VN Ren'Py Lost at Birth [Ch. 9 Part 1] [V19]

4.00 star(s) 78 Votes

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Will this end up on steam?
That's my intention, I think I need one or two more chapters for that tho.
Are you planing to add animations?
Chapter 5 already includes animations, also there's some animations for chapter 4 included. There will be animations for each scene in every new chapter. Also.
My plan is to also retroactively add animations to the old chapters each time there's a new chapter.

Moryaka26

Aug 28, 2019
That's my intention, I think I need one or two more chapters for that tho.

Chapter 5 already includes animations, also there's some animations for chapter 4 included. There will be animations for each scene in every new chapter. Also.
My plan is to also retroactively add animations to the old chapters each time there's a new chapter.
That will be awesome

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Please really, really think about it.

Animations are almost always a waste of resources. Unless you are doing what Ocean is doing, which is essentially move level, animation for repetitive, obvious things can simply be replace for well paced and artistic still images. This is particularly the case for sex! everybody knows exactly what is going on without animations.

Now, if you are going to animate important, non standard moments, I have nothing to say on that.

On another topic, I do believe strongly that focusing on music to blend in the novel is worth it. You can express soo much sentiment with music. An empty image means very different things according to the music. It even writes part of the text for you. A silence between characters means different thing if you put romantic music vs calm relaxing music vs high unrest music. Even for sex: different scene if romantic vs sexy music, with the same renders and writing.

Anyway, you do you, of course, but seriously the cost of animations is almost never worth the benefits.

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
Hi everyone :) Sorry to ask a boring question, but I've just started the game and there's something turning me off it which I hope changes soon as I progress. Specifically, the wife's alcoholism. In the opening the mc is clearly deeply upset by it, but makes no attempt to talk to his wife about it, and it rubs me the wrong way to such an extent that if it is not addressed I'm not sure I can play the game. It's a personal matter for me. But if it's addressed a ways in, I can probably power through till then.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Hi everyone :) Sorry to ask a boring question, but I've just started the game and there's something turning me off it which I hope changes soon as I progress. Specifically, the wife's alcoholism. In the opening the mc is clearly deeply upset by it, but makes no attempt to talk to his wife about it, and it rubs me the wrong way to such an extent that if it is not addressed I'm not sure I can play the game. It's a personal matter for me. But if it's addressed a ways in, I can probably power through till then.
It is implied that depending on the player's actions she will either get help or get worse, but at this point having the new daughter in her life seems to be motivating her to get better. That is the same thing that could go very wrong, though.

4.00 star(s) 78 Votes