Votes: 483 20.9%
  • Jenny

Votes: 118 5.1%
  • Vanessa

Votes: 671 29.1%

• Total voters

lucathesaint

Jul 29, 2022
Noob question here: what difference does a Renpy port do? what is renpy? and should I play this or the official version?

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Noob question here: what difference does a Renpy port do? what is renpy? and should I play this or the official version?
Ren'Py is a popular visual novel engine that a lot of developers use to make their games. It has a lot of recognition in the community and some people just prefer that. The official version uses a custom-built engine by the developer. If you don't care about that, just try the official version.

Also the Ren'Py port is behind 4 versions of the official game. I'm working to catch up, but I'll always be behind a little bit.

HB38

Oct 3, 2017
Ren'Py is a popular visual novel engine that a lot of developers use to make their games. It has a lot of recognition in the community and some people just prefer that. The official version uses a custom-built engine by the developer. If you don't care about that, just try the official version.

Also the Ren'Py port is behind 4 versions of the official game. I'm working to catch up, but I'll always be behind a little bit.
Just to piggyback off this a bit - Ren'py games tend to be less resource intensive and will run better than Unity games on some hardware (Macs especially), and are less likely to do something I don't want (network connectivity). I also find they are really easy to mod which can be nice.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Just to piggyback off this a bit - Ren'py games tend to be less resource intensive and will run better than Unity games on some hardware (Macs especially), and are less likely to do something I don't want (network connectivity). I also find they are really easy to mod which can be nice.
That's a really good point. You even see some Unity games here with their threads having notes about Internet connectivity and "call home" things.

TTrick doesn't do that with his custom engine, but still good for people to be aware.

Flopi

Mar 7, 2018
Do anyone of you know games with character models like "Ann". She really hits my spot :).

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
That's a really good point. You even see some Unity games here with their threads having notes about Internet connectivity and "call home" things.

TTrick doesn't do that with his custom engine, but still good for people to be aware.
A custom engine is really impressive, is it based on Unity ? Or something from scratch?

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Thank you GetOutOfMyLab for the port! As someone who loves the original and finds games almost unplayable without the Universal Ren'Py Mod this is a blessing. LSS is literally the only non Renpy game I'm following/playing because of that.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
What kind of NTR have this game? I play it years ago but I dont remember XD
It's sharing up to the official version's 0.8. However, TTrick introduced a new choice to allow things to happen without the player allowing it (I also added this choice to the beginning of the Ren'Py port if you enabled NTR). So in the future, there will be cheating if you enable that option.

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes