mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
If it's written, it's libel.
It's only slander if it's spoken word. (y)
Although, I guess he did say "I heard"... ;)
UnDeaD_CyBorG and whichone
Technically it is not slander or libel, it is hearsay.

In this case - JButcher is saying "I heard he is a living person", which they are passing along something they heard. If JButcher had said "he is a living person" verbally it would have been slander and written in a forum post "he is a living person", that would have been libel :)

Sorry - being pedantic .. but I am anal that way sometimes.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
UnDeaD_CyBorG and whichone
Technically it is not slander or libel, it is hearsay.

In this case - JButcher is saying "I heard he is a living person", which they are passing along something they heard. If JButcher had said "he is a living person" verbally it would have been slander and written in a forum post "he is a living person", that would have been libel :)

Sorry - being pedantic .. but I am anal that way sometimes.
Passing along hearsay, can be slanderous.
Doing it in writing, can be libelous.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Passing along hearsay, can be slanderous.
Doing it in writing, can be libelous.
To get technical, yes, if there is intent to deceive, cause malice, or intentional harm to the individual. That is a very high bar to cross if you preface something with "I heard" this is why fake news exists today :) Everyone is passing along hearsay and treating it as news/facts.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
To get technical, yes, if there is intent to deceive, cause malice, or intentional harm to the individual. That is a very high bar to cross if you preface something with "I heard" this is why fake news exists today :) Everyone is passing along hearsay and treating it as news/facts.
If we want to be pedantic, then it's simply a statement of fact.
We all know that the dev is a living person. It's not hearsay. It's a biological prerequisite. :ROFLMAO:
I doubt very much if he actually "heard" it.
It's just given as a flippant response to provide hypothetical justification for why the dev maybe had a couple of days off in the sunshine.

Fake news is not just passing along hearsay, it's also creating it.
I agree with what you say, they get away with it by making it seem that they are just passing it along.
The person who utters what is overheard & then passed on, is the originator.
That person is not passing on hearsay, they are just providing a potentially unfounded opinion.
There's a difference & that's what fake news amounts to, unfounded opinions, disregarding facts that contradict/do not support the intended narrative.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rory Smith

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
If we want to be pedantic, then it's simply a statement of fact.
We all know that the dev is a living person. It's not hearsay. It's a biological prerequisite. :ROFLMAO:
I doubt very much if he actually "heard" it.
It's just given as a flippant response to provide hypothetical justification for why the dev maybe had a couple of days off in the sunshine.

Fake news is not just passing along hearsay, it's also creating it.
I agree with what you say, they get away with it by making it seem that they are just passing it along.
The person who utters what is overheard & then passed on, is the originator.
That person is not passing on hearsay, they are just providing a potentially unfounded opinion.
There's a difference & that's what fake news amounts to, unfounded opinions, disregarding facts that contradict/do not support the intended narrative.
I will leave the pedantic of a pedantic of a pedantic (of a pedantic) to you :)

If we are looking to split the hairs of fake news - I will just say that someone presents "fake news"/"opinions" as facts. The spread of those opinions and fake news as facts is hearsay as I was pointing it out. If CNN/Fox News person said something that is an opinion and people are passing/re-tweeting/sharing that news chunk as fact, it is in fact hearsay as it is not causing malice as they may not be intending to cause harm, as they are just stupid. If they are passing it along with the intent to deceive (ie. malice) then they are assholes :)

• Haha
Reactions: whichone

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I will leave the pedantic of a pedantic of a pedantic (of a pedantic) to you :)

If we are looking to split the hairs of fake news - I will just say that someone presents "fake news"/"opinions" as facts. The spread of those opinions and fake news as facts is hearsay as I was pointing it out. If CNN/Fox News person said something that is an opinion and people are passing/re-tweeting/sharing that news chunk as fact, it is in fact hearsay as it is not causing malice as they may not be intending to cause harm, as they are just stupid. If they are passing it along with the intent to deceive (ie. malice) then they are assholes :)
I am not sure though whether I despite the assholes or the unabashedly stupid without any interest to really educate themselves as worse. (Yes, you could consider the latter group a subset of "asshole")

Reactions: mordred93

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I am not sure though whether I despite the assholes or the unabashedly stupid without any interest to really educate themselves as worse. (Yes, you could consider the latter group a subset of "asshole")
lol We're basically asking which is worse, ignorance or stupidity? :ROFLMAO:

ArchonStudio

Trapped in this eon
Game Developer
Apr 8, 2020
label12.jpg

Download:

Changelog:
- Progress of the main story (with a new (not exactly new, though, you saw her from behind) girl)
- A scene with Catherine
- A scene with Lori
- Bj scene with Mia in the harem
- Fixed a bug when you talk to Danka
- Fixed minor bugs.

Schedule:
10th August - $10+
13th August - $5
15th August - $1
17th August - Public

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes