Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
If anyone is having problems finding the undead tomb it's in the mountains north of the fish cave by arise village(So NW Pirate's Bane).

I find the 2h sword mediocre though as its attacks take too long to charge up and can be canceled by taking damage making it unsuited for fighting multiple enemies despite its only strength being aoe. The saber not only has greater attack bonus but you can also equip a shield or dagger with it making it more versatile and survivable. A gimmicky disappointment imo.
Halberd users be like : "First Time ?"

Reactions: eugene67

SwordofHeaven

Jan 28, 2018
Halberd users be like : "First Time ?"
I've never considered the halberd and metal spear to be actually viable weapons and saw them only as barter loot. I just checked out their skill modifiers and tried them out and yeah, they're pretty bad. Doing full damage only on enemies 2 tiles away makes them impractical already, but they have no def bonus and cost too much stamina to use. Saber is kind of overpowered but it'll probably be nerfed soon just like shields.

With Lona's low hp and stam it's just too cripplling to be hit even a few times with low def unless you're willing to chug potions. You lose stamina for every attack and block already, getting hit for 10~30 a few times on top of that and you can go down really quick, especially with bloodlust nerfed. If you're playing on hard/hell on low world danger I guess nothing really matters though.

is there like meta melee, ranged, or magic weapons at this game? I'm using the fire wand + lightning book combo
You should use whatever you like using. It's just you'll probably find some things to work better than others depending on how you play.

Reactions: eugene67

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
I've never considered the halberd and metal spear to be actually viable weapons and saw them only as barter loot. I just checked out their skill modifiers and tried them out and yeah, they're pretty bad. Doing full damage only on enemies 2 tiles away makes them impractical already, but they have no def bonus and cost too much stamina to use. Saber is kind of overpowered but it'll probably be nerfed soon just like shields.
Seems fair, Halberd,Spear and Longsword are all too big a weapon for a girl with small build like Lona anyways. But that's quite a shame really since long pointy stick is always best weapon in medieval time.
The nerf on shield hits me different though since I tend to block attacks and not rely on passive defs, yet it's still a huge nerf nonetheless.

trkl

Sep 23, 2018
I was looking through the achievements and there's a few I have no idea how to get.

"David and Goliath" Apparently you have to defeat "The beast" in the arena. I've seen the cutscene with him making another gladiator his bitch - litteraly - but no matter how many time Lona participates, even making sure the audience applause, I'm not getting any other opponents than those weak ass slaves. How to you get to fight The beast?

"Death apocalypse" The one about the mysterious stranger. Last time I saw him he took away the Sea Witch with him.
And about her, I've read somewhere she is needed for resurrecting Lona, so that's an achievement I'm locked out?

Any help ppl?

XDHGX

Feb 21, 2018
I was looking through the achievements and there's a few I have no idea how to get.

"David and Goliath" Apparently you have to defeat "The beast" in the arena. I've seen the cutscene with him making another gladiator his bitch - litteraly - but no matter how many time Lona participates, even making sure the audience applause, I'm not getting any other opponents than those weak ass slaves. How to you get to fight The beast?

"Death apocalypse" The one about the mysterious stranger. Last time I saw him he took away the Sea Witch with him.
And about her, I've read somewhere she is needed for resurrecting Lona, so that's an achievement I'm locked out?

Any help ppl?
The First one: luck. I fight him several times, too. But that is RNG.
Second one: I have no idea.

Apr 1, 2020

Any help ppl?
Assuming I'm reading the code correctly, you essentially have a 4.75% chance of fighting The Beast each time you fight in the arena.

Or, more precisely: you have a 19% chance of the list that is picked from to choose who you fight will contain The Beast on any given entry into the Arena, and since the list consists of 3 other possible combatants, there's a 25% chance it'll pick him, if he's present. So 19% x 25% == 4.75%.

The Beast.png

eugene67

Jul 21, 2020
Assuming I'm reading the code correctly, you essentially have a 4.75% chance of fighting The Beast each time you fight in the arena.

Or, more precisely: you have a 19% chance of the list that is picked from to choose who you fight will contain The Beast on any given entry into the Arena, and since the list consists of 3 other possible combatants, there's a 25% chance it'll pick him, if he's present. So 19% x 25% == 4.75%.

View attachment 1572227
Damn, I never go to the Arena so I had no idea that's how it worked. Hopefully Eccma will expand it to have its own mini-storyline with some progression.

trkl

Sep 23, 2018
Ha so it is down to a bit of luck.
But since you can only enter the arena once a day, it may take a while to get this one.

Too bad , I was hoping there would be a story here, as in it could be an actual route to beat the game: have Lona win arena fights and start getting famous. Like she would have some fans or something, that'd be hilarious

trkl

Sep 23, 2018
Ha I just found a bug. There are tiles on the world map with no "Type" attached, they are not considered Plain fields, Rain Forest or anything. If you stand on one an try to bring the usual menu with "Relax" - "Enter" - "Remove tracks" etc.. the menu doesn't show up, and if you get an encounter on these tiles the game just crash since there no map to load.

1640991948286.png
This one is a mountain in the ruins of Sybaris, just north east of South Gate Camp

Also nobody has any idea about the Mysterious Stranger achievement? I'm still completely lost on this one.

morot

Feb 25, 2018
Does anyone know how to mod Lona's pregnancy chance so I don't have to chug joy water in game?
I know the seedbed stat changes the probability aswell but I want her to be able to be pregnant easily without it.
I believe the variables are in the reproduction.rb file but I'm not familiar enough with coding to understand exactly what I should change.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes