landeaux

Sep 26, 2017
The thing with not reading the letter is more just for an easter egg. If you opt to NOT read the letter, Belle admits the reason she wants you to look at is is because she's unable to read herself. The "Belle can't read" clue doesn't really have any bearing on the story, but does get mentioned a couple times. You need to read the letter to get the clue for Callie's small secret.

Reactions: User_32285

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I see some feedback from people who feel like this update was too dark or punished romance options, and similar sentiments. I just want to let you all know that I hear you. This type of content is a necessity to give choices and consequences weight in this game, and I will continue to add "bad ends" for individual stories here and there as we go on. However, the mistake I realize that I made with this update was to put two such parts in at the same time with not much lighter content to balance it. I will avoid doing that in the future, so whenever more sad content gets added, I'll try to add something happier/hotter in the same update to lighten the mood.

To be clear, I won't be changing any actual content based on this feedback, but I will change in which order I develop it.

If it's any consolation, the next few updates should be far more uplifting. :)

don't know if anyone else noticed (lazy day not re-reading previous posts) but the walky has things on day 2 and 3 that are not possible when starting new game. sis not there at home afternoon day 2 and courage training where???day 3

yes that's right....3 question marks....its that kind of day :D
I was forced to change Evelyn's schedule in this update because it was hardcoded before, and she ran out after about two weeks. Her schedule now lasts for perpetuity, but it does affect some of the assumptions that the walkthrough makes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good catch! It's supposed to say "since the King died" but I messed it up. I've already fixed the script, and the next version of the game will have the correct wording.

I can't for the life of me figure out where to actually apply level 3 courage after training for the second time with Thaddeus. I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious, but has anyone found an option that even requires more than the first point in courage?

Also, by admitting my feelings for Evelyn BEFORE breaking things up between her and Thaddeus, I never got the sex scene with her, and thus she stuck around. This is probably unintended, as it sounds like you meant that piece of dialogue to be the trigger for Evelyn leaving. At least in the current version.
Courage 3 is only used for admitting your love at the moment. I will move many requirements around as development continues though. Many currently available options are going to be harder to do in the future (and some maybe the other way around. We'll see.)

Depending on how you handle the Evelyn/Thaddeus situation, you might not get Evelyn's sex scene. This is by design. Her scene will have additional requirements in future versions, mostly in that you'll need to actually romance her to trigger it as well as keep her somewhat sexually frustrated. Since you can't do that right now, I relaxed the requirements for this version.

-Why was the MC so cavalier about his sister's purity, but when it came to Primrose he just started "drilling for oil" without hesitation? I just thought that was kind of odd. I don't recall her mentioning the status of her maidenhead.
I'm assuming you started fingering Evelyn at night without first uncovering the virginity clue. I didn't want to get into a situation where I'd have to write a scene for the MC accidentally ripping her maidenhead during sleep molestation, so I wrote a flimsy excuse instead. That's what you're seeing. The excuse seems less flimsy if you've discovered her small secret before you do this.

-Is the romantic relationship with Evelyn vital or necessary to further plot development (even in later releases)? Don't get me wrong she's fine, BUT Belle, Primrose, and Nell are definitely cuter- considering the eventual time limit.
No, it's not vital or necessary. It will affect the endgame, but it shouldn't be a requirement for a good ending. Not all of this is set in stone yet, though.

Uhhm do old saves work or do I have to start over?
Old saves still work. Well, it depends on how old those saves are. Anything from before 0.3 won't work.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
Tweaked and improved a selection of early renders that weren't up to the standards of images made since then.
Is there a list of those? Because I did notice a few that were quite mediocre, namely Merek's.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Is there a list of those? Because I did notice a few that were quite mediocre, namely Merek's.
There's no list, but it was mostly just renders of Evelyn that were updated in this version, and also some night renders outside. I'm actually quite pleased with the Merek renders.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
There's no list, but it was mostly just renders of Evelyn that were updated in this version, and also some night renders outside. I'm actually quite pleased with the Merek renders.
I don't know, they look weird to me, but I did notice some of Evelyn as well, happy to see them updated. I also noticed your change to Nell's post handjob line. Nice!

guigo545

Apr 28, 2017
How do you get to start to train courage? I follow the walkthrough and only agility and charisma increased.
Any help, Thanks!

guigo545

Apr 28, 2017
Where to train courage and perversity? I go to town hall and there is no one there to train.
I follow the walkthrough and it does not give all the choices available.
Any help thanks.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Modern day panties in a medieval enviroment take away from the fantasy, and that also greater boner killer. Don't listen to him Belle!
Why can't everyone just accept that the panties in question were made by Callie, she could be the Madame Curie of Britches. It does say that she "is the source of the high-quality lingerie in town". Problem solved: Callie is a pioneer/entrepreneur she pushed women's fashion ahead by centuries.

Thank you for answering my questions Belle (it's like virtually meeting your idol).
As far as the "I'm assuming you started fingering Evelyn at night without first ...", I hope you didn't think that I meant to make it seem like it was glaring error- I really wasn't to keen on the idea of fondling dear ol' Sis after being introduced to Primrose (and then Callie, but we all know her tragic story). :) So, I'm guessing I kind of did things out of logical order or maybe I just forgot when the Primrose thing "opened up" at night. (Get it? Y'know, because you open... oh, nvm.)

Could someone make a more detailed account of how to reveal Evelyn's Large Secret? The post(s), while useful, don't seem to be working for moi. As I don't know how to do a "Spoiler Box", now would be a good time to stop reading this.
I do the "Invade Mind" thing and get her under the spell then show her the Symbol and the researched library book (and vice versa) and both times she just says, "Oh, I didn't expect you to say that." and then the spell ends. Is there another clue or item that you have to find first to get this to work properly? I've pretty much searched everywhere and everything with all stats as maxed as they can be at the moment.

I really hope that there is a side-quest to teach Belle to read in the future- she looks adorable with her little (yes, we know anachronistic) nerd-goggles.

P.S. More Belle!

Reactions: Darkaura and Belle
4.60 star(s) 376 Votes