Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Are we talking mini-game or full blown solo-CCG/deckbuilder/cardpuzzle rpg/elaborate Zachtronics-like Solitaire variant?
Anyway, once you need more playtesters to hammer away at its mechanics, you know where to find us ;)
Full solo CCG (inspired by LCG, mostly) where you can only buy cards with in-game resources, not with real money.

Chrononaut

Feb 6, 2021
Some of the clues for the Crone's secret are extremely non-obvious and easy to miss. You must:
- Having read about the royal family, ask Thaddeus about it.
- Automatically learn something about Belle when you follow Evelyn at night
- Visit the The Leanan Sidhe for a third time.
- Visit the river in the afternoon

Once you've done all that, and gotten all the Crone's training, you will have all the clues you need. Which ones to present in what order are pretty clearly hinted at in the dialogue.
- Having read about the royal family, ask Thaddeus about it. (can't talk to Thaddeus again... he's never free)
- Automatically learn something about Belle when you follow Evelyn at night (probably done in past updates, can't remember. I can't find this opportunity any more)
- Visit the The Leanan Sidhe for a third time. (done, they are gone now. Pretty sure I've already done it 3 times)
- Visit the river in the afternoon (done too)

What now? I could possibly already have the clues, but I can't remember the order. Can you (or anyone else) help?

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Ive already seen it and its a guide not a walkthrough, Im wishing for a walkthrough
WTF? Seriously? If you've looked at my guide, you might have noticed that I link to two walkthroughs right up at the top. They're incredibly hard to follow, but they exist and I provide links so you don't even have to google "long live the princess walkthrough," which will also provide you with links to both of those walkthroughs on the first page of results.

Last edited:
Reactions: Panda Sarcástico

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
- Having read about the royal family, ask Thaddeus about it. (can't talk to Thaddeus again... he's never free)
- Automatically learn something about Belle when you follow Evelyn at night (probably done in past updates, can't remember. I can't find this opportunity any more)
- Visit the The Leanan Sidhe for a third time. (done, they are gone now. Pretty sure I've already done it 3 times)
- Visit the river in the afternoon (done too)

What now? I could possibly already have the clues, but I can't remember the order. Can you (or anyone else) help?
1. Thaddeus is free whenever you see Evelyn at home in the afternoon on the map screen.
2. If you have solved Evelyn's large secret, then you have the clue about Belle.

Cast the spell and read the dialogue. For the Crone's secret, the game's dialogue gives you pretty explicit hints as to what clues you need to present in what order. If you screw up, then use the page up key to go back and try a different clue.

If you are really, truly unable to figure it out, and willing to spoil the game experience, then the relevant section of the walkthrough at will help. You'll need to search inside the page to find the correct bit.

Last edited:

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
1. Thaddeus is free whenever you see Evelyn at home in the afternoon on the map screen.
Expanding on this a bit, sometimes Evelyn is near the training grounds in the morning. If she is, you can ask her to meet at home for lunch, which will force her to be there. Missing the lunch date doesn't cause any issues with her as far as I can tell.

Cuntmaster69

Mar 27, 2019
Hey I am in NG+ and apparently the panties quest from thaddeus was for gaining courage. What is the trigger though? Because going to Thaddeus only lets me ask about clues. I cant finish the invade mind on Callie without the panties quest.

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Hey I am in NG+ and apparently the panties quest from thaddeus was for gaining courage. What is the trigger though? Because going to Thaddeus only lets me ask about clues. I cant finish the invade mind on Callie without the panties quest.
I'm pretty sure that quest still happened for me in NG+ even with full Courage, but that said, how is that related to solving Callie's invade mind?

Cuntmaster69

Mar 27, 2019
I'm pretty sure that quest still happened for me in NG+ even with full Courage, but that said, how is that related to solving Callie's invade mind?
You need callie's panties to prove that she makes high quality lingerie or something like that. I just remember that there was a clue for her panties and I just can't seem to get that clue no matter what i do.

Kingkela

Oct 5, 2020
Why all pusies Pubic are SHAVED.... I don’t think they had razor to do that and eye bros,,, >>>> May be look for 300 BC models... stop mixing up

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Why all pusies Pubic are SHAVED.... I don’t think they had razor to do that and eye bros,,, >>>> May be look for 300 BC models... stop mixing up
When you think that way, they didn't have pixies, elves, female knights (ok, there was Joan of Arc, but she was more leader of national resistance, than actual fighter).... ;) It's fantasy. Just relax. And for the record, men were certainly shaving in 15th century, and back to 300 bc too. So, technology existed, even if women didn't apply it.

Aug 7, 2018
You need callie's panties to prove that she makes high quality lingerie or something like that. I just remember that there was a clue for her panties and I just can't seem to get that clue no matter what i do.
You get that one by asking her for a private fashion show in the afternoon and staying put while she changes. Repeat with her various outfits and you'll eventually find some high quality lingerie while waiting, which gives you the clue.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
You do realise that a razor is nothing but a sliver of metal and that most towns had a blacksmith. Hell, everyone had a knife on them for everyday use.

Below is a razor from the 15th century. And do excuse the pitted state its in, it hasn't been used in nearly 600 years.
1658246184162.png

Or do you believe that people didn't groom themselves until the 20th century? Because I got news for you. This is a razor that is in storage at the British Museum. Its from the Bronze age, making it somewhere between 2500 and 3000 years old.
1658246337057.png

But wait, you want to go back to the Stone Age! Okay! Because guess what, this is a piece of obsidian, a volcanic stone and famous for have a very sharp edge, to the point of some hospitals use obsidian scalpels for delicate surgery, due to the smoother incision promoting healthier recovery. Its also believed that during the Stone Age, humans used flint or obsidian for grooming because they were less likely to cause injury.
1658246735742.png

Chrononaut

Feb 6, 2021
Expanding on this a bit, sometimes Evelyn is near the training grounds in the morning. If she is, you can ask her to meet at home for lunch, which will force her to be there. Missing the lunch date doesn't cause any issues with her as far as I can tell.
Thanks. I shall try again (y)

masure

Aug 22, 2021
"The church is now accessible from the beginning of the game,"

How to go to the church? I don't see it on the map

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
"The church is now accessible from the beginning of the game,"

How to go to the church? I don't see it on the map
Did you skip the opening sentence of the paragraph you lifted that quote from? It reads: "The real meat of this update can be found only in New Game Plus."

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

XDAB

Jul 18, 2022
First question: Alive, I guess. It's up to your interpretation.
Second question: Huh? I'm not even sure what you're asking here. In any case, there will be no more sidequests, at least not for a long time. We're almost at 1.00 now.
Belle Aww, yes about the second question i understand what you mean, but it is also true who while Belle hepled to create a dinamic in the game, even in the romance with her ending there are many things "unsolved" or in wich there is a lot of potential, as it barely mention her life, besides superficial issues. In short i was refering to an "interaction", where you can tell things to Belle based on options, in wich it will be good, normal or bad for her.
On the first, yes i got it Belle is unsnuffable yet the demon forgets about her for his harem despite being able to enslave Nell Thorn and even Erato?

radoxthegreen

Oct 26, 2019
Just finished my first playthrough, really nice game, even though with all the mind invading and sleep molesting I couldn't help thinking "are we the baddies"? We don't see MC's clothes so can't see whether any of them have skulls on though.

In particular the game gets all of the basics right, which so many don't. The informational stuff is all neatly tucked away in the corners for a nice clean GUI and the to do list and character icons on the map take away nearly all of the pain that sandboxy games are prone too. The clue presentation system works really well too and makes the whole thing much more immersive.

Answering the question a few pages back, I was ready for endgame around turn 55, but didn't realise it. After much faff I realised that I hadn't in fact tried what turned out to be the correct clue order for the FQ vision, even though I was sure I had, and similarly for convincing Evelyn that incest is OK for the last charisma point.

This may have been asked before, but what happens if you reject Belle when the Crone shrinks you? I haven't dared click the option as I sort of assume that it will not only be an instant Bad End but also it will auto-delete the game and send an email to everyone in your address book saying "I am a heartless monster".

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes