Apr 1, 2020
Has there been any magic improvements since, uhhh LonaRPG.Beta.0.3.5.6.1? Geez, it's been a while since I've played, maybe finally time to get back into it. I was hoping for some more magic stuff/balancing/fixes. Ctrl F'd through the changelong and didn't find much but a new magic weapon.
Every now and then the dev makes adjustments to the magic system. The Mist spell that used to be available on the Water Book got changed to a Tornado spell instead, just as an example, in the last month or so.

I don't think he's made any radical changes though.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Every now and then the dev makes adjustments to the magic system. The Mist spell that used to be available on the Water Book got changed to a Tornado spell instead, just as an example, in the last month or so.

I don't think he's made any radical changes though.
Thanks, I'll test it out. Magic is my favorite playstyle and it seemed for a while like it kinda got left in the dust. Probably pretty difficult to balance.

Apr 1, 2020
found an interesting detail. during day time cocona is in her room, and you can bath with her and gain a nice state that increase atk and def for 1 day. After 3 or 4 times bathing, she will get a double bed and you can sleep with her;)
both bathing and sleeping unlock achievement
Reason #376 that Cocona is Best Girl.

You can sleep with Cocona every day, though at night she works the tavern and the option isn't presented. Since it has the same benefits as any inn stay (full recovery of all three motives) being able to sleep with Cocona basically eliminates the daily upkeep grind of having to buy food/inn stays to recover hunger.

Still waiting for a proper option to romance Cocona..... ;)

peyrak

Mar 4, 2020
Looking at the game pictures I can see that Caesar Traianus Hadrianus did not exist in this universe, well, shame.
(If this is not clear to you, then see )

Reactions: Az_To

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
Has there been any magic improvements since, uhhh LonaRPG.Beta.0.3.5.6.1? Geez, it's been a while since I've played, maybe finally time to get back into it. I was hoping for some more magic stuff/balancing/fixes. Ctrl F'd through the changelong and didn't find much but a new magic weapon.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's not specifically related to magic, but this should be very impactuful. I've only played 0.5.4.4 but I throw a lot of rocks and fireballs (in that order and from stealth), and I found it to be the single most effective way to fight as long as there are no dungeon victims getting raped and the fighting doesn't take place in a narrow diagonal path. I've only succeeded in chaining rocks and fireballs but not fireballs with more fireballs. Is this not possible or am I doing something wrong? Somewhere on this thread I read about someone stacking 7 firewalls, which sounds like something that can only be accomplished through chaining the same skill.

found an interesting detail. during day time cocona is in her room, and you can bath with her and gain a nice state that increase atk and def for 1 day. After 3 or 4 times bathing, she will get a double bed and you can sleep with her;)
both bathing and sleeping unlock achievement
Try partying up and encountering an undead horde. There are also some funny interactions between her and Justiceguy.

Reactions: karlsemken

levdanig

Oct 19, 2017
Working off CaiNanE translations I made temporary english one to update it to current ver and sort of translated newer stuff, it's not as good quality as CaiNanE, but might do till their version ready to go. Note haven't completely tested it out throughout the entire game. Mainly covers Lisa, Sybaris new quest and South Gate Camp.

Here's a zippy link to text folder

Also thanks CaiNanE for all your efforts with translating the game for us to enjoy every update.
Does this translation also translate the new Bomber girl mission?

flazeo25

May 12, 2017
Does this translation also translate the new Bomber girl mission?
All of it, but quality isn't as good as Cainane.

Edit: Heres a file that increased the odds of Bubba blacksmith starting with higher TP, since highest he could start with was 9k TP and lowest 3001 TP. It changes it 11k TP at highest to 4001 TP at it's lowest.

So odds of Bubba having 8k or more TP per day increased.

Last edited:

angellllaaaa

Mar 7, 2020
Well, it's been a team effort so far to which you now can add your name : ) As I said above somewhere I do patches and merges and fixes but no actual translation due to google being what they are. I'll add the whole ENG zip now as usual. Actually, I will add this to signature and always keep this post up to date with the latest English merge instead of making new posts.

Disclaimer and Explanation:
This is (as stated in OP) not an official release by the developer or official translators. Please read:
Disclaimer and Explanation for all and more information you could possibly want on the whole matter.
Thanks.

LonaRPG.Beta.0.5.4.4_ENG.zip merged with official 0.5.4.4 release.

Diffs:
I can't track diffs over versions since I make so many fixes to the files that it's impossible. I am only using a text editor after all. What I can say though is that between official release and this zip, only 6 textfiles out of 111 are identical, so 105 files are different.

New/added/edited stuff from release:

Translation needed:

Important:
Make sure you download the correct version for your LonaRPG release. I will keep the three latest versions available for compability. So make sure your "LonaRPG.V.E.R.S.I.O.N" matches the "LonaRPG.V.E.R.S.I.O.N._ENG.zip" you download. This shouldn't be confusing.

But if it is and you use the wrong patch, your LonaRPG will crash, saves files will be corrupted, your CPU will look for missing RAM adresses and crash, your house will most likely be set on fire, and your neighbours turn into zombies looking for brains to eat. So, I don't want to hear about it in the thread.

Installation/Unpacking:
So, since so many don't understand what to do with this zipped/packed folder/directory I guess we need a mansplation:
It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
Just extract/unpack/copy all the content in:
"LonaRPG.Beta.V.E.R.S.I.O.N_ENG.zip"
into
"Drive:\MaybeSomeFolder\LonaRPG.Beta.V.E.R.S.I.O.N\Text\".
Now, it places the lotion in the basket.
If you need to overwrite a bunch of files (114 as of now) you're doing it right. If not, re-check your path.

Bugs/Irregularities/Fixing:
If *you* make a correction/translation, please PM me the *.txt file(s) and I'll update this post. TIA!
View attachment 899338

If anyone testing this great game happen upon the kind of messages in the picture below,
please let me know and I'll try to fix it. If you can capture the whole message like below it helps a lot.
View attachment 849954

Also if you see vertical text anywhere let me know as well:

Support the creator!
Please consider supporting EccmA417
in further development of LonaRPG:

Last updated: 2021-06-16_22:24 UTC
when is this gonna get updated?

flazeo25

May 12, 2017
Hello! Where can i find berserker drug? You can't buy it from Elise anymore. Is it got deleted?
Just checked, you need to do lisa rescue quest(Save her from abominations lair and bring her to eliza clinc) to unlock berserker item in eliza clinc.

Last edited:

brlolilover

Apr 22, 2020
About the Bubba TP issue: you can still buy the saber even if he doesn't have enough TP.
Shift-selling will stop when he goes into negative TP, but you can keep selling to him nevertheless.
When your TP + his negative TP = the price of the weapon, you can buy it.

flazeo25

May 12, 2017
Any idea what to do and how to save her? A large meat egg is indestructible, there is not even enough food to shoot it from a distance.
Be extremely well prepared. The core or egg thingy can be taken out but it's really hard, note it will only start attacking if you try hitting it otherwise the other abominations will be after you. So use bombs as well.

Vottan

Apr 4, 2020
Be extremely well prepared. The core or egg thingy can be taken out but it's really hard, note it will only start attacking if you try hitting it otherwise the other abominations will be after you. So use bombs as well.
Thanks for the advice, I spent an hour in Sea Witch Mode to get an achievement that I didn't need. I did not understand how to save Lisa, and it looks like this is her last adventure.

brazilla

May 30, 2021
Any idea what to do and how to save her? A large meat egg is indestructible, there is not even enough food to shoot it from a distance.
I used to think all monsters need to be killed, but no, all you need is to clear some obstacle and small bugs to get a straight path walk thru without letting the big monster aggro you, then slowly go thru it.
Even you killed them all, Lisa is already dead and become abom. There is counter started since you entered
1626975218014.png

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
For anyone waiting on CaiNanE's merge:

I last got in touch with him eleven days ago. His time is ridiculously tied up with other things at the moment.
As he himself said: "52 changed files. I'm pretty swamped. But many of the files are just soy boy tagging top and bottom with how splendid he is and mtl monkeys. But I must waddle through them all anyway... So, time is burning and progress is slow."

Last edited:

KnightOf1

May 1, 2019
What's the best method for completing the quest where you meet Cocona and escape the catacombs? I'm having lots of trouble on it because Cocona will not follow me , is really slow , gets distracted by the enemies , summons way too many skeletons for me to move around , and you can't leave the Catacombs without her.

Edit : Nevermind, took a bit to figure out that when you go to the exit, you are constantly calling her over to you.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Is there a bug in the current posted version that a skele can go missing or not count towards a kill during the graveyard quest? Been through this map and reloading saves repeatedly, can't manage to find the last skeleton to finish the graveyard quest. Don't remember having this issue a long time ago. Been running around forever, running over all tiles. Leaving and returning to the map would require a complete reclear, so I'm really not keen on that as a mage build pre staff. Made sure to run behind the wagons and all the stone tiles too since I know they love camouflaging on them.

Have the whip dude with me too to alert to nearby enemies, though he ends up crawling on the floor by the time I've patrolled half way around the map the first time. The ai really got nerfed huh. Will they alert to nearby enemies in some way even while crawling on the floor? Because I haven't heard him or noticed him spotting an enemy yet while crawling.

Edit: Alright, is there some debug code or something to check how many enemies are in the current map with you? Cause I'm pretty sure they've all been cleared at this point.

Edit Edit: Yeah, I finally managed to keep the whip dude alive through all the enemies I can find. He can't find a final enemy either. Shit's bugged. Well, that was a waste of almost 2 hours.

Last edited:

Chosen Sloth

Feb 1, 2018
Eccma has to fix the new trade system so merchants will have a minimum of TP to allow you to purchase their most expensive item. Could not get my branded Lona unbranded because Elise never had enough TP for me to buy the removal. :(

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes