Toschka

Sep 15, 2020
oh, and once again(Yes, i will say it again!). i want a Male Protag game with similar gameplay! anyone got any recommendations? i know that Nymphomaniac priestess has really open ended gameplay(planning on gunning through that next!). what other games have this kinda open, sandbox gameplay? although with Male protag!

and no. once again. i don't mean a game where my male protag gets turned into a cumdump for mens everywhere... this games more than just gang rape, corruption and pregnancy... it has gameplay. and i like that gameplay
As far as I have looked up LonaRPG has a really unique gameplay which I do not find anywhere. The closest would be Wings of Roldea which has similar mechanics, though the story is much more linear (and it's a female protag).

The best recommendation I can give is Degrees of Lewdity, which is a good sandbox, with the possibility of a male protag, though the art is only pixel.

I also wish we have games with similar gameplay and sandbox feeling, but the reality is thay most RPGM games are all turn-based combat jrpg with a linear story.

Reactions: cynsaur

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
As far as I have looked up LonaRPG has a really unique gameplay which I do not find anywhere. The closest would be Wings of Roldea which has similar mechanics, though the story is much more linear (and it's a female protag).

The best recommendation I can give is Degrees of Lewdity, which is a good sandbox, with the possibility of a male protag, though the art is only pixel.

I also wish we have games with similar gameplay and sandbox feeling, but the reality is thay most RPGM games are all turn-based combat jrpg with a linear story.
damn lol. if only i could finally motivate myself to start attempting to make a game!! i have so much free time, but no talent or motivation. in the meantime, i'll see if i've played any more open, ended games.

a few i'll throw here.

peasant's quest(open world/sandbox/adventure/rpg)
a struggle with sin(open world/sandbox/adventure/rpg) minor survival elements
arms devicer rio(linear, but branching Main quest, with many branching sidequests, and multiple endings. female MC only)

tl;dr
---------------------------------------------------------

1.Peasant's quest, which i think is.. okay. i like the late content way more than early, infact, i started getting addicted at the current end content. but the art, and writing is so-so. it improves. I also kinda like that you interact with, "play" with, and join some pretty cool groups. example is the 2 powerful opposing religious orders, with pretty cool new skills and abilities. they are mandatory as part of the main quest though. although, just like with a struggle with sin, the main quest feels no different from any other quest line, interaction or event in the game. it's seamless, with no feeling of railroading.
there are quite a few dungeons in this. but i found them a bit annoying. better than typical RPGM dungeons. they are small, and serve a clear purpose. but yeah.
And, this game is a bit grindy. not by RPGMaker standards, and probably not to jrpg fans. but for a western rpg fan, it's really grindy, though, and uses the boring vanilla class leveling. luckily. all of the skills, and unique abilities you learn from other characters, or events. which in my opinion is how all Roleplaying games should do it.
the game seems to focus on impregnation fantasy. which i gotta say, i didn't know i was so into, until i played. it also has others aswell. a couple NTR moments. (one girl accidentally has sex with werewolf instead of you, and goblin girl has sex with entire tribe on your wedding! lol, i'll leave you with those out of context moments.)

2.A struggle with sin. this ones much better written, and has far better quests(both writing, and gameplay), characters, and H scenes etc. and feels really open ended, and seamless.
great game, with also Much better dungeons, and encounters etc. the CG is still not great though. the MC, and his "father" in particular look facially deformed or monstrous lol, which does admittedly hurt the "content", and that's coming from a straight guy.
this one in particular is really hardcore in what i call adventure gameyness, with kinda obtuse questline progressions, and event triggering, that can only be done 1 Particular way. you had of completed a certain quest, or event, be friends with a certain person, have a certain item, say a certain thing, be in a certain place at a certain time, etc.
now, when i say obtuse. I mean like those old Point and click adventure games, or the few open ended japanese roleplaying games, where it feels impossible to progress without a guide. although, that could just be me. i've mostly played Western Computer rpg's, and roleplay focused console ones, like planescape torment, the dragon age and mass effect series, and all of the mainline elderscrolls games games after arena. and in those, it's generally clear what you want to do, and plausible to think of atleast 1 way of achieving that, even if that leaves you with a worse outcome.
you don't have to of fucked wendy, and broken into her money vault, for example, to be allowed to progress with mistress Belladonna, the domineering noble, 2 towns over.(not a real example).
now, this ones got an array of fetishes. alot of NTR aswell, although all optional.(never experienced any, but can easily see where it would be. and disabling NTR is in options.). most of it's focused on consensual sex, that you have to build a relationship for.

but yeah. both i finished just before trying this. they both use vanilla RPGM combat. but they have completely open gameplay. A struggle with sin i put as one of the ones i really really liked.

another potential recommendation, although it is linear(with many sidequests, all of which can be completed in so many ways, and have alot of different outcomes, that lead to other quests, services etc! and multiple endings).
is the female protagonist game arms devicer: rio.

i'll probably actually write a list in the tl;dr style later and quote you.

rngtan

Jul 9, 2018
The best repeatable quest in the game right now seems to be the bandit extermination in Doom Fort. You are task with killing one band that is in one of the predefined positions in the overworld. The kicker: One spot is less than half of a time unit south from Doom Fort and the position is shuffled every time you enter the overworld. You can save right before leaving Doom Fort (or one encounter from it if the encounter rate is high) and save/load for the preferred position. You get 1 Large Copper Coin, 7 Small Copper Coins, 10000 EXP, 1 morality, all within one time unit.

