WTFosaurus

Aug 11, 2018
The walkthrough states "Merek’s tea was poisoned. He must have smelled it, but drank it anyway. Was it a play for Primrose’s benefit?" but even though you have the general clue "Merek was poisoned" using it on Primrose breaks the spell rather then completing it so clearly you have a more specific clue that "Merek tea was poisoned" to find but I have no idea on how to find it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just ran through it. This order works. The first sentence of the last clue was just on the back end of the clue before. I'll update the walkthrough a little later.

Nov 9, 2017

Just ran through it. This order works. The first sentence of the last clue was just on the back end of the clue before. I'll update the walkthrough a little later.
I just replayed this and it does not work. Here is what I get:
MC: Clue selected - The killer had a key, or someone with a key gave him or her access (previous two passed)

And you told me yourself there are only two keys you had both at the time of the murder
In other words either you murdered Merek yourself, or let who ever did it inside
Which is it Primrose?

Primrose: 1..! don't...

MC - more details ends with "Why don't you just tell me what happened? Please?"

Primrose: I don't believe you. What evidence could Sammera have to show that?

MC: So it has come down to this, huh? The moment of the crime itself. Very Well. The evidence Sammera has to show you did this personally is this...

(Clue selection appears) Select Truthsayer Merek was poisoned.

Primrose: Is that all? That hardly incriminates me in Merek's murder.

MC: Err...I doesn't? (failure dialogue follows)

Note I play the PC version through Wine on my Mac and other VNs done this way either don't run at all (very very few) or they run just as they were coded for the PC so something is clearly wonked. (I have fiddled with the save file but it shouldn't break things like this as I only gave myself more money and time)

I have had this piece of weirdness happen before when something was wonked with my version of game (The original Alone in the Dark 2) and someone had to send a save file to by pass a glitch in the game I was having.

Een Vieze Vent

Aug 5, 2017
@Belle Maybe you already know about this but after establishing the MC's love relationship with Evelyn and after having sex with her you get the following dialogue while fingering her pussy while she sleeps. Just a little thing :) Keep up the great work!

Wut.jpg

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
@Belle Maybe you already know about this but after establishing the MC's love relationship with Evelyn and after having sex with her you get the following dialogue while fingering her pussy while she sleeps. Just a little thing :) Keep up the great work!

View attachment 283627
Yeah, I know. Yours is the 4th report I've had about this. I'm going to fix it (eventually), but it requires new renders.

Edit: Actually, I just checked and realized that I made the necessary renders ages ago. That removes the biggest obstacle towards getting this fixed.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
I just replayed this and it does not work. Here is what I get:
MC: Clue selected - The killer had a key, or someone with a key gave him or her access (previous two passed)

And you told me yourself there are only two keys you had both at the time of the murder
In other words either you murdered Merek yourself, or let who ever did it inside
Which is it Primrose?

Primrose: 1..! don't...

MC - more details ends with "Why don't you just tell me what happened? Please?"

Primrose: I don't believe you. What evidence could Sammera have to show that?

MC: So it has come down to this, huh? The moment of the crime itself. Very Well. The evidence Sammera has to show you did this personally is this...

(Clue selection appears) Select Truthsayer Merek was poisoned.

Primrose: Is that all? That hardly incriminates me in Merek's murder.

MC: Err...I doesn't? (failure dialogue follows)
That failed because it isn't the correct final clue. The correct final clue is that Merek drank the tea, even though he knew that there was something wrong with it.

Nov 9, 2017
That failed because it isn't the correct final clue. The correct final clue is that Merek drank the tea, even though he knew that there was something wrong with it.
Not a glitch.
Sigh. Reread my original comment:

The walkthrough states "Merek’s tea was poisoned. He must have smelled it, but drank it anyway. Was it a play for Primrose’s benefit?" but even though you have the general clue "Merek was poisoned" using it on Primrose breaks the spell rather then completing it so clearly you have a more specific clue then "Merek tea was poisoned" to find but I have no idea on how to find it.

So back to my point how do you get the specific clue to replace the more general one?

WTFosaurus

Aug 11, 2018
So back to my point how do you get the specific clue to replace the more general one?
I don't need to reread your comment click the spoiler. I told you how to replace the clue. You haven't done something to unlock the correct clue. I told you what you need to do to unlock the correct clue.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
@Belle

No, it's not a trick question. I did not know. Last month v0.18 version was released here but it was not released this month. That's why I asked.
You may not realize this, but @Belle does not release the versions here (unless we somehow get to the public release and it hasn't shown up here). Belle is the developer. This is a pirate site. The versions that are released here are from some of Belle's patrons who share them with us. If someone hasn't shared the Android version, that means, well, that someone hasn't shared the Android version.

You can hope someone does, or wait until v0.20 is released and Belle uploads 0.19 here.

because789

Apr 17, 2019
Hi, all! I'm pretty sure this has been answered before somewhere in this thread, but I've looked for awhile without finding it. Dunno if this is actually a spoiler at this point, but I'll mark it as one, just in case.
On an unrelated note, @Belle, this game is terrific! The plot, dialogue, humor and art are all top-notch, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here.

Reactions: Belle

WTFosaurus

Aug 11, 2018
Hi, all! I'm pretty sure this has been answeredf before somewhere in this thread, but I've looked for awhile without finding it. Dunno if this is actually a spoiler at this point, but I'll mark it as one, just in case.
On an unrelated note, @Belle, this game is terrific! The plot, dialogue, humor and art are all top-notch, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here.
You can only get one of those per play through. They are mutually exclusive. Evelyn now has one of those as well but her other one is a lot easier to trigger.

Nov 9, 2017
I don't need to reread your comment click the spoiler. I told you how to replace the clue. You haven't done something to unlock the correct clue. I told you what you need to do to unlock the correct clue.
Sigh. I have done what you have stated. Here is what I have done:

Step one: select Guilty Primrose
Step two: go through dialog and select "Merek would have ended up bankrupting the library in a few months had he lived"
Step three: go through dialog and select "Primrose borrowed a book about poisons and magical reagents" Get clue "Primrose borrowed book on poisons after the murder" (it strangely doesn't show up in the selection for clues when it comes up)
Step four: go through dialog and select "The killer had a key, or someone with a key gave him or her access"

Yet despite following this sequence the only option I have going through dialog for the final part that is remotely related is "Truthsayer Merek was poisoned" (middle of second row). I have even provided a saved file at this last point. So what gives? Stuck.png Stuck.png

because789

Apr 17, 2019
You can only get one of those per play through. They are mutually exclusive. Evelyn now has one of those as well but her other one is a lot easier to trigger.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the info! The game really makes it sound (in multiple places -- see below) like more scenes are possible after the first one.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes