Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
On the other hand, you get a "new" character to explore. The new version of Evelyn should hopefully feel fresh and interesting enough to make people replay her story to see what's new and changed. So it's not simply wasted work.
well it would likely work as an additional motivation to use the New Game+ Feature once available... I think it's unlikely to many Players will restart their entire game just for that chance when a promissed feature like NG+ is more or less right around the corner.
But I still wish you the best of Luck or inspiration, you certainly haven't disapointed yet ;)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
well it would likely work as an additional motivation to use the New Game+ Feature once available... I think it's unlikely to many Players will restart their entire game just for that chance when a promissed feature like NG+ is more or less right around the corner.
But I still wish you the best of Luck or inspiration, you certainly haven't disapointed yet ;)
Well with the major changes to that character I suspect everyone will have to replay if want an ending with her or are currently on a path with an ending for her, unless you decided to let her disappear when you first found out about her feelings and made the wrong choice or right one depending on your feelings about that.

Nov 18, 2018
I liked Evelyn as she was. I'm sure I'll like Evelyn as she will be. I'm not hung up over incest. I don't demand it or decry it. If it's there, it's there. If it's not, it's not. Given that I like everything else (well, almost) about the game, I don't see why I shouldn't just wait for Belle to deliver. Given his track record, I'm sure it will be worth it.

Reactions: Antosha

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
The new Evelyn is progressing well. I haven't started writing her yet, but I've been mapping out her basic storyline and setting up every beat to match the existing beats. If I can pull this off correctly, I believe people will find her story to be both satisfying and delightfully naughty. This won't be a second-rate version of her. Both versions should be able to stand proudly on their own.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
On the other hand, you get a "new" character to explore. The new version of Evelyn should hopefully feel fresh and interesting enough to make people replay her story to see what's new and changed. So it's not simply wasted work.
Evelyn's story is not the only one that will need to be changed... Will it mean that the two sisters will no longer be sisters?

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Dragon59 I've honestly spent a few minutes trying to remember which girls in the game have a sister before I realized what you're talking about

personally I'd avoid talking about anything that Patreon might find bad except Evelyn for now. I don't want to accidentally give them any ideas on what else might need to be changed, creating more work for Belle and delaying the endgame even further. they don't necessarily play the game, so if they see someone posting a screenshot where MC says that Evelyn and Aldred are lovers, they don't know if this relationship is a part of the game or it's just your character saying stupid stuff. for any Patreon staff reading, it's the latter, right after this dialogue line Evelyn says that she hates incest as much as you guys do

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
I've seen other developers go the patch route, or even allowed a third party to do a patch. And Patreon have shut them down hard.
What are you talking about? Some of the most successful adult games on Patreon are thinly veiled incest games that just have some variables changed to "landlady" or whatever and then have an incest patch, like Summertime Saga.

Reactions: SomeoneX22

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
What are you talking about? Some of the most successful adult games on Patreon are thinly veiled incest games that just have some variables changed to "landlady" or whatever and then have an incest patch, like Summertime Saga.
And its easy for you to say that, but at the end of the day, you're not the one at risk of losing a sizeable source of income.

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
And its easy for you to say that, but at the end of the day, you're not the one at risk of losing a sizeable source of income.
The only cases of games getting in trouble for incest are if it's right there in the game without having to do anything or if you literally promote the incest patch on your Patreon like a retard. To my knowledge, there isn't a single case of a game getting banned from Patreon just for having an incest patch.

And how could there be? You can't hold devs accountable for what some weirdo mods into the game. I can make a mod right now replacing all the character's dialogue in the game with quotes from Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf, does that mean the dev is a Nazi? Should Patreon take action? As long as the dev isn't seen to be creating or endorsing such a modification there really isn't much they can do.

Now, you could argue most incest games are so thinly disguised that it's obvious that they are supposed to be incest games and obviously Patreon knows that too. Which just reinforces my point. They don't actually give a shit, as long as the incest isn't right there, hosted on their servers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thermophob

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
The only cases of games getting in trouble for incest are if it's right there in the game without having to do anything or if you literally promote the incest patch on your Patreon like a retard. To my knowledge, there isn't a single case of a game getting banned from Patreon just for having an incest patch.
I think you are right. There is case where MaimLain was suspended, but she got genial idea to post her incest patches on Patreon...

