TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I can't understand Catherine starting to believe the words of that stupid cult. I mean, she's jealous of us and she may be using it as an excuse, but this damn cult is trying to destroy the world. From what the cult member next to Catherine told her, she had to understand that the cult was corrupt.
That is the thing about a cult, it is not rational. They believe in an afterlife, so this life doesn't matter, it's just an 'illusion'. So, killing everyone is not a big deal, since they will all just wake up together and happy in the next world, which is so much better than this one, and we know this because ...reasons.

Sadly, this is all too common, not just in fiction but even in the real world. The worse people have it in life, the more likely it is that they will develop some kind of afterlife to justify their suffering.

Now look at this world, not only is it horrible for the normal citizens, but it's even harder on the wastelanders, and they both have it easier than the mutants. They have been doomed to die early, they are shunned by the citizens, can barely get food, have to pay taxes (if they are in the city), and can't do anything about it. It only makes sense to have a nihilistic attitude, and faith in a death cult promising a better life.

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
That is the thing about a cult, it is not rational. They believe in an afterlife, so this life doesn't matter, it's just an 'illusion'. So, killing everyone is not a big deal, since they will all just wake up together and happy in the next world, which is so much better than this one, and we know this because ...reasons.

Sadly, this is all too common, not just in fiction but even in the real world. The worse people have it in life, the more likely it is that they will develop some kind of afterlife to justify their suffering.

Now look at this world, not only is it horrible, for the normal citizens, but it's even harder on the wastelanders, and they both have it easier than the mutants. They have been doomed to die early, they are shunned by the citizens, can barely get food, have to pay taxes (if they are in the city), and can't do anything about it. It only makes sense to have a nihilistic attitude, and faith in a death cult promising a better life.
Good point, well made. (y)

Reactions: TheDevian

c4145317

Oct 14, 2019
Choosing "I love you too, Catherine" during the St. Radiance day event causes some strange HoMM runes to appear instead of English.
I do have the multimod installed, so I have no idea if this is a vanilla issue or due to the mod. Just thought this would be the best place to report it.

Kane_Freeman

Dec 10, 2020

Now look at this world, not only is it horrible, for the normal citizens, but it's even harder on the wastelanders, and they both have it easier than the mutants. They have been doomed to die early, they are shunned by the citizens, can barely get food, have to pay taxes (if they are in the city), and can't do anything about it. It only makes sense to have a nihilistic attitude, and faith in a death cult promising a better life.
As an atheist, I know exactly what you mean. But my point is that Catherine continues to believe and respect him after what the cultist that Catherine spoke to said. From what the cultist told Catherine, we learn that everyone who dies will not go to Heavenly dimensions, and those who do not follow the teachings will go to hell dimensions. Also, the teachings must contradict the true love that Catherine believes in. Because Cultist wants to take away from him the woman his own brother is in love with, and he says he has a vision for it. But when his brother opposes it and dies, Cultist says he will suffer in a hellish dimension. It's illogical that Catherine didn't realize the contradiction here and approved of the cultist.

Reactions: AsusR

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
This was better than I thought it'd be. I think I've seen all the stuff in it (had to skip through some days to get Pamela into the harem).

For some reason my only quest now is to see Danka's fate (like if she changes colour) but that happened ages ago it just never seemed to get ticked off.

Cat looked hotter during that holiday with red hair/clothes/etc as it was more distinctive. Blue skinned girl has blue hair, blue clothes, blue everything, haha... same with Mia, red skinned girl so red hair, etc. Not that much can be done about it now.

The harem trainer at the start said girls would respond to things differently but so far it just seemed like Lori (was that her name? the scarred one), who needed to be treated a particular way (nicely)... I'd really like a girl in the harem you can abuse and that's beneficial... like I woulda kinda liked to mind-break the sister into being the MCs slut rather than seemingly have to be all lovey dovey to get the scenes.

Isabella is probably the hottest, and I'll look forward to more with her. Hopefully get to knock up the sister at some point (and the others too). I'd like to make the queen a real low level whore in the harem, with no status and the others can do what they want with, more a servant slave than a pamper concubine. Some Judy/Lori stuff will be alright too with the incest angle. I appreciated that lots of them had decent bodies and weren't cartoonishly over-boobed, like Mia was nice. Need to get Megan out of the dungeon and into the harem too. Also really want to go to town on Taina in front of Dex before I kill him. And I wonder what's going on with the southern district and the kid who runs it, will anything ever happen with that.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
As an atheist, I know exactly what you mean. But my point is that Catherine continues to believe and respect him after what the cultist that Catherine spoke to said. From what the cultist told Catherine, we learn that everyone who dies will not go to Heavenly dimensions, and those who do not follow the teachings will go to hell dimensions. Also, the teachings must contradict the true love that Catherine believes in. Because Cultist wants to take away from him the woman his own brother is in love with, and he says he has a vision for it. But when his brother opposes it and dies, Cultist says he will suffer in a hellish dimension. It's illogical that Catherine didn't realize the contradiction here and approved of the cultist.
Just like people continue to believe after their priest rapes their child, or whatever. It's the whole 'men are fallible, but I still believe the parts that make me happy' bit that so many use to excuse so many atrocities.
It is much harder to correct a lie, than it is to spread one. Especially, when people have their whole identity wrapped up in it. They want to believe so much, that they will easily overlook things they know are a problem, and just stick their fingers in their ears. They will continue to make believe, and the more you push, the more they will double down, ignoring anything that makes them uncomfortable.

That shell is a fragile thing, and some never get passed the denial and anger stages, lashing out at anyone who challenges their foundation. We are lucky she was willing to even come home after that, it could have gone a lot worse. Been there, done that. That is part of why I didn't like his wording there, but it was not something he wanted to change, particularly, since they have their own religion in the wastes, so he can't object on those grounds.

Black Xoul

Apr 5, 2018
Hello I'm stuck step lord. I have Dona quest left about her skin color and quest says complete other quest ( she can sleep with me at night). Other quest doesn't pop up anymore any ideas?

Black Xoul

Apr 5, 2018
got the same bug, i'm waaaay ahead in story, cured both danka and cat, "saved" Judy, being a pal with mutants and still got single quest "Danka's fate - wait for the colour change"
wait.. Danka can be cured? i thought she was green man.. mah dick gonna fell off

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
I'm just downloading the Cure Cat patch.

In case it's of any help: the reason I didn't do the Cat branch from that quest was that it had Cat being way more loving than the point I'd progressed to in the plot, and then there was, Barbara(?) who I hadn't even met at that point, greeting me like an old friend. So I assumed the scene had triggered in error and rolled back to take the other branch.

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
I got to the feast and it was quite confusing as I hadn't progressed Catherine's quest nor met Barbara. I clicked on that option just to see what was going on and suddenly I'm talking to this girl I had never seen and going on a date with someone I hadn't really courted.

Also, is it just me or does Megan become blonder as the game progresses? I didn't like that much but I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination, the lighting conditions or something else :)

This comment sounds negative so I'll also say that this is a great game and one of the best and most fun in the site.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Is there only a love route for cat? All the lovey dovey talk is kind of annoying me, but I don't want to pass on a harem girl lol.

edit:
Hmmm, this game is really on the rails. I remember playing it on first release and thinking there would be some asshole ruler route where you just enslave all the women because Lori had 2 routes. Seems like everything happening after the beginning is just a choice between forced good guy and no content.

edit2:
After the raid on Fu, Lori comes to talk and the game is basically acting like I'm on the love route with her when I'm not. I guess her previous master was Krat? This info never comes up on the bad touch route, but the conversation makes it seem like they talked about it before.

It's pretty clear that the dev dropped any "bad guy" routes somewhere along the Danka's quest route. You can call her a whore and such a few times, but she defaults to a happy harem like everyone else that comes after.

Last edited:

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
Is there only a love route for cat? All the lovey dovey talk is kind of annoying me, but I don't want to pass on a harem girl lol.
I generally prefer love routes but only if it is a route among multiple routes. Although, everything else being equal, I prefer a dichotomy between love/no route than bad/no route. And I can't complain too much since bad routes are often hit or miss (for me). But specifically with regards to cat (and a few others), I don't have much interest in a love route. But I also feel a tad conflicted as
I don't want to pass on a harem girl

But all else being equal, I'd probably pass on when on the One True Playthrough or something. :unsure:

Also, maybe the routes you want will come later in the development? Tbh I kinda prefer for the author to focus on the plot for now since it is quite fun.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Does anyone know where the console command is for the game? I tried downloading 00dirtycheater and UnRen-0.91 to help with the Cat problem, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I then tried Save Editor and it said I already did it (went_to_cat). I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes