Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
Uploading fixed version number. I also fixed few problems with character name in dialogues. I hope now it's all good. If you notice anything wrong, please let me know ;) I'm pretty tired so I could miss some things.
LordOfImagination-0.15-pc.zip but when extract out then folder is LordOfImagination-0.12-pc and in game show still 0.12.
and download all 15-25 min ago.

can you put a link here with all correct version ?

AgentGames

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2019
LordOfImagination-0.15-pc.zip but when extract out then folder is LordOfImagination-0.12-pc and in game show still 0.12.
and download all 15-25 min ago.

can you put a link here with all correct version ?
It will take a while because my upload speed is around 100kb/s :D I'll inform you guys here when it's done. And it is correct version, it's just named wrong.

Reactions: Baxonius

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Sorry but having multiple paths hinder a certain genre fans to fully support a game.

The Way game is one example of having multiple paths that didn't really manage to get enough fans.

Though there are some games that manage to balance all path and be successful like Spellbook/Tyrant/Culture Shock etc but honestly those games story/pacing etc could have been better if they focus on one certain genre and I think they could have more supporters if they focus on one certain genre.

Though I am not against multiple paths and not against NTR genre I played both on most games. But I am worried that the dev might be discourage with how low their game is being supported since that is the drawback of having multiple paths it is hard to get majority of a certain genre of fans to support it fully.

I think more of DOD path would suit this game better with one story line rather than having multiple story line to cater two fanbase. I would even accept a single story line with both NTR and incest if done well rather than multiple path which is tend to wait longer for the story to flow good.

Multiple path = More work for dev.
Multiple path = Story flow will be slow since they need to cater more paths.
Multiple path = Not fully supported by a certain genre fans.
Single path = Less work.
Single path = Story flow will be faster.
Single path = Can entice a certain genre fans to support it.

May sound like I am hating on the game or NTR but I just want this game to be the next big thing and I think having multiple paths will hinder that.
You're talking to a guy who is working on a game for almost a year for less than 100 dollars a month despite its positive reviews, trust me, if I were going to be discouraged I'd have been so long ago. I am only concerned with creating a good story for the game and the story that I have in mind requires multiple paths so we're going multiple paths.
And the examples you mentioned, Tyrant in particular, has issues with pacing because the development cycle is slow, not because of the multiple paths. If you look at my other game's development cycle you'll know that with a rare exception of my college exams the amount of content we dish out is twice as much with half as much time between the updates in comparison.
I didn't mean that, I know you don't sit around lazily on your ass. I thought it would be awesome if the next update were bigger and with the features that I mentioned ... I'm really excited about this game. you do a really great work
Thanks man, I didn't mean to imply that you meant that specifically and yes, the next updates would at least be twice as long.

freakanime

Oct 14, 2018
You're talking to a guy who is working on a game for almost a year for less than 100 dollars a month despite its positive reviews, trust me, if I were going to be discouraged I'd have been so long ago. I am only concerned with creating a good story for the game and the story that I have in mind requires multiple paths so we're going multiple paths.
And the examples you mentioned, Tyrant in particular, has issues with pacing because the development cycle is slow, not because of the multiple paths. If you look at my other game's development cycle you'll know that with a rare exception of my college exams the amount of content we dish out is twice as much with half as much time between the updates in comparison.
Nothing against you guys but given that the original partner left because of lack of support is worrisome that it could also happen to the other dev. And lets be honest here no dev here doesn't like to earn more money and for their game to be more popular.

Sorry not that familiar with your work but I love Tyrant dev work its a shame there are some hiccups lately but out of the three example I gave I love their work more and they already have a good reputation since they already finished a game already. So in a sense they have the luxury of having multiple paths even with slow dev cycle but their supporters will still support it which can't be said for this game yet.

As for slowing the progress down, that's the price you have to pay when you're making a multiple choice visual novel instead of a kinetic novel.
I want to be enlighten about this Multiple choice VN and multiple path thing since to my understanding multiple choice VN is somewhat the same story line but will only be different on some case like fucking/dumping the girl etc but overall the main story for that will be the same. DOD is like this IIRC there are multiple choices that affect certain events to appear if you pick the right choice etc.

But for multiple path to my understanding like in The Way game the story for all the paths are different and games like Culture shock/Spellbook whereas even though the story for non NTR and NTR somewhat resembles but the story is mostly different for those paths.

So what will this game going to go to the DOD multiple choice or CultureShock/Spellbook or The Way? or completely different style of paths?

If I were to choose what I like I would pick DOD style 99 times out of 100 since I think those kind of game will be faster to develop and those kind of games story flow more nicely.

Not trying to descredit/bash the writer or dev but since this game is in its infancy and changing things is still easier I would like to ask is Multiple path really the only answer to make this game better or is Multiple path the only way to tell the story of this game?

Reactions: r3nown

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
So when you have a choice to go to a look at what happening at home with landlady and Carl if you go there you see them fucking but if you don't go then game acts like nothing happened between them. As if what happens at home is decided by whether you go take a look or no. It's really hard to get into story written this way, it just doesn't make sense. When I saw the word rewrite I assumed it will fix shit like this. :cautious:

If you want to have branching paths like that then they should be decided by some kind of decision before that, not by you deciding to spy or not.

randomnamez

Aug 1, 2018
There is no way to please the "NTR Haters", I mean, only way that can "please" them is that somehow, MC is able to win the Mafia immediately, engage fun with the "LandLady" (But that would make not sense, since MC just got the power, and the Mafia seems to be skilled in it), and somehow, they will still complain about there being not enough scenes, it is a never ending cycle. I mean, the pattern is there, lost count in how many great games were stopped due to the hate. But then again, if the "Haters" are patreons, I would say nothing, due to them paying, but if they are not... It is like they walk into a restaurant to have a free meal, but is still complaining at everything.

lambdadw

Feb 17, 2018
Why you compress the JPG so much? Everywhere artifacts. So disgusting picture quality...
Try the webp, but so that the original pictures weigh at least 200-500kb, and not this square something :(

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
There is no way to please the "NTR Haters", I mean, only way that can "please" them is that somehow, MC is able to win the Mafia immediately, engage fun with the "LandLady" (But that would make not sense, since MC just got the power, and the Mafia seems to be skilled in it), and somehow, they will still complain about there being not enough scenes, it is a never ending cycle. I mean, the pattern is there, lost count in how many great games were stopped due to the hate. But then again, if the "Haters" are patreons, I would say nothing, due to them paying, but if they are not... It is like they walk into a restaurant to have a free meal, but is still complaining at everything.
Nor is there a way to please the NTR lovers that would work for the Romance lovers either and I have seen as many NTR lovers ask for NTR in games that were more romance based. :p Well no worry this shitstorm will never disappear as long as both genres exist, since the needs of the two player bases are at least partly mutually exclusive.

NTR lovers like the women in their game to be (easily) corrupted and enjoy being blackmailed and/or raped, well if you are a romance lover, why would you like to romance a woman like that? Rescue her? From what? She is written as a cocksleeve, or someone that is easily turned into one, that enjoys to be abused so needs no saving anyway. Even if you save her she will run into someone else that will be willing to abuse her unless you lock her up in your basement for the rest of her live. Sounds like a fun loving relationship. :p To have a trusting loving relation with her? See above. :p

Basically to make NTR work for romance lovers in a romance based game, you either write two games where the females have very different characters and on non NTR path you never ever see anything that clashes with the romance-able character and even then players may have problems with it if look on NTR path. The other possible option could be to write one consistent character for the females, but then NTRíng them should be even harder to do as romancing them and it should take a long long long time before they get corrupted or like it. Now I do not think most NTR lovers would like that and would have to wait for their nice scenes that would satisfy their needs even longer as the romance scenes. Or write a character that is very easy to NTR but then is as much an easily turned cocksleeve for MC and forget about her as a love interest as dev. :p

randomnamez

Aug 1, 2018
Nor is there a way to please the NTR lovers that would work for the Romance lovers either and I have seen as many NTR lovers ask for NTR in games that were more romance based. :p Well no worry this shitstorm will never disappear as long as both genres exist, since the needs of the two player bases are at least partly mutually exclusive.

NTR lovers like the women in their game to be (easily) corrupted and enjoy being blackmailed and/or raped, well if you are a romance lover, why would you like to romance a woman like that? Rescue her? From what? She is written as a cocksleeve, or someone that is easily turned into one, that enjoys to be abused so needs no saving anyway. Even if you save her she will run into someone else that will be willing to abuse her unless you lock her up in your basement for the rest of her live. Sounds like a fun loving relationship. :p To have a trusting loving relation with her? See above. :p

Basically to make NTR work for romance lovers in a romance based game, you either write two games where the females have very different characters and on non NTR path you never ever see anything that clashes with the romance-able character and even then players may have problems with it if look on NTR path. The other possible option could be to write one consistent character for the females, but then NTRíng them should be even harder to do as romancing them and it should take a long long long time before they get corrupted or like it. Now I do not think most NTR lovers would like that and would have to wait for their nice scenes that would satisfy their needs even longer as the romance scenes. Or write a character that is very easy to NTR but then is as much an easily turned cocksleeve for MC and forget about her as a love interest as dev. :p
What you said do have points... But still... From what I observe on this forum, it is still more common to see games that have ntr, well, people asking if "NTR is avoidable or not" almost all of it in fact, and games without NTR, true, there are mentions of it, but not all of it.

And well, sometimes, like you mention, the developers tried to created two very different situation and characters and tend to overexert and such. And with this... A "trend" I noticed, now we are not really discussing about how much pontential this game has, and is now talking about "NTR" as a whole.

And as what I said before, just hope the developers get to create the game they had in mind, and not getting affected by the forum. Unless is well, the people that are their patreons, since you know, they are paying.

Reactions: fbass

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
What you said do have points... But still... From what I observe on this forum, it is still more common to see games that have ntr, well, people asking if "NTR is avoidable or not" almost all of it in fact, and games without NTR, true, there are mentions of it, but not all of it.

And well, sometimes, like you mention, the developers tried to created two very different situation and characters and tend to overexert and such. And with this... A "trend" I noticed, now we are not really discussing about how much pontential this game has, and is now talking about "NTR" as a whole.

And as what I said before, just hope the developers get to create the game they had in mind, and not getting affected by the forum. Unless is well, the people that are their patreons, since you know, they are paying.
I always hope the dev creates the game he sets out to make the game they wish to and does not listen to much to players or patrons unless (s)he himself thinks the advice and critique given is fair and (s)he feels that it would enhance the game, even if that is not a game for me. How else can you expect a dev to be passionate about his game and deliver a great product.

Unfortunately we are all selfish and would love to have the content we like in a game if the renders are great, characters are beautiful and story seems interesting like this one, so the debate will continue for ever likely. Trust me I have seen loads of remark in almost any more romance oriented game to add more drama (meaning a NTR like antagonist even if did not fit game) or outright asking for NTR being included). For me I am planning to look when this game is a bit further developed to see if it misses the game play mechanics I hate and will like the game. Fortunately I can also love a good corruption game so have way less problems to play games with NTR if well done, just needs me to change my mindset. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: DRinWV

randomnamez

Aug 1, 2018
I always hope the dev creates the game he sets out to make the game they wish to and does not listen to much to players or patrons unless (s)he himself thinks the advice and critique given is fair and (s)he feels that it would enhance the game, even if that is not a game for me. How else can you expect a dev to be passionate about his game and deliver a great product.

Unfortunately we are all selfish and would love to have the content we like in a game if the renders are great, characters are beautiful and story seems interesting like this one, so the debate will continue for ever likely. Trust me I have seen loads of remark in almost any more romance oriented game to add more drama (meaning a NTR like antagonist even if did not fit game) or outright asking for NTR being included). For me I am planning to look when this game is a bit further developed to see if it misses the game play mechanics I hate and will like the game. Fortunately I can also love a good corruption game so have way less problems to play games with NTR if well done, just needs me to change my mindset. :p
I see! So in a way, you are more of the... "as long as the story is good and it make sense", kind right? I mean, in a way, we are somewhat on the "same side"? Haha!

And as in this game, I am really excited about how it is going to progress.

Reactions: Sihil and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I see! So in a way, you are more of the... "as long as the story is good and it make sense", kind right? I mean, in a way, we are somewhat on the "same side"? Haha!

And as in this game, I am really excited about how it is going to progress.
I hope I will feel the same way, when I really check it out bit later in development and yeah I kinda like those stories where the dev makes the game they want and then let the game finds it own audience instead of targeting it to much. Remember there is not for nothing a saying you cannot please to many masters. :p Up to me then to decide if I want to follow it even if it is sometimes with regret I have to decide to move on since the game is not for me. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 78983

I am so disappointed. The update that we have all been eagerly waiting for didn't really bring anything. In fact, it took away. They removed the flashback scene from the start where the landlady gets captured from the strip club and then sold to an undercover cop who releases her. That scene was a huge part of this game with so little content. To counteract this change they added an introduction scene for two characters and one handjob scene. Somehow you made this game feel smaller than it was and I hate to say it but even worse. Dialogue changes are weird and removing the whole backstory was not a good move in my opinion. Had my hopes up for this game but my interest is starting to decrease and likely I am not the only one. You really need to push out more content.

Reactions: Sihn8
4.20 star(s) 37 Votes