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Dragon59 I've honestly spent a few minutes trying to remember which girls in the game have a sister before I realized what you're talking about

personally I'd avoid talking about anything that Patreon might find bad except Evelyn for now. I don't want to accidentally give them any ideas on what else might need to be changed, creating more work for Belle and delaying the endgame even further. they don't necessarily play the game, so if they see someone posting a screenshot where MC says that Evelyn and Aldred are lovers, they don't know if this relationship is a part of the game or it's just your character saying stupid stuff. for any Patreon staff reading, it's the latter, right after this dialogue line Evelyn says that she hates incest as much as you guys do
That's one reason I merely said "the sisters," instead of naming them.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The new Evelyn is progressing well. I haven't started writing her yet, but I've been mapping out her basic storyline and setting up every beat to match the existing beats. If I can pull this off correctly, I believe people will find her story to be both satisfying and delightfully naughty. This won't be a second-rate version of her. Both versions should be able to stand proudly on their own.
I look forward to it. I was never much of a incest fan so i don't mind the change as much as others here may do. (y) :)

Reactions: gobbet

RoleDover

Dec 8, 2018
Thats very bad advice to give.

I've seen other developers go the patch route, or even allowed a third party to do a patch. And Patreon have shut them down hard.

Folks, Belle has a good head on their shoulders, they already have something planned for this kind of situation, lets not throw out advice unless its asked for.
I understand what you're saying, but you misunderstood me, I never gave such advice. I asked a question. The whole patch thing is in no way shape or form expected from the developer. Usually patches are made by other people, who are completely independent. Again I understand where you're coming from but I would never give advice to someone who knows everything about this better than myself, you seem to have inferred from my post that I was giving advice. I trust Belle wholeheartedly bro, i'm a patreon.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Belle I'm sure your new Evelyn 2.0 will give you an opportunity to add more to an already great game.

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Ah for the love...what is it with this week and me trying to catch up on games just to then suddenly see something bad has happened.
Starts to feel like a curse.

Not gonna lie,Evelyn´s background was a big draw to her character for me and no matter how well the rewrite will turn out,just aint gonna be the same(not to mention whatever other content Patreon might find offensable...you never now with them and their randomness).
Yeah,dunno what to even say to that at the moment.

Belle said plans are set so there is little value in coming up with alternatives but I guess I will spitball some of the possibilities anyway(if only to delude myself that Belle has something in the backhand aside from completely erasing old Evelyn as she was).

1.(Un)official patch - can always backfire if connections to the author get out,understandble Belle outright declines it
2.Unofficial patch - considering how tight LLtP´s narrative is,I dont see a simple role switch that many other projects use to work for new content
3.custom role insert - see 2. (also needless to say that most games that use it have to castrate their writing to accommodate,rather unsatisfying solution)
4.(Un)official patch post release - now this is actually a interesting solution that I have seen multiple creators promise(if only in private),though I guess that depends on whether the creator wants to keep that particular game listed on their patreon post release
5.stop being a baby and accept it - hnnnnnng at most you will get tolerance out of me

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Ah for the love...what is it with this week and me trying to catch up on games just to then suddenly see something bad has happened.
Starts to feel like a curse.

Not gonna lie,Evelyn´s background was a big draw to her character for me and no matter how well the rewrite will turn out,just aint gonna be the same(not to mention whatever other content Patreon might find offensable...you never now with them and their randomness).
Yeah,dunno what to even say to that at the moment.
If "Mind Control" is ever prohibited, that will hit a lot of games. Likewise for molestation of people sleeping and other non-consensual acts.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Belle already said they will not put their patreon income at risk. So give up on any "patch".
I trust Belle to make up a new interesting story for Evelyn.

On the bright side if Belle ever wants to sell this game on Steam now it will likely be easier. :p

ps:
Now i realize i don't know if Belle is a boy, a girl or a eldritch being. Well back to them/they pronoums. :unsure::LOL:

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes