HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
eh, in harem games you hit a point of diminishing returns honestly. For a while new LIs are nice, but after a while if you keep adding them people will lose interest. Either the og ones don't get enough screen time, or the new ones don't. There will be less and less time for character and relationship development if you have to juggle 20+ of them. Just look at WVM, I don't even know how many girls there are in that game and I honestly don't care for like 80% of them, game is off the rails. Even in this game there are girls that got introduced early like Twila or Oxana and stuff didn't progress with them in any meaningful way while new LIs were added. That's my take on it anyway.
i agree to many will give deminishing returns, but WVM isn't the best example as it isn't really a top tier avn aside from the dev drama on that one the MC is written like a chump and the story features a lot trans content and all girls are whit the MC because he makes em forget about their sob story's

not a lot off the harem games reach the "to much" threshold better examples would be grandma's house or more up incoming titles like the fiery scion and desire of fate (which both seem to be getting a quite extensive roster for LI's)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
not a lot off the harem games reach the "to much" threshold better examples would be grandma's house or more up incoming titles like the fiery scion and desire of fate (which both seem to be getting a quite extensive roster for LI's)
eh even Grandmas is pretty meh for me... again there is no character development or plot to speak of. Every update is the same. MC goes and fucks a couple of girls, rinse and repeat. Literally nothing else happens in the game. At least LRH has an actual story that goes somewhere.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
eh, in harem games you hit a point of diminishing returns honestly. For a while new LIs are nice, but after a while if you keep adding them people will lose interest. Either the og ones don't get enough screen time, or the new ones don't. There will be less and less time for character and relationship development if you have to juggle 20+ of them. Just look at WVM, I don't even know how many girls there are in that game and I honestly don't care for like 80% of them, game is off the rails. Even in this game there are girls that got introduced early like Twila or Oxana and stuff didn't progress with them in any meaningful way while new LIs were added. That's my take on it anyway.

Oh ye of little faith... :sneaky:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
not a lot off the harem games reach the "to much" threshold better examples would be grandma's house or more up incoming titles like the fiery scion and desire of fate
I don't mind FS. Yeah the MC has a ridiculously large harem, but there's a handywavy plot point that explains why, and there's an actual ongoing broader narrative besides "MC fucks a bunch of girls". Something it has in common with LRH.

eh even Grandmas is pretty meh for me... again there is no character development or plot to speak of
GH originally had the benefit of being a comedy/parody at least, but yeah it has really jumped the shark at this point. It's heavily relying on holding back nana to keep subscribers on the hook for as long as possible. I suppose a point in its favour is its regular updates. Albeit typically nothing of note actually happens in a given episode as you said. I think once Amy finally gets the sword I'll probably shelve it.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Yeh my mistake or was it.
I could of just been checking to see if there was any other PEDANTIC old or not so old farts around.;)
Yeah... I definitely believe you are sneaky and subtle enough... but, not this time, bro... since you used the same spelling here:
...So being the padantic old fart that I am I had no choice but to rib you and point out.
That you can't of been consistently picking Blue on that playthrough if you then had sex with Angie as thats a red choice:devilish:...
Hehe... That brings the gotcha score to mot 1 LWtbo 0 :p:devilish::giggle:

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
It seems to be a reoccurring theme. (Completely my fault :oops:)

I cut this out of a response I made last year pertaining to the harem getting out of hand. Most new people checking out the thread won't look back more than a few pages. I should make a statement and have it pinned to the OP.

In an effort to tell an expansive story exposing MC to the biking culture, I created a lot of encounters with other characters and NPCs. Again, I've stated ad nauseam, that not every girl encountered in the game is intended to be a LI or even a side piece.

I'm a sucker for a good-looking woman so my default is to plug one into a scene even if it is a one-off NPC. Hell, even when I've purposely made an NPC homely or frumpy to make them undesirable, someone will ask, "hey, when do we get fuck her?" (i.e. Karen the bank teller way back in episode 3 or 4.) :ROFLMAO:

As far as girls being forgot, I have formed the cast for at minimum Chapter Two and likely a third. They will all get their screen time.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
It seems to be a reoccurring theme. (Completely my fault :oops:)

I cut this out of a response I made last year pertaining to the harem getting out of hand. Most new people checking out the thread won't look back more than a few pages. I should make a statement and have it pinned to the OP.
My 2 cents:

Yeah, it's a recurring question/comment/complaint but, it recurs in nearly every harem AVN out there. In some it may be somewhat justified but, mostly not. Definitely not here and you can bet your ass that anyone getting too insistent, abrasive, ignorant about it is going to get shouted down in a hurry.

An OP disclaimer saying, "There are a lot of hot women that MC will have intimate relations with but, only some of them will make the harem", could be helpful as something you and the regulars can point to rather than engaging in the same conversation ad infinitum, ad nauseum. Will it reduce the number of those type comments? Maybe. By a significant amount? Likely not.

The bottom line is this: LRH is one of the top AVN's out there and still getting better. 90% of the folks that try it; love it. The other 10% can, should and will (eventually) just go away.

Jus' Sayin':cool:

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Yeah... I definitely believe you are sneaky and subtle enough... but, not this time, bro... since you used the same spelling here:
:unsure:Very true m8 and yet
You are prosuming that I didn't do it a second time because no one bit the first time.... or did I? :devilish:.

• Haha
Reactions: motseer

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
My 2 cents:

Yeah, it's a recurring question/comment/complaint but, it recurs in nearly every harem AVN out there. In some it may be somewhat justified but, mostly not. Definitely not here and you can bet your ass that anyone getting too insistent, abrasive, ignorant about it is going to get shouted down in a hurry.

An OP disclaimer saying, "There are a lot of hot women that MC will have intimate relations with but, only some of them will make the harem", could be helpful as something you and the regulars can point to rather than engaging in the same conversation ad infinitum, ad nauseum. Will it reduce the number of those type comments? Maybe. By a significant amount? Likely not.

The bottom line is this: LRH is one of the top AVN's out there and still getting better. 90% of the folks that try it; love it. The other 10% can, should and will (eventually) just go away.

Jus' Sayin':cool:
motseer.jpg

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes