ddaisy

Jun 5, 2019
Are people really having that many problems with encounters? The "run away" option is terrible sure, but approach into immediate running away has pretty much worked every time for me. I guess having them start a bit further away (perhaps influenced by Lona's speed) can help if it's that big an issue.
I have two minor problems with encounters but I don't consider them a big deal because I save scum a lot.

1. Wolf encounter means certain death becuase you can't outrun them.

2. Very, very rarely the spawned enemies form an inescepable labyrinth around you.

XoXeXa

Dec 24, 2017
Hitbox: there are 4 more sample, each one got its own issue. so i decide to roll back to default after 0.3.1
encounter: i decided to rebuild it now. probably release a new ver after its done.
magic: "magic sux" in my todo list for half year already."find some good logic to buff magic, magic are shit(need more weapons, need low tier weapon)" but.... dont have time to handle.
maybe some firearm or wand or steam tech weapon(by lisa)? Dmg based on wisdom. and able to use without trait.
Steam tech weapon would be dope.

XoXeXa

Dec 24, 2017
another ideas :
-add water bottle
- add Lock pick
- torn clothes (due to enemies attack)
- Dynamite and Molotov

Reactions: syslink

Xhak

Dec 24, 2017
Oh my... Sorry if i offended you, but hey, thats my personal opinion about game :) Still think, that maybe it need some polishing in early game balance, but nothing else.
Not offended. I don't own your brain. Just my opinions too!
In mid-late game this isnt a problem, cause enemy when you kill it(literally one-shot) restore you stamina.
Can mitigate, yes. Still bad gameplay balance.
Well, i'm agree, that this game like a real world. Try pregnancy in medival world yourself today! Wonderfull antisanitary, skilled plague doctors, total poverty and other entertainments awaits you!
Okay, let's talk real medieval numbers!!!
Medical journal of a laying-in hospital, 16th century. 14.000 births! Statistically significant!
Fatality rate comparable to modern OBGYN practices!

Good sources indicates midwife births had LOWER fatalities than modern medicine both pre-medieval AND contemporarily.
Fun fact: primary cause of morbidity in earliest medically assisted births was poor hygiene by doctors - handling corpses and delivering babies without washing hands!

Biggest cause for complications in healthy mothers now is medical intervention! Midwife births 1/3 chance of fetal distress. Combine synthetic oxytocin with epidural is disaster! Oxytocin triggers INVOLUNTARY contractions at MAXIMUM POWER! Epidural prevents nerves from sending signals to brain of how hard baby is being squeezed. Combined means HARDEST CONTRACTIONS AND NO FEEDBACK. Fetal distress = instant csec + statistics as "failed natural birth" -> doctors win! Charge more for oxytocin, charge more for epidural, AND charge more for csec!

Or we can discuss real 3rd world pregnancy today! Poor shopkeeper with giant belly. My mother comes back to store 3 hours later, shopkeeper with baby on back still minding shop. Not uncommon story! Many examples. Biggest causes of pregnancy debilitation is obesity and low physical activity. Women where I grow up work hard! No doctors, no medicine! No problem!

Childbirth is lower risk than you think. Only time was high risk was before doctors learned to wash hands. Doctors only did that for 200s of years before learning what midwives knew already.

Pregnancy is hard, but not hard like you think. Risks of childbirth many times overblown by feminists who hate women being women. Worst thing to do to feminist: wear dress and be happy with children. If risk were so high, 15 kids would be death sentence. How many women I know with 15 kids? Probably a lot more than you!
Try EvE online XD

Play safe, be coward, steal, sneak, backstab. And DO NOT get caught. Get punised for exploration, get raped for missclick, get killed for carelessness. That's i call a game!
Hahahahah you're funny!

Feji

Jan 2, 2020
What exactly is the "bowl of broth" that you need to hire some of the npc in the tavern. I'm trying to get the dog as apparently the dog stays with you always.

nsfwgamerv

Aug 15, 2018
What exactly is the "bowl of broth" that you need to hire some of the npc in the tavern. I'm trying to get the dog as apparently the dog stays with you always.
Bowl of broth = Meat Soup / Vegetable Soup?(not sure)
Hired NPCs stay with you until their duration ends or if you disband it

beepboop01

Apr 12, 2020
I'll admit, it's funny how the guards with the cannon are illiterate.

Since IRL "illiteracy" was... not being able to read Latin. And the common peasant could read (regional languages), just not Latin. So this implies the soldiers are dumber than the average peasant which is impressive.

As for Magic, it feels awful because it's unsuited for the kind of combat in the game. It's actually quite fast, and requires quick reactions as you will be in melee more often than not. Or stuck in a lot of situations where you have no choice but to be in melee due to layout of the area.

Maybe if spell selection or targeting "paused" the game it'd be infinitely more useful.

Nov 7, 2018
Ok got it installed and ready to go, thank you for the help you're giving me.
Ok, great! So now that you've got it set up, all you should have to do is unload the resources of LonaRPG into a new project and open it in VX ACE. Once you have everything open in the project manager, you go to the scripts menu and configure FileGetter options to have "COMPRESSED = false" and paste my script I put on the original modding tutorial post into the FileGetter script at the bottom.

-------------------------

Reactions: Jorogom

ddaisy

Jun 5, 2019
How to maximize profits from dancing at the tavern? The tavern lady disappears after each dance, so unless I'm missing something there's no way to spend the trade points earned on dancing. You're left only with the coins she pays you.

nsfwgamerv

Aug 15, 2018
How to maximize profits from dancing at the tavern? The tavern lady disappears after each dance, so unless I'm missing something there's no way to spend the trade points earned on dancing. You're left only with the coins she pays you.
trade points get converted to coins automatically.
no other way but to run after its over. be sure to save some stamina. either run for the exit or the next floor.
just save/load when doing the job
one efficient way is to just re-equip your clothes after stripping to avoid them asking for shoot or masturbate.
but 1-3 shoots can be okay depending on your stamina

Last edited:

agriasoaks

Oct 11, 2019
Dear Dev :

I have a humble request, amidst all the dark bleak world in this game could you please make a 'happy ending'. The escape via ship route well it only save one (1) person and that is lona , and what about the companions that she have ? at least make her able to save cocona lol

Questions :

(1) anyone know how to deal with monstrosity such as ogre or deep ones ? , those two have large hp count or thick defense skin usually I just either bail or use explosives.

(2) Anyone know the quests in english on the big fort in the tavern just few walk away from the tiny fort with artillery ?

(3) Can anyone post builds guide so that lona would survive this harsh dark world ? I try to specialize but I always ended up spreading the numbers around to the point of the character just being the average jack of all trades but master of none.

(4) Mutant flesh can we cook those ?

(5) Is Ogre considered within the Goblin types ?

Reactions: mordet

NaiasEleias

Jan 25, 2018
Dear Dev :

I have a humble request, amidst all the dark bleak world in this game could you please make a 'happy ending'. The escape via ship route well it only save one (1) person and that is lona , and what about the companions that she have ? at least make her able to save cocona lol
That honestly sounds like a good "stretch goal". Logically you'd have to pay out double the gold coins(40) to bring both of you, but you'll have a "happier" ending. It sounds like an easy way to prolong the original mission too and have a "higher score" the more you bring.

Reactions: agriasoaks

saviliana

Aug 30, 2017
Dev, could there be a separate spell menu form skill? Would like to see how much magic and passive skill Lora had learn through her journey.

Also, is there plan on x-ray? Would very happy to see a VH alike character detail menu in game (Maybe through learning a magic spell to unlock it?)

trashhumper

Aug 6, 2016
(4) Mutant flesh can we cook those ?
Yes. I've been making Smoked Meat with the mutant flesh I pick up. You can get around 44 mutant flesh from each monster mine quest run (if you kill everything). With one piece of wood to start a cauldron, and one piece of wood for the smoking, that's 22 smoked meats.

Reactions: agriasoaks
4.10 star(s) 185 Votes