dkatryl

May 26, 2018
Man, just caught up in all the Patreon stuff. Pretty shitty, all around.

But also pretty interesting you were *thiiiiiiis* close to finishing the main quest before it happened! Lol

Frue

Feb 5, 2019
Whatever gave you the impression that I might give up?
Eh? I dont means about it, apologize with that..

There's no need to try to think of a way for me to solve things. I was already prepared for this, as I said. While I still have to tweak a few details, I know what I'm going to do with Evelyn, and it should be every bit as interesting as her original incarnation.
Her original incarnation ? @@"

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Eh? I dont means about it, apologize with that..

Her original incarnation ? @@"
The original is her being his sister. Well now she will have to become unrelated to MC, not related through any form of adoption, living together since childhood or married or whatever Patreon might even think could be considered incestuous, she will need to get another relation to MC and why they interact together or could be attracted to eachother that still keeps the fact intact she is someone that MC should not be interested in to keep same kind of role in the game.

SubtleHustle

May 11, 2017
they do. they also have a lawyer department that can explain why whatever is in their shows is necessary to tell a story, most devs don't have that kind of time and money and would rather replace "offensive" content than argue with Patreon and risk being taken down.

Oh, DA22 sig reminds me, didn't Wicked Choices dev somehow convince Patreon that their story falls under Patreon's "allowed fiction" exception?

So what the creators need is some kind of creative "union" that can pool money for lawyers? I'm just thinking about all the questionable content that can be found in fiction over, I don't know, the last 100 years. I'm sure there were publishers that refused to publish some works and I'm also sure there were publishers that would publish those same works just because of the risque nature of the fiction. There's some Stephen King shit that would have never seen the light of day(I'm thinking about some parts of IT).

Bottom line is, Patreon says it was created to help creators finance their work, but only creative work (((they))) approve of. That's not helping creativity, that's stifling it.

Sorry about the patreon rant. I wonder if we had a platform that accepted crypto as a form of payment for creators would improve things. Sure would eliminate the censorious CC networks and Paypal.

Keep up the good work Belle, I love the game!

Reactions: DA22

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Sorry about the patreon rant. I wonder if we had a platform that accepted crypto as a form of payment for creators would improve things. Sure would eliminate the censorious CC networks and Paypal.
I'm sure people would be lining up to pay with cryptocurrency. It's such a user-friendly payment method, after all.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm sure people would be lining up to pay with cryptocurrency. It's such a user-friendly payment method, after all.
Yeah, that is part of the problem, the easy and safest payment options are monopolized, if forget about the European Ideal system of the banks, by paypall and credit card companies.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So what the creators need is some kind of creative "union" that can pool money for lawyers? I'm just thinking about all the questionable content that can be found in fiction over, I don't know, the last 100 years. I'm sure there were publishers that refused to publish some works and I'm also sure there were publishers that would publish those same works just because of the risque nature of the fiction.
sure they could hire lawyer but they'd need to be quite sure of victory since if they lost they'd need to pay hefty sum (if for example patreon has few 100k expenses then it's big summ to pay even if there's 100 payers).

history tells that there has been several bans/censorships for not allowed literature, movies with nudity not allowed to be shown anywhere officially, comic books couldn't show certain things (sex (incl, nudity, rape, etc), real horror, etc), etc (it's quite a long list) and even nowadays nudity in tv/movies isn't that allowed in america etc.

TESLAPAST

Sep 6, 2020
Hi I have an issue. I am playing v32 but I am on Day 49 morning however i dont know if itñs a bug but on Day 36 afternoon I din´t have the option: ask about family records.

Also I am not able to have sex with evelyn because I have not been able to solve Evelyn´s darkness secret. I am gettting a meesage when I invite her mind about: I don´t have the knowledge I need to get through her and I am not able to know how to resolve this :(

Thank you in advance for your help and time.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
The bible contains incest.
It should be banned from sales at any location that accepts paypal or credit cards.
that so won't happen at any day.

Hi I have an issue. I am playing v32 but I am on Day 49 morning however i dont know if itñs a bug but on Day 36 afternoon I din´t have the option: ask about family records.

Also I am not able to have sex with evelyn because I have not been able to solve Evelyn´s darkness secret. I am gettting a meesage when I invite her mind about: I don´t have the knowledge I need to get through her and I am not able to know how to resolve this :(

Thank you in advance for your help and time.
you need to read those family records (library) and talk to uncle too. reading walkthrough helps.

Reactions: TESLAPAST

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
I don't check this thread in a long time and the first time I do I see this news about Patreon. Good grief it felt like a punch in the gut. I am not sure I would continue with a future version if the Patreon version is the only one available in the future. As much as I love the story it just wouldn't be the same for me. Oh man this is sad.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I don't check this thread in a long time and the first time I do I see this news about Patreon. Good grief it felt like a punch in the gut. I am not sure I would continue with a future version if the Patreon version is the only one available in the future. As much as I love the story it just wouldn't be the same for me. Oh man this is sad.
I've already canceled my subscription on Patreon and have renewed my patronage on SubscribeStar.
EDIT: Belle is up to 39 subscribers on SubscribeStar. A long way to go, but it is rising. I think it was 27 when Belle received word from Patreon.

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
That's a good thing though isn't it? It will be simple to create an unofficial patch because the content is there to be patched in. If this happened earlier this may not have been possible.
Well being watched it will be impossible for Belle to do it if she even would want to take the risk, which she answered with a nope for completely valid reasons from her pov. For an evil modder it will take at least a few weeks to make that patch from scratch as it is also taking Belle that long to rework it and she has to change a lot of code as shown in her last patreon post. So that will have to be an incredibly passionate modder that also will have to work out how Belle was planning to do last parts of game originally. So even if someone like that would come along, do not expect so for a few months.

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
For an evil modder it will take at least a few weeks to make that patch from scratch as it is also taking Belle that long to rework it and she has to change a lot of code as shown in her last patreon post. [...]
So even if someone like that would come along, do not expect so for a few months.
Weeks? Belle said the change is going to be suprisingly small and will hopefully only take a few days:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It doubt it will take more than a day to create a patched version. The code is seperated by character, as in all of Evelyn stuff is in a file callled evelyn.rpy. In addition to that, Belle wrote out all variables and what they mean at the beginning of every script. It's like a beautiful homework assingment waiting to be turned in.

Here's what I see a patch needs to do:
- replace the new file with the old evelyn.rpy
- check if there are entirely new lines of code in evelyn.rpy, add those and change them if they refer to their new realtionship.
- check for differences in the other files (like tutorial.rpy and progression_scripts.rpy) with a text editor that can compare files and change those back.

Or probably even easier:
- download original version of 0.32
- download the upcoming patreon-approved version of 0.32
- download the upcoming 0.33 with endgame part 3
- Compare the new 0.32 and 0.33 for new additions
- add those additions to the old 0.32 and change anything that warrants a change regarding Evelyn's and MC's relationship.
(This may be more tricky if 0.33 uses variables that don't exist in the original 0.32, but again it should be really easy to find the counterparts in Belle's code.)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Weeks? Belle said the change is going to be suprisingly small and will hopefully only take a few days:

It doubt it will take more than a day to create a patched version. The code is seperated by character, as in all of Evelyn stuff is in a file callled evelyn.rpy. In addition to that, Belle wrote out all variables and what they mean at the beginning of every script. It's like a beautiful homework assingment waiting to be turned in.

Here's what I see a patch needs to do:
- replace the new file with the old evelyn.rpy
- check if there are entirely new lines of code in evelyn.rpy, add those and change them if they refer to their new realtionship.
- check for differences in the other files (like tutorial.rpy and progression_scripts.rpy) with a text editor that can compare files and change those back.

Or probably even easier:
- download original version of 0.32
- download the upcoming patreon-approved version of 0.32
- download the upcoming 0.33 with endgame part 3
- Compare the new 0.32 and 0.33 for new additions
- add those additions to the old 0.32 and change anything that warrants a change regarding Evelyn's and MC's relationship.
(This may be more tricky if 0.33 uses variables that don't exist in the original 0.32, but again it should be really easy to find the counterparts in Belle's code.)
I hope you are right, but in her Patreon post it did not sound so easy or fast for her. :)

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
I hope you are right, but in her Patreon post it did not sound so easy or fast for her. :)
The good things is we mostly only need to replace things, not rewrite them.
If no one else steps up, I'll see what I can do. We'll see if I'm just spewing nonsense.:p
Of course anything I may do is not endorsed by or affiliated with Belle.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The good things is we mostly only need to replace things, not rewrite them.
If no one else steps up, I'll see what I can do. We'll see if I'm just spewing nonsense.:p
Of course anything I may do is not endorsed by or affiliated with Belle.
Of course.

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes