Mar 20, 2023
You absolutely flatter me. It makes me glad to have quickly eththrough the texts to assist us English speakers. I noticed a sort of “editing” guide was in the text files, to pick fonts, sizes, colors, and speaker, and speaker image, along with emotional images for Lona, and effects like a camera shake. If there are any new text lines added, lemme know, and I’ll try to get
No changes to the text within the game files.
No idea about the text in the Official Text Project.

There are however some issues related to some text blocks, but they are not because of your edits (pre-existing issue)
For example: Breedling Meat quest item. The text blocks are there, but because the block path doesn't match what the game is looking for they don't work. The game instead shows what the correct block path should be.

Last edited:

FrontalZp

Aug 6, 2018
No changes to the text within the game files.
No idea about the text in the Official Text Project.
Then It’s just a generic addition of visuals and bugfixes. Dev doing their good job. Bug fixes can be hard work especially if you have recently added new systems.
  • If no text changes were made on game files, then the official translation project will likely be unchanged, and I can copy paste the text files I already have in my current version to the new update and it should work :)
  • On a side note, I tried to add big booba. Like many things I’ve done, it’s failed to be successful. I was wondering what to do. I’ve used the nyxlauncher AND saw through to follow the included guide in the big booba mod folder on how to install. I have had no change in textures though, even through a rebirth. I thought it might take effect immediately or after a rebirth at worst.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaiReth

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
When there's a tiny but important fix like 0.8.9.0.1 is, I'd love it if the guy would just release patch files instead of the whole thing again.

Reactions: FrontalZp

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
  • On a side note, I tried to add big booba. Like many things I’ve done, it’s failed to be successful. I was wondering what to do. I’ve used the nyxlauncher AND saw through to follow the included guide in the big booba mod folder on how to install. I have had no change in textures though, even through a rebirth. I thought it might take effect immediately or after a rebirth at worst.
The main download makes use of a state to apply the texture change. You need to get the mod item either from Elise or via Cheat Menu

brt345678

Mar 20, 2023
I think any broken lines of game coding in the game has to be changed from some rpgmaker program. I don’t have that, nor am I going to delve into solving those problems.
Most of the scripts are stored externally (in Data/Scripts/) The only script in the Scripts.rvdata2 file is a basic external script loader.
The rest of the scripts within the games databases shouldn't be edited unless you know what you're doing.

The VX Ace Editor shouldn't be needed for anything other than advanced mods. ie: Making new items, skills, maps, npcs, etc.

Last edited:

brt345678

Mar 20, 2023
When there's a tiny but important fix like 0.8.9.0.1 is, I'd love it if the guy would just release patch files instead of the whole thing again.
Don't have to deal with the inevitable "how do i install the patch?" comments by just rolling the whole thing again. Also no potential bugs from accidentally creating the patch wrong.

EDIT: When 0.8.9.1 drops I might trial doing patches. Simple overwrites unless instructed otherwise.

Last edited:

FrontalZp

Aug 6, 2018
There are some issues related to some text blocks,
For example: Breedling Meat quest item. The text blocks are there, but they don't work. The game instead shows what the (incorrectly referenced) block path should be.
Yeah a path is nothing I’m going to change. What can be done though, theoretically, is provide the text for a path being referenced, even if it’s the wrong path, by using the path it’s referencing, and adding the text, and then just adding some scene info for it (screen image and text sizes).

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes