RLJFZ

Sep 10, 2022
Can someone give me a tip about how to deal with big mama in her tentacle armor with a magic build? She has 5 Scu and 30 Wis from traits.
Armors are the usual civilian clothes and glasses.
Weapons depends (musket, fire and water staff, lightning and water books and the air raid button).

Water magic only tickles her, fire staff is too slow, musket loading is also slow and lightning is difficult to aim.
You can cheese her with bombs if she's too much for you. Though you can beat her the legit way without using any potion if you know how to deal with her mechanics and if everything goes right. 30 WIS in trait should be more than enough to do so. This will require some good positioning and timing as you'll mainly use fireball to safely damage her in her 2nd phase. For max safety though, bring at least 5 blue potions and 5 red potions. Something you need to keep in mind about her 2nd phase are that she gets ATK buff the more she inflict direct damage, and her ATK buff will progressively dissipate the more she moves, so it's best not to engage in a long brawl with her and instead do a hit and run approach. Also she can switch between 3 stances:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: zinwaz and Tyyyr

RLJFZ

Sep 10, 2022
can i fellow gentleman pin point me location or picture of a place where i can find Warboss boss room, because from this new vers. 8.9.0.1. i just cant find his place ANYWHERE and i read a lots messages here that really didn't help
Go to Costal Fortress and go all the way right.

Of_Ill_Omens

Apr 10, 2023
Are we getting new monster? I really confused by the word (added potrait) in the changelog
added portrait means exactly just that, an added portrait(s)
We got new monsters in 0.8.8, those monsters have couple lines of dialogue (mostly just orkind gibberish).
0.8.9 adds dialogue portraits to those few lines of dialogue.
There are some more new monsters in the works but it's probably gonna take another update or three before we get them.

You can cheese her with bombs
I like to think of it as "Lisa-approved way of handling things".
HcV2VxGgjg4.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: RLJFZ and Kevodi

LEET

May 29, 2017
Getting this when attempting to use the booba mod. Any reason for this to happen?
Edit: found an answer above.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
anyone know which data file to edit so that items drop on ground last longer before they despawn?
The NoItemDisappearing mod did that by changing the move_route on dropped items via code, but no longer works.

Pretty sure the only way to do it without the VX Ace Editor is to use code.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Getting this when attempting to use the booba mod. Any reason for this to happen?
Edit: found an answer above.
For others getting errors just like this one (for either Big Booba or Cheat Menu Framework), the answer is to install UltraModManager (which is very clearly specified as a requirement btw)

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
The NoItemDisappearing mod did that by changing the move_route on dropped items via code, but no longer works.

Pretty sure the only way to do it without the VX Ace Editor is to use code.
thought it tide to the scoutcraft skill were hoping to raise it max duration cap through that

LEET

May 29, 2017
For others getting errors just like this one (for either Big Booba or Cheat Menu Framework), the answer is to install UltraModManager (which is very clearly specified as a requirement btw)
Yeah, I thought it would add a mod manager to the main menu of the game. Didn't realize it had a .bat until after I posted.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
thought it tide to the scoutcraft skill were hoping to raise it max duration cap through that
I tried to investigate a way to fix the old mod, but couldn't figure it out.
The only thing I found in that process was that items that get stripped off of Lona during captures are supposed to get placed in the areas temporary storage when they disappear so they could be retrieved.

EDIT:
For reference, this is a piece of the move_route of the ItemFootmanMid item that calculates the length of the despawn timer for that item (Retrieved via the VX Ace Editor):
Code:
@wait_count = [600+60*$game_player.actor.scoutcraft_trait, 1800].min
So yeah, it is tied to the scoutcraft skill and caps at 1800 (SCU 20) for that item. Should be the same for all items though.

Last edited:

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
You can cheese her with bombs if she's too much for you. Though you can beat her the legit way without using any potion if you know how to deal with her mechanics and if everything goes right. 30 WIS in trait should be more than enough to do so. This will require some good positioning and timing as you'll mainly use fireball to safely damage her in her 2nd phase. For max safety though, bring at least 5 blue potions and 5 red potions. Something you need to keep in mind about her 2nd phase are that she gets ATK buff the more she inflict direct damage, and her ATK buff will progressively dissipate the more she moves, so it's best not to engage in a long brawl with her and instead do a hit and run approach. Also she can switch between 3 stances:
Thank you, I beat her with that advice, although I didn't have enough money so I only bought 2 blue pots.

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
I tried to investigate a way to fix the old mod, but couldn't figure it out.
The only thing I found in that process was that items that get stripped off of Lona during captures are supposed to get placed in the areas temporary storage when they disappear so they could be retrieved.

EDIT:
For reference, this is a piece of the move_route of the ItemFootmanMid item that calculates the length of the despawn timer for that item (Retrieved via the VX Ace Editor):
Code:
@wait_count = [600+60*$game_player.actor.scoutcraft_trait, 1800].min
So yeah, it is tied to the scoutcraft skill and caps at 1800 (SCU 20) for that item. Should be the same for all items though.
i see thx that still a nice find sometime battle get too heated and i can sometime loose valuable item that got strip off me(man those dancer clothes are expensive) while trying to fend off the enemies.So if i increase that 1800 to some higher number it should make item got strip off lasted longer right or it only see effect when i increase more points to scoutcraft?

LEET

May 29, 2017
Wait what? What .bat file? There shouldn't be a .bat file.
1708824561600.png
When I opened the game.exe, it didn't load the mod manager. But when I use the bat it opened it. There I was able to get the booba mod to work. Console popped up after I tried to open nyx launcher with just UUM.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
View attachment 3383751
When I opened the game.exe, it didn't load the mod manager. But when I use the bat it opened it. There I was able to get the booba mod to work. Console popped up after I tried to open nyx launcher with just UUM.
That bat just runs Game.exe with the "console" argument and just enables the console log. It doesn't run Nyx (which should not be used with UMM)

LEET

May 29, 2017
That bat just runs Game.exe with the "console" argument and just enables the console log. It doesn't run Nyx (which should not be used with UMM)
Hm, then I have no idea why running game.exe gave me a crash like using the nyx launcher.

4.10 star(s) 188 Votes