Velvetmonkey

Jul 26, 2018
Let's put it like this: I played through the game from the beginning as part of my testing for 0.19.0, and it took me two hours. I skipped all the text except for that which was new in this version. Unless you skip content or story, I would say most people might expect to spend anywhere between 5 and 8 hours on LLtP right now, probably closer to the larger number than the smaller.
494mb and 5-8 hours of playtime ? how though ? is this some kind of magic ?:D or no animations ? ecchi sensei is 9.5 gigs big and that was close to 5 hours-ish of playtime

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
494mb and 5-8 hours of playtime ? how though ? is this some kind of magic ?:D or no animations ? ecchi sensei is 9.5 gigs big and that was close to 5 hours-ish of playtime
There are limited animations (that have gotten better with time. I'll have to go back and update the earlier ones at some point) and almost 2400 images in the game.

What you're seeing in other games are developers who somehow think that they can't make a quality game if they don't put uncompressed PNG files in it. They either seem to think that high file size is a sign of excellence or that compressing images will make them look bad. Both conclusions would be wrong, but what can I do? I suspect this is a problem with adult game development in particular because there are so many devs here that haven't done any other game development before making their first adult game, so they don't really know what to expect or do.

I compress the images in this game to JPGs at the second highest quality level available to me. Unless you zoom in and directly compare the uncompressed PNG with the JPGs, you would never be able to tell the difference, yet it saves a ton of space.

Velvetmonkey

Jul 26, 2018
There are limited animations (that have gotten better with time. I'll have to go back and update the earlier ones at some point) and almost 2400 images in the game.

What you're seeing in other games are developers who somehow think that they can't make a quality game if they don't put uncompressed PNG files in it. They either seem to think that high file size is a sign of excellence or that compressing images will make them look bad. Both conclusions would be wrong, but what can I do? I suspect this is a problem with adult game development in particular because there are so many devs here that haven't done any other game development before making their first adult game, so they don't really know what to expect or do.

I compress the images in this game to JPGs at the second highest quality level available to me. Unless you zoom in and directly compare the uncompressed PNG with the JPGs, you would never be able to tell the difference, yet it saves a ton of space.
ah i see :D thanks for the insight ! that's hella impressive, damn 2400 images sounds crazy much. Ofc i wouldn't really know how many images other devs use but i notice a decent amount of re-usage for sure.

Alanthos

May 10, 2018
Version 0.19.0 is now out for patrons and can be downloaded .

You can now crack Evelyn's dark secret, romance her, and... well, I'll just let you see for yourself. Keep in mind that she won't be coming back if she has left town in your game, so if you want to see most of the new content, you need to load a save from before she left, or start a new game.

In any case, I strongly recommend starting over from scratch in this version. I usually don't do this, but because of the way this update is structured, you'll get the most out of it if the new content integrates itself with your game from the very beginning. You'll understand why once you play it, I suspect.
Yup, have to restart. I appreciate the effort you put into this game, and like that you try to not force restarts all the time. but having had to replay twice due to hard drive failures already, I think I might just have to wait for 2 or 3 more updates before grinding through stuff again... at least it will be different when I do.
-Alanthos

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
So it's not like Evelyn returns? It's only new stuff if you start again from the beginning?

That is a tad disappointing. I wasn't planning on starting all over again.

Is the new content at all worth it? Like it's not just a different luck for her, but the same story with only a few small changes?

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
So it's not like Evelyn returns? It's only new stuff if you start again from the beginning?

Is the new content at all worth it? Like it's not just a different luck for her, but the same story with only a few small changes?
If she's gone, she's gone.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Honestly, if you dont want to replay the whole game, just edit the variables of Evelyn leaving and play it.

Reactions: botc76

Dlite96

Nov 25, 2017
If she's gone, she's gone.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Honestly, if you dont want to replay the whole game, just edit the variables of Evelyn leaving and play it.
How do I do that? What do I type in? Also I didnt know that you can have Evelyn stay, wtf. Man I wish that walkthrough was up to date.....

7Spear

Nov 8, 2018

It was pretty clear what @Belle said when evelyn gone she will never return.so don't confess yet until you found her darkest secret and use remove inhibition to convince her there is nothing wrong with incest.after that you can confess

Reactions: Kick In The Nuts

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
It was pretty clear what @Belle said when evelyn gone she will never return.so don't confess yet until you found her darkest secret and use remove inhibition to convince her there is nothing wrong with incest.after that you can confess
Without spoiling anything too specific about how this mechanic works, I still want to point out that this whole thing has evolved into more than just a black & white situation in 0.19. It is possible to confess to Evelyn before solving her dark secret and still end up romancing her, but the moment you admit your feelings, a ticking clock begins working in the background, forcing you to be very careful after that if you're not going to chase her away (though the damage may already have been done before you confessed, in which case it works just like before). This was always how it was intended to work (in fact, the code was always set up this way), but there wasn't enough Evelyn content before to make it visible to the player.

Dlite96

Nov 25, 2017
Wanna shoot me a save :D

lumley

Aug 28, 2017
Boyos and gals, i'm stuck at the famliy record section as well. Please, don't mock me and drop some pointers, 'kay?.. Thanks

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes