VN Ren'Py Lost at Birth [Ch. 9 Part 1] [V19]

4.00 star(s) 78 Votes
Oct 10, 2022
technically my brother I did not cheat at the beginning of the game I chose not to

and there are options to reject the daughters advances at the beginning of the game
I also felt like my choices beforehand didn't mean anything. She shouldn't be forced on us, the reason doesn't/shouldn't really matter. They handle that quite well with Cass, you have option to not engage anything, you can reopen her path in chapter 5, you can refuse her stay as friends etc. Why not I can't choose to have just a father/daughter relationship with Kailey?

Sep 3, 2020
I also felt like my choices beforehand didn't mean anything. She shouldn't be forced on us, the reason doesn't/shouldn't really matter. They handle that quite well with Cass, you have option to not engage anything, you can reopen her path in chapter 5, you can refuse her stay as friends etc. Why not I can't choose to have just a father/daughter relationship with Kailey?
exactly brother you get the option to reject her at the beginning only to force you into the relationship later on

you go from That's my daughter I can't do that to

being okay with being in a relationship with her out of nowhere

by the game's own logic, it doesn't make any sense

unless the main character has a split personality

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
technically my brother I did not cheat at the beginning of the game I chose not to

and there are options to reject the daughters advances at the beginning of the game
MC has already cheated on his wife before the game starts, he says as much to Kailey. If you reject Cassidy, the MC's reasoning is that they're co-workers/she's too slutty, not that he doesn't want to cheat. If you hate the idea of playing as a cheating MC, you probably should have dropped the game after the very first conversation with Cassidy.

Oct 10, 2022
exactly brother you get the option to reject her at the beginning only to force you into the relationship later on

you go from That's my daughter I can't do that to

being okay with being in a relationship with her out of nowhere

by the game's own logic, it doesn't make any sense

unless the main character has a split personality
After what happened at the end of chapter 4 and in chapter 5, you would be wrong to assume he even has a personality. Really huge drop in the writing department what it is, unless dev goes along the way he is sex addicted which is also problematic storywise, his behaviour does not make any sense.

Sep 3, 2020
MC has already cheated on his wife before the game starts, he says as much to Kailey. If you reject Cassidy, the MC's reasoning is that they're co-workers/she's too slutty, not that he doesn't want to cheat. If you hate the idea of playing as a cheating MC, you probably should have dropped the game after the very first conversation with Cassidy.
you're absolutely right i do hate the idea of playing as a cheating MC, I was just giving my opinion

Oct 10, 2022
You really didn't get us, choosing something then later that choices renders worthless is the main issue here. Also, if being with coworker too much for him being with his daughter should be over the line, don't you think? If this game is not a KN then what we choose should matter and we should able to choose what we do with a LI. This is more or less whole meaning having options in game. Also, he is cheating because of his wife not because he is all around cheater, so ending his cheating route and giving his wife and their marriage a second chance very well within his character.

All-in-all, I want to lead MC since this is not an KN and forced LI in that regards is a huge deal breaker.

Last edited:

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
You really didn't get us, choosing something then later that choices renders worthless is the main issue here. Also, if being with coworker too much for him being with his daughter should be over the line don't you think? If this game is not KN then what we choose should matter and we should able to choose what we do with LI. This is more or less whole meaning having options in game. Also, he is cheating because of his wife not because he is all around cheater, so ending his cheating route and giving his wife and their marriage a second chance very well within his character.

All-in-all, I want to lead MC since this is not an KN and forced LI in that regards is a huge deal breaker.
I guess i'm just trying to understand:
  1. Why someone would reject the daughter when she's the main reason to play.
  2. Why someone would continue to play this game if they hate cheating when the very first scene of the game shows that MC is not a faithful husband.

Blizzard99

Feb 11, 2021
I did not mind that MC was a cheating on his wife before the game started. The writers had shown that he wanted to improve his relationship with his wife, but she was usually always drunk off her ass. I had hoped we could play a path where MC and his wife slowly patch up their relationship while trying to include MC's teenage daughter into their household.

I even rejected the daughter in my main PT only for the writers to force my MC to fall head over heels for his daughter within just one chapter (Ch 4). I did not like that tbh, but I hoped we could try to distance our MC from his daughter in Ch 5 only for them to continue their sexual relations.

MC was a PoS at the start of the game, but that's exactly why I liked the MC at the beginning. He wasn't a blank slate like many other AVNs. We could make him either more corrupt or try to improve his life. I wanted to try the latter more than the former, but I do love the choice that was given to us. But, now we are forced into a relationship with the daughter that I did not even want.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
Dont know where dev wants to go with the story. if he wants to ignore any decisions made by the player he probably should make a kinetic novel and stop pretending to give a fuck what the players want.

Why would i call a nypho for advice,if i dont even want to talk to her under normal circumstances?
Maybe the mc doesn't know anyone else, besides introducing new characters just for a call will be a headache, I guess the dev tries to be as pragmatic as possible

Also, man, if I remember correctly, you didn't like the LIs in this game because they're all hoes, (except for the daughter) so why do you keep playing this, genuine question with no bad intentions

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Maybe the mc doesn't know anyone else, besides introducing new characters just for a call will be a headache, I guess the dev tries to be as pragmatic as possible

Also, man, if I remember correctly, you didn't like the LIs in this game because they're all hoes, (except for the daughter) so why do you keep playing this, genuine question with no bad intentions
yea makes sense if i want relationship advise i call my abusive granddad, what could go wrong?
Maybe asking a gambling addict about some sound financial advice while we are at it.
cutting corners may be smart for the work load but its dogshit for a well written story.

it would make more sense to talk half drunken with a bartender, or with a Pidgeon in a park, then to call a commitmentphobic cumwhore for relationship advice, all while you know she doesnt give a fuck about your existing relationships and wants to get in your pants.
What advice are you hoping to get? In all seriousness? "go for it and after you are done come and do me too" or "if Justine is not on board leave her for me, because I would not care?"

it makes possible sense if you are on her route ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
but i told her to fuck off not once but twice already why on god's green earth should i ask her for advice?

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
The question is rather, why would he include the spunk girl at all?
The MC's problem is that he has the hots for his daughter and vice versa, so why should he call her for advice ? She wants to fuck him regardless of his wife and even involves an other girl (the redhead) in that... thats like calling your drugdealer when you want to get clean...

I also don't see why he would need her to help them (F/D) in their relation, they do just fine without her.
The MC, which rejected her for the 3rd time now, thinks of her as a slut, or at least he thought that...
That slut is the last person i want to get close tothe daughter.

So far the daughter is also the only LI i like, i don't see a problem with just going for one girl...well maybe the ginger if we get a chance without involving Cass.

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
Developer: V19XX - - - -
Modder: LaikDink
I found this game really promising and interesting so I decided to make a small walkthrough mod here, hope game developer V19XX approves me sharing this one. This mod will highlight the recommended choices (though I think it doesn't have too many choices and they are pretty obvious). And if you have any problems, please do not hesitate to inform me. Cheers
Download: MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
P/s: Updated to Ch5 CE
View attachment 1718042 View attachment 1718043
Updated ti Ch5 CE

Oct 10, 2022
I guess i'm just trying to understand:
  1. Why someone would reject the daughter when she's the main reason to play.
  2. Why someone would continue to play this game if they hate cheating when the very first scene of the game shows that MC is not a faithful husband.
1. Could be any reason, maybe they don't like blonde or younger or maybe they don't like incest or power imbalance is turn off for them or even simply refuse for the sake of refusing her. Main issue with that if you given an option to choose, that option should be meaningful. If I refuse her every possible time, you should not force her to me. That basically it. I repeat this game is not a Kinetic Novel. I would have say same even if I refused Cass, if MC still shaged her.

2. If there is a possiblity of non-cheating path for MC people may want to follow that route, it is very simple. It doesn't even have to related to cheating, I may want to cheat wifey with Alice and could refuse both Cass and daughter. Do I have that option, yes; then game must follow that story.

Now, I do understand not every possible choice can be implemented to games but when you add an option to do something, that option should do something. The players' reasoning to choose an option is irrelevant to what we have problem with.

Oct 10, 2022
Such a disappointing update. 0 choices to be made and 0 control over the MC. It seemed like a kinetic novel. Sucks bad
There is actually a choice, if you refused Cass previously you can have a choice to reopen her path, have sex only once or refuse her again.

Am I the only one that actually likes Justine, or does everyone hate her? :giggle:
No, I actually like her. She acts like a bitch, that's a little annoying but unlike everybody else I don't blame her for her drinking problem. Weirdly, she was not the one who changed, it was MC. Drinking was their thing, even their relation based on that to begin with, but lately MC wanted to move on and she even accept to act on it solely acts by her love to MC. Being hot as fuck also helps too. I'd like to see an ending, MC and Justine fixed their marriage and accept Kailey as their daughter and have happy ending. :giggle:

Reactions: Purple Lagoon
4.00 star(s) 78 Votes