The only caveat is that the encounter itself is no pushover. They have two archers, two lancers, and also a shield bearer. You can pull the melee fighters without alerting the archers and use Rally to gang up them one after the other. Right now I am testing the waters with Cecily and Grey Rat, but since I do not really want to ride back to Noer every time to fetch them I eventually have to try it with the Guide and the Elven Archer. That could be an issue since I don't know whether these two automatically aggro bandits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yukihirou

Toschka

Sep 15, 2020
damn lol. if only i could finally motivate myself to start attempting to make a game!! i have so much free time, but no talent or motivation. in the meantime, i'll see if i've played any more open, ended games.

a few i'll throw here.

peasant's quest(open world/sandbox/adventure/rpg)
a struggle with sin(open world/sandbox/adventure/rpg) minor survival elements
arms devicer rio(linear, but branching Main quest, with many branching sidequests, and multiple endings. female MC only)

tl;dr
---------------------------------------------------------

1.Peasant's quest, which i think is.. okay. i like the late content way more than early, infact, i started getting addicted at the current end content. but the art, and writing is so-so. it improves. I also kinda like that you interact with, "play" with, and join some pretty cool groups. example is the 2 powerful opposing religious orders, with pretty cool new skills and abilities. they are mandatory as part of the main quest though. although, just like with a struggle with sin, the main quest feels no different from any other quest line, interaction or event in the game. it's seamless, with no feeling of railroading.
there are quite a few dungeons in this. but i found them a bit annoying. better than typical RPGM dungeons. they are small, and serve a clear purpose. but yeah.
And, this game is a bit grindy. not by RPGMaker standards, and probably not to jrpg fans. but for a western rpg fan, it's really grindy, though, and uses the boring vanilla class leveling. luckily. all of the skills, and unique abilities you learn from other characters, or events. which in my opinion is how all Roleplaying games should do it.
the game seems to focus on impregnation fantasy. which i gotta say, i didn't know i was so into, until i played. it also has others aswell. a couple NTR moments. (one girl accidentally has sex with werewolf instead of you, and goblin girl has sex with entire tribe on your wedding! lol, i'll leave you with those out of context moments.)

2.A struggle with sin. this ones much better written, and has far better quests(both writing, and gameplay), characters, and H scenes etc. and feels really open ended, and seamless.
great game, with also Much better dungeons, and encounters etc. the CG is still not great though. the MC, and his "father" in particular look facially deformed or monstrous lol, which does admittedly hurt the "content", and that's coming from a straight guy.
this one in particular is really hardcore in what i call adventure gameyness, with kinda obtuse questline progressions, and event triggering, that can only be done 1 Particular way. you had of completed a certain quest, or event, be friends with a certain person, have a certain item, say a certain thing, be in a certain place at a certain time, etc.
now, when i say obtuse. I mean like those old Point and click adventure games, or the few open ended japanese roleplaying games, where it feels impossible to progress without a guide. although, that could just be me. i've mostly played Western Computer rpg's, and roleplay focused console ones, like planescape torment, the dragon age and mass effect series, and all of the mainline elderscrolls games games after arena. and in those, it's generally clear what you want to do, and plausible to think of atleast 1 way of achieving that, even if that leaves you with a worse outcome.
you don't have to of fucked wendy, and broken into her money vault, for example, to be allowed to progress with mistress Belladonna, the domineering noble, 2 towns over.(not a real example).
now, this ones got an array of fetishes. alot of NTR aswell, although all optional.(never experienced any, but can easily see where it would be. and disabling NTR is in options.). most of it's focused on consensual sex, that you have to build a relationship for.

but yeah. both i finished just before trying this. they both use vanilla RPGM combat. but they have completely open gameplay. A struggle with sin i put as one of the ones i really really liked.

another potential recommendation, although it is linear(with many sidequests, all of which can be completed in so many ways, and have alot of different outcomes, that lead to other quests, services etc! and multiple endings).
is the female protagonist game arms devicer: rio.

i'll probably actually write a list in the tl;dr style later and quote you.
Thank you for the recommendations, will try out arms devicer: rio.

Peasants quest I already tried out a bit, but my biggest problem for the first two games is the 3dcg which I don't really like. I'm more into 2dcg or pixelart. It's more of a taste thing.

Ubtsha

Jun 15, 2017
Is the White Dragon grass quest bugged? I got only one copper coin and and almost no xp... was it nerfed?(.9.1 btw)

PDoal

Apr 20, 2020
View attachment 623020

Overview:
Cold... Grim... Unforgiving... Deadly... This is the world of LonaRPG.
Play the story of a young woman named Lona, who must survive in this gothic and cruel world.
Explore a grimdark, twisted, and open world where one little mistake can cost Lona her life...
Can you help Lona survive? (And protect her smile?)​

Thread Updated: 2021-09-08
Release Date: 2021-09-01
Developer: EccmA417 - -
Censored: Yes
Version: 0.5.9.1 Beta repack
Language: English, Chinese
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Any discussion or comments involving politics will be deleted.

DOWNLOAD

Win: - MEGA - -

Extras: Guide - Cheat Mod - *

Thanks Squark for sharing the game
*This unofficial port/version/code is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 623027 View attachment 623028 View attachment 623029 View attachment 623034 View attachment 623039 View attachment 623040
I want to see a picture that is the last. Ask for the version.thx

sprayduster

Jun 25, 2017
No. But it's okay since the dev clearly stated that everyone in the game is 21 and over which is totally not a means to skirt the loli tag at all. Sure, most people call you 'kid' and that Cocona looks, speaks and acts like she's underage but that's fine! No minors here!
To be fair, both her and Lona are likely severely malnourished/ malnutrition-ed which can cause delayed puberty for years or even worse they might never properly mature if the time window's already passed.
Cocona lived alone her whole life too so might explain her acting the way she does.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes