Renfield42069

Nov 21, 2022
I'm all for spitballing ideas. :cool: (y) , minigames, meh... :cautious:
TL;DR: It was meant as a joke, I thought the sarcasm was obvious, minigames can suck a butt. Respectfully, with respect.

I was just goofing around, hinting at a much bemoaned feature of another popular game. It seems to have not been entirely recognized for the obvious sarcasm I thought it was, but, I'm not entirely opposed to choices having minor changes in outcomes. Obviously you're doing that in a large way, where a choice may have a dramatic effect on outcomes, but I do think some aspects of "party planning" or whatever the case may be can be interesting; in that it adds to the level of investment. Of course the issue then arises with increasing a developer's workload, which I think most people can agree is all around a loss, since it slows progression.

Minor things like drink choices or something (purely an example) might change a line or two of dialogue and a handful of renders. Something like, say, outfits, is way more time investment for developing. Going further, scenes being locked away behind choice is even more extreme, potentially adds to replayability but decreases linear content. Like a choose your own adventure book, but the timesink grows exponentially from a development standpoint.

Reactions: c3p0

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
TL;DR: It was meant as a joke, I thought the sarcasm was obvious, minigames can suck a butt. Respectfully, with respect.

I was just goofing around, hinting at a much bemoaned feature of another popular game. It seems to have not been entirely recognized for the obvious sarcasm I thought it was, but, I'm not entirely opposed to choices having minor changes in outcomes. Obviously you're doing that in a large way, where a choice may have a dramatic effect on outcomes, but I do think some aspects of "party planning" or whatever the case may be can be interesting; in that it adds to the level of investment. Of course the issue then arises with increasing a developer's workload, which I think most people can agree is all around a loss, since it slows progression.

Minor things like drink choices or something (purely an example) might change a line or two of dialogue and a handful of renders. Something like, say, outfits, is way more time investment for developing. Going further, scenes being locked away behind choice is even more extreme, potentially adds to replayability but decreases linear content. Like a choose your own adventure book, but the timesink grows exponentially from a development standpoint.
No, it was not obvious. The game you mean, I think I know it...
Next time a smiley would help.;)

Reactions: Renfield42069

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017

No worries m8. I didn't take you to be serious about mini games. :cool: (y)

I tolerate them in games that have them. I just see them as filler or a shiny object to divert your attention in lieu of actual content.

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023

Considering the guy who was ranting for days that LRH needs a dedicated combat mechanic, stats and leveling... there was no reason not to believe you were serious....

cast188x

Nov 17, 2017
Cmon writer pulled a sneaky with Katy proposing the goddam pregnancy like that, it hurts the soul of a man to say no, but saying yes without talking with Jessy about it is even worse.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
No worries m8. I didn't take you to be serious about mini games. :cool: (y)

I tolerate them in games that have them. I just see them as filler or a shiny object to divert your attention in lieu of actual content.
with you on that, I can hardly think of one where I actually enjoyed a mini-game or one that added something extra. Maybe the racing one in Race of Life, you just literally have to shift gears manually at the correct moment, I found that very well integrated in the game. It's not hard at all, but if you fuck up it still has consequences in the plot.

Reactions: motseer

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
with you on that, I can hardly think of one where I actually enjoyed a mini-game or one that added something extra. Maybe the racing one in Race of Life, you just literally have to shift gears manually at the correct moment, I found that very well integrated in the game. It's not hard at all, but if you fuck up it still has consequences in the plot.
The amount of complaints due to people having no clue how to drive stick was hilarious :ROFLMAO:

Renfield42069

Nov 21, 2022
Considering the guy who was ranting for days that LRH needs a dedicated combat mechanic, stats and leveling... there was no reason not to believe you were serious....
I mean that's fair, I saw that goober as well, but I've commented on this thread more than any other. So I assumed it was obvious.

I don't have any complaints about the way things are handled. The only criticism I've had is the same as a few others have had, which is the volume of girls makes it hard to allot time for each one from a dev standpoint. It's still one of my favorite AVNs, though, and it's not my story; I'm just along for the ride. :cool:

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
I mean that's fair, I saw that goober as well, but I've commented on this thread more than any other. So I assumed it was obvious.

I don't have any complaints about the way things are handled. The only criticism I've had is the same as a few others have had, which is the volume of girls makes it hard to allot time for each one from a dev standpoint. It's still one of my favorite AVNs, though, and it's not my story; I'm just along for the ride. :cool:
Fair, but tbh, I spend almost zero effort trying to remember the opinions of other posters, since their numbers and the numbers of threads are so big. It's kinda futile to even try ;) sorry

Reactions: Dimitri57

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
So... Dima. In an effort to chime in on the recent trend of suggesting how you should tell your story... (JK, guys. Don't flay me alive for being cute...) What would be the chances of version 10.1 part 4a... Say, in a week or two?

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
So... Dima. In an effort to chime in on the recent trend of suggesting how you should tell your story... (JK, guys. Don't flay me alive for being cute...) What would be the chances of version 10.1 part 4a... Say, in a week or two?
since hes still posting in this thread > Highly unlikely

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
As much as I'd like to tell you it's possible Mot, it's not. :(

I'm not going to bullshit anyone, writing the conclusion and setting the scenes is tough.

It's taking a lot of time to honor the characters and craft logical closure to many questions.

It's going to take as long as it takes until I'm satisfied with the results.

I don't give two fucks if some get pissy about how long it's taking. (I'm not talking about you Mot. :cool:(y))

By virtue of that, don't be surprised if I drop one more update before the big finale of Chapter One.

A have a couple of reasons that another split makes sense.

I have a lot of content finished, and how I want to set tone of the conclusion.

The conclusion is going to be heavy no matter which path you take. :cry:

Once the sequence of events is in motion, I don't want "H" scenes sprinkled in to lighten the serious mood.

There is a potential downside to doing an early release of what I have ready. (Although, nothing I'd lose any sleep over :sneaky:)

Since MC isn't given any prospect tasks by Stan while he is healing from his wounds, it's a bit of a fuck fest. (More so than normal... :ROFLMAO:)

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
As much as I'd like to tell you it's possible Mot, it's not. :(

I'm not going to bullshit anyone, writing the conclusion and setting the scenes is tough.

It's taking a lot of time to honor the characters and craft logical closure to many questions.

It's going to take as long as it takes until I'm satisfied with the results.

I don't give two fucks if some get pissy about how long it's taking. (I'm not talking about you Mot. :cool:(y))

By virtue of that, don't be surprised if I drop one more update before the big finale of Chapter One.

A have a couple of reasons that another split makes sense.

I have a lot of content finished, and how I want to set tone of the conclusion.

The conclusion is going to be heavy no matter which path you take. :cry:

Once the sequence of events is in motion, I don't want "H" scenes sprinkled in to lighten the serious mood.

There is a potential downside to doing an early release of what I have ready. (Although, nothing I'd lose any sleep over :sneaky:)

Since MC isn't given any prospect tasks by Stan while he is healing from his wounds, it's a bit of a fuck fest. (More so than normal... :ROFLMAO:)
Oh you know we'll wait patiently (well.......)!!!!!

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes