Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
How long is this game exactly? im 2-3 hours in, just doing as much quests as possible (one time ones) and never getting assaulted once except when i was in a cave to meet the sea witch but was actually the "I ammmmm juussssssssticcceeeeee" dude. Im not complaining or anything, just want to know what Im working with cuz damn this game is long, even when its not tagged "Completed"
There's a number of questlines, but no main story mission to follow. If you think that shit is wild, wait until you get to the end of Cocona's questline.
P.S. "Haven't been assaulted" gets especially hard with abomination. God damn flesh parasites.

Jul 12, 2021
There's a number of questlines, but no main story mission to follow. If you think that shit is wild, wait until you get to the end of Cocona's questline.
P.S. "Haven't been assaulted" gets especially hard with abomination. God damn flesh parasites.
imma spam my shurikins HEH, i survived the mines with the cannon girl by placing mines ahead of time. (im the rpgm gamer person that saves before each interaction, yes im weird)

edit: also i can just use my whip, its an aoe. Im not a fan of the mage weapons cuz i like close ranged fights. I duel wield saber ans dagger/throwing knives)

caseymj21

Sep 4, 2017
I love the concept of Doom Mode, just not the save wiping part of it. Is there anyway to tweak those difficulty settings to get all of the Doom Mode restrictions without the save deletion on death?

Being stuck with your decisions in a game like this is an amazing idea, but wiping out your progress when theres this many BS ways to die is a bit much.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I love the concept of Doom Mode, just not the save wiping part of it. Is there anyway to tweak those difficulty settings to get all of the Doom Mode restrictions without the save deletion on death?

Being stuck with your decisions in a game like this is an amazing idea, but wiping out your progress when theres this many BS ways to die is a bit much.
It's called Doom Mode for a reason. It's pretty much the game's Iron Man mode.
There's no such thing as Doom Mode Lite. Unless you count Hell Mode.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
imma spam my shurikins HEH, i survived the mines with the cannon girl by placing mines ahead of time. (im the rpgm gamer person that saves before each interaction, yes im weird)

edit: also i can just use my whip, its an aoe. Im not a fan of the mage weapons cuz i like close ranged fights. I duel wield saber ans dagger/throwing knives)
The whip is definitely useful against the parasites. Explosives are also great, they just weigh a lot. But be extra careful in the wastelands of the northeast. The monsters and maps are a whole different ballgame.

jack_px

Oct 21, 2016
hi a small question, i just notice that you can "renovate" the contract of some mercenaries (in my case the fishkind mercenaries) so you dont have to return to the city, is there any other mercenary which you can renovate his contract?

ProjectS001

Sep 12, 2020
Wew... I kinda ghosted for a while... Sorry about that guys. Been busy with life and the random things it throws at you. Don't worry too much. I'm getting my ass back together and gonna work on the translations as it seems like it hasn't been worked on since the last time I touched it. Though don't expect it to come any time soon though... I'll try to make progress on it whenever I can (aka whenever I feel like doing it >.>) but it seems like I have a decent amount of work to do before it is complete.

Once again, I am not an official translator, my role is so that people who first encounter LonaRPG will be able to enjoy it as much as possible without dealing with the broken "ingrish" moments that takes the player out of the emersion of this game.
I will, as always, prioritize the official translations as I am translating from the Korean Patch which can lead to some misinterpretation.

Hopefully I'll be able to get it done by the end of the week but that is a big if... Also been hooked with Resident Evil 4 Remake Recently... Fk I need to finish my RE2 parody too... Oh well... I'll get it done eventually :3
I think...

On the side note- I will once again ask the community to please send me screenshots of untranslated bits, broken bits, "ingrish" bits, etc. This will help me figure out what files I need to change/work on (tbh I kinda already have a source that tells me all the changes made to the files but some help would still be much appreciated :3). I also do not have time to play test my own translations because, I'll be frank with you, I do not want to waste my time on LonaRPG when I have so many other things I want to do/ have to do.

For any updates of the unofficial translation I do, I always include a change log of all the things I've changed, updated, and translated. If you have any questions, feel free to @ me on this forum. I may or may not respond :V

With that all said, I'm going to masturbate myself to sleep :V

dragon337111

Mar 16, 2018
The whip is definitely useful against the parasites. Explosives are also great, they just weigh a lot. But be extra careful in the wastelands of the northeast. The monsters and maps are a whole different ballgame.
Berserk sword is also viable in dealing with them.

I was missing 1/3 of my stamina at the start so thats is why I was so easily out of it at the end. Nothing that a few quick naps wont fix anyway.

Apr 26, 2020
In this community's best opinion, what ver. of Lona would you all say is the best
You mean personality or playstyle? White Lona best Lona, and I'm biased towards shy/nymphomaniac. A small girl shouldn't be tough. For playstyle I prefer a huntress type of approach with traps and heavy weapon attacks on stunned enemies. Too bad a lot of the weapons are locked via personality/traits. Why can't shy Lona use a bow anyway? Tough Lona should be for melee weapons.

D.B.Bang

Aug 6, 2020
You mean personality or playstyle? White Lona best Lona, and I'm biased towards shy/nymphomaniac. A small girl shouldn't be tough. For playstyle I prefer a huntress type of approach with traps and heavy weapon attacks on stunned enemies. Too bad a lot of the weapons are locked via personality/traits. Why can't shy Lona use a bow anyway? Tough Lona should be for melee weapons.
I thinks Cause we have guns, Timid Lona don't have enough combat skills to use the bow. I mean why magical need use bow?

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Berserk sword is also viable in dealing with them.

I was missing 1/3 of my stamina at the start so thats is why I was so easily out of it at the end. Nothing that a few quick naps wont fix anyway.
I know, but the other guy seems to be fairly new. I didn't want to spoil too many things for him, which is also why I left out the name of the region.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
In this community's best opinion, what ver. of Lona would you all say is the best
I don't know about best, but my favorite so far is my Magic Rifle Trapper. Gives you the versatility of being able to shoot enemies without hitting friendlies and triggering your traps by accident. Combined with all rags and the right hair, most enemies will try to fuck you because of high your weak is, making them easy to repeatedly lure into traps.

caseymj21

Sep 4, 2017
It's called Doom Mode for a reason. It's pretty much the game's Iron Man mode.
There's no such thing as Doom Mode Lite. Unless you count Hell Mode.

Thats uhh... really unsatisfying answer to my question. Anyone else actually helpful feel like answering? Theres a lot of features in Doom Mode that aren't available in Hell. Anyone else?

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Thats uhh... really unsatisfying answer to my question. Anyone else actually helpful feel like answering? Theres a lot of features in Doom Mode that aren't available in Hell. Anyone else?
You could manually copy the save files at the start of each game day or something.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
This simple mod prevents the save from being deleted, and also allows normal saves (no more permadeath)

Important Information:
Not compatible with any mod that overrides the functions being replaced, especially if this loads after those mods.

P.S: If someone wants to expand on this mod, they can do so without asking. I personally would just use Modular Cheat Mod to prevent dying in the first place, rather than use this approach.

Note: If an error occurs while the game is trying to save, the corrupted save will still be deleted.

EDIT: Update
  • Added - Save/Load buttons usable in DOOM mode.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 185 Votes