Underswap

Sep 30, 2022
can someone send me a zip of the game with the cheat mods already installed, because for some reason i cant get them to work

Lasinitro

Jul 28, 2018
can someone send me a zip of the game with the cheat mods already installed, because for some reason i cant get them to work
Are you having issues with the MTL aswell? if so i just figured it out, you gotta make another folder inside the text folder of every mod you're using named MTL, not just the cheats mod but the UMM mod too and every other one that uses text. After you do that you copy the contents of the folder that has the language you want and you put them inside the one you created.

Archetype0

Jun 9, 2022
So.. Was trying to figure out how UMM works.. Got most everything correct.. at least I'm pretty sure, but when I went to run the game it said that there was no MTL version of UMM... So I just made a copy of the English version of the folder and named it MTL... Will I end up regretting doing this or not?

Edit: By version I mean text files

Ricordi

Jun 3, 2021
does it change his sprites too? especially the one when he die, just worry it might conflict with that scene where he got shot at.

Hmm it in conflict with the big boob Lona mod which ever one place at bottom only that one get activate. Anyway to get both to work with each other?
Hmm... I didn’t test it with RC2.3.x ver of Booba, but it seems to work with R2.5.1 ver. And yes, it changes GrayRat's sprites to those provided by the author of the original mod. That is, you can go to the Graphics folder and make sure whether the sprite you need is there.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
So.. Was trying to figure out how UMM works.. Got most everything correct.. at least I'm pretty sure, but when I went to run the game it said that there was no MTL version of UMM... So I just made a copy of the English version of the folder and named it MTL... Will I end up regretting doing this or not?

Edit: By version I mean text files
For UMM that needs to be done for all languages other than English and Russian. And no, you shouldn't end up regretting it.

Reactions: Archetype0

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Are you having issues with the MTL aswell? if so i just figured it out, you gotta make another folder inside the text folder of every mod you're using named MTL, not just the cheats mod but the UMM mod too and every other one that uses text. After you do that you copy the contents of the folder that has the language you want and you put them inside the one you created.
That's intentional for cheats mod, as there is no guarantee the MTL that a player has will always be English. This way they don't have to delete the MTL folder if the language that they have as MTL isn't English.

Jan 18, 2023
Does anyone know how to fix the resolution on 1080p monitors? I've tried all the different solutions like ResetRmSetting, but no matter what I do it's still unbearably blurry.

The maximum resolution its letting me set it to is 820p, with a tiny change to 864p if I make it fullscreen. But I'm seeing people on here get way higher available resolutions, and even lowering my windows resolution just makes it bug out into a double window instead of giving me new options.

I've been looking through the forums and nothings worked so far. It seems insane to me that this game wouldn't be optimized for playing on the most common monitor resolution in the world. Is there some kind of fix to this?

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Does anyone know how to fix the resolution on 1080p monitors? I've tried all the different solutions like ResetRmSetting, but no matter what I do it's still unbearably blurry.

The maximum resolution its letting me set it to is 820p, with a tiny change to 864p if I make it fullscreen. But I'm seeing people on here get way higher available resolutions, and even lowering my windows resolution just makes it bug out into a double window instead of giving me new options.

I've been looking through the forums and nothings worked so far. It seems insane to me that this game wouldn't be optimized for playing on the most common monitor resolution in the world. Is there some kind of fix to this?
What is your Windows Scaling set to? Many old programs do not like to be scaled at all.

I myself have seen programs move offscreen completely because the scaling wasn't at 100%

If scaling is the cause of your issue, I would suggest disabling scaling for all RPGMaker games, not just Lona.

As for the being unbearably blurry, the only solution I have found is to use an app called Magpie and use that for upscaling.
A beefy machine is required though depending on the filters used. If going this route, make sure the game is Windowed and at native game resolution (360p) or the blurryness will be even worse.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Btw, a tip for making the MTL tool work with mods that use the same or similar translation support as the game:

Place a Game.exe in the mods root folder. It just needs to exist, it does not need to be a valid file.
For example: to make the MTL tool work with MCM/CMF, place a Game.exe in the ModScripts/_Mods/Cheats Mod/ folder and point the tool at that Game.exe

If the target language already exists in the mod, the tool will simply copy that language from the mod to the MTL folder for that mod, translating any found CHT to the target language in the process.
The only caveat is that there must be a CHT translation (native or otherwise) or it will not work.

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
Hmm... I didn’t test it with RC2.3.x ver of Booba, but it seems to work with R2.5.1 ver. And yes, it changes GrayRat's sprites to those provided by the author of the original mod. That is, you can go to the Graphics folder and make sure whether the sprite you need is there.
yeh im using the RC version they keep overwriting each other.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ricordi

hgffdh

Feb 26, 2018
Using Joiplay.
When using Booba mod I have significant delay any time a bust is supposed to be displayed (though only once per unique bust). With Booba mod when you get e.g. punched in combat and a bust of hurt Lona is supposed to show the whole game freezes for a second or two before it shows up and it continues after a few stutters (though further appearances of the same bust are instant, at least until you change location or sleep). It makes quest dialogs and rapes take a long time as game freezes every time Lona makes a new expression or pose or gets a new layer of wounds/dirt/vomit and makes combat way harder than it should be. You get hit by an arrow from a goblin once - game freezes - then stutters - then once its smooth again you're already on the ground with negative stamina and 3 melee goblins around you.
Does Booba mod perform disk writes or read some archive or try to perform some library call that timeouts or something? It can't be just 2d sprites taking seconds to render. Without Booba mod the game runs smooth. I haven't tried other graphical mods and can't tell if its just mod-specific or specifically Booba mod-specific.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Using Joiplay.
When using Booba mod I have significant delay any time a bust is supposed to be displayed (though only once per unique bust). With Booba mod when you get e.g. punched in combat and a bust of hurt Lona is supposed to show the whole game freezes for a second or two before it shows up and it continues after a few stutters (though further appearances of the same bust are instant, at least until you change location or sleep). It makes quest dialogs and rapes take a long time as game freezes every time Lona makes a new expression or pose or gets a new layer of wounds/dirt/vomit and makes combat way harder than it should be. You get hit by an arrow from a goblin once - game freezes - then stutters - then once its smooth again you're already on the ground with negative stamina and 3 melee goblins around you.
Does Booba mod perform disk writes or read some archive or try to perform some library call that timeouts or something? It can't be just 2d sprites taking seconds to render. Without Booba mod the game runs smooth. I haven't tried other graphical mods and can't tell if its just mod-specific or specifically Booba mod-specific.
have you tried the RC variant?

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
hey how do you get the horse cock weapon i did all the coastal fortress mission till they stop giving me any more mission and still dont have it.

Gently Weeps

Jun 25, 2021
hey how do you get the horse cock weapon i did all the coastal fortress mission till they stop giving me any more mission and still dont have it.
You have to exactly beat that Orc to make it retreat, i think that is the only way to get the weapon, do not kill it. Correct me if I am wrong.

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
You have to exactly beat that Orc to make it retreat, i think that is the only way to get the weapon, do not kill it. Correct me if I am wrong.
um which one? the only time i even seen the horse cock even mention was from the conversation between the 2 fat orckind when i goes to rescue the mercenary leader dog, after that i dont see any more quest.

RLJFZ

Sep 10, 2022
um which one? the only time i even seen the horse cock even mention was from the conversation between the 2 fat orckind when i goes to rescue the mercenary leader dog, after that i dont see any more quest.
The one that has an army of goblins and throws baby goblins. In order to make him drop the horse cock, you need to exhaust his stamina instead of his health.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes