VN Ren'Py Lost at Birth [Ch. 9 Part 1] [V19]

4.00 star(s) 78 Votes

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
We don't expect whole another branching, also yes most of the games has illusion of of choice but they create that illusion by deviating story according to your choices, they don't put next scene whatever your choice was. Also, almost all, at least worthy to mention, games is very respectful for your LI choices. If you refuse a LI, they at least skip scenes with them not put BJ right after you refuse them. I really don't get it, we don't expect MC moves to another city, change everything related to him etc. All we want options, of course within reason, and respectful storyline according to our choices.
there is a difference with "illusion of choice" and "fuck you, i dont give a fuck about your choice" like it is here.
most of the games i played, here on this site, are capable to accept a no if you dont want an LI,

if Cass is a cornerstone of your story and you need her, dont make her an insufferable disgusting cunt in the first 5 seconds of the game. novel concept i know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, I suppose I understand your frustration. I guess it doesn't affect me because I'm interested in cass that type of unhinged woman is a good fuck :p

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
Yeah, I suppose I understand your frustration. I guess it doesn't affect me because I'm interested in cass that type of unhinged woman is a good fuck :p
i dont mind her but i 100% want to keep her away from the daughter 1 character like her is ok to an extent so i dont want her corupting the other LI's especially the daghter.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
We don't expect whole another branching, also yes most of the games has illusion of of choice but they create that illusion by deviating story according to your choices, they don't put next scene whatever your choice was. Also, almost all, at least worthy to mention, games is very respectful for your LI choices. If you refuse a LI, they at least skip scenes with them not put BJ right after you refuse them. I really don't get it, we don't expect MC moves to another city, change everything related to him etc. All we want options, of course within reason, and respectful storyline according to our choices.
I mean you don't see me, or anyone else, crying like a little bitch on a public forum because I can't just kick Justine out of the house, divorce her or skip having sex with her at the end of chapter 3 even if I feel repulsed by her. Even though I put my money on the game I still can't muster up that kind of sense of entitlement. But to each his own I guess.

You could always move on to another "non-Kinetic novel" where your choices "matter".

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
I mean you don't see me, or anyone else, crying like a little bitch on a public forum because I can't just kick Justine out of the house, divorce her or skip having sex with her at the end of chapter 3 even if I feel repulsed by her. Even though I put my money on the game I still can't muster that kind of sense of entitlement. But to each his own I guess.

You could always move on to another "non-Kinetic novel" where your choices "matter".
feel like conparing your wife and a casual hookup aren the same thing the wife i think you would expect to take longer for an option to leave her.

Reactions: Lietam and Deamate

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
I mean you don't see me, or anyone else, crying like a little bitch on a public forum because I can't just kick Justine out of the house, divorce her or skip having sex with her at the end of chapter 3 even if I feel repulsed by her. Even though I put my money on the game I still can't muster up that kind of sense of entitlement. But to each his own I guess.

yeah i only she you bitching about nothing and just in case you have not noticed, the game does not have the kinetic tag

Reactions: Lietam

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
i think you would expect to take longer for an option to leave her.
You just made my point for me. Can you maybe, I don't know, consider the mere possibility, that there is a reason why you can't opt-out of the Cass or even Justine paths just yet?

I mean we both want the same thing I guess, more options, right? I want Justine out of the AVN, you want Cass out. None of us is getting what they want right now, so maybe do what I do and crtl-skip all the content you don't enjoy moving forward.

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
You just made my point for me. Can you maybe, I don't know, consider the mere possibility, that there is a reason why you can't opt-out of the Cass or even Justine paths just yet?

I mean we both want the same thing I guess, more options, right? I want Justine out of the AVN, you want Cass out. None of us is getting what they want right now, so maybe do what I do and crtl-skip all the content you don't enjoy moving forward.
i wasnt the one complaining i just pointed out that i dont think it was a good comparison

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018

The difference is one of them is connected to the MC by place of residency, by law, and a shared history.

The other is a whore you met once, talked to a few times tops, told her no the first time she came on to you. Then she calls you again and MC is forced to go to her instead of ending the call just to tell her no a second time.
And now he is forced again to call her, to ask her about relationship advice?
She has no qualifications to answer that question, non.
She is not trustworthy, she already displayed on multiple occasions that she doesn't give a single fuck about the MCs relationships.
he could have asked a stranger on the street and would probably get better advice then asking a self proclaimed serial monogamist (btw thats code for cant keep a stable relationship). Cass is the fucking last person an the planet a MC that is not on her path would and should ask. Hell, talking to a Wall would produce better results.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
The difference is one of them is connected to the MC by place of residency, by law, and a shared history.

The other is a whore you met once, talked to a few times tops, told her no the first time she came on to you. Then she calls you again and MC is forced to go to her instead of ending the call just to tell her no a second time.
And now he is forced again to call her, to ask her about relationship advice?
She has no qualifications to answer that question, non.
She is not trustworthy, she already displayed on multiple occasions that she doesn't give a single fuck about the MCs relationships.
he could have asked a stranger on the street and would probably get better advice then asking a self proclaimed serial monogamist (btw thats code for cant keep a stable relationship). Cass is the fucking last person an the planet a MC that is not on her path would and should ask. Hell, talking to a Wall would produce better results.
I disagree. Cass is an unbiased third party with no "skin in the game". Someone who doesn't know the MC very well and is unlikely to judge him for being tempted by his own daughter. She is the perfect person to consult. The last people I would talk to, personally, would be my wife, my relatives and my friends. And like Cass mentioned (another great piece of advice that speaks volumes about her character), the best option would be seeking pofessional help but that's out of the question.

Whether you like the character or not, going to Cass makes absolute perfect sense to anyone exercising logical thinking.

I would, again, advise you to either ctrl-skip the content you dislike, move on to another game, or maybe reach out to the dev on twitter or discord and provide them with your feedback. I'm sure it would be appreciated :)

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
I disagree. Cass is an unbiased third party with no "skin in the game". Someone who doesn't know the MC very well and is unlikely to judge him for being tempted by his own daughter. She is the perfect person to consult. The last people I would talk to, personally, would be my wife, my relatives and my friends. And like Cass mentioned (another great piece of advice that speaks volumes about her character), the best option would be seeking pofessional help but that's out of the question.

Whether you like the character or not, going to Cass makes absolute perfect sense to anyone exercising logical thinking.

I would, again, advise you to either ctrl-skip the content you dislike, move on to another game, or maybe reach out to the dev on twitter or discord and provide them with your feedback. I'm sure it would be appreciated :)
could not get one sentence out without being wrong, Cass is anything but an unbiased third party, she wants to fuck the MC, while he is married, she doesnt give a flying fuck about his relationships, or she would not contact him all the fucking time to fuck him.

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
So, this is the "Complete Edition". Are there "Incomplete Editions" out there? Or "Partial Editions"? What exactly does this mean? I see the word complete and that makes me think it is finished, but without a completed tag and no text here in threads that support that thought.

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
So, this is the "Complete Edition". Are there "Incomplete Editions" out there? Or "Partial Editions"? What exactly does this mean? I see the word complete and that makes me think it is finished, but without a completed tag and no text here in threads that support that thought.
This is quote is taken from their itch.io page

With the 'Complete Edition' you get:
-Animations.
-Extra scene at the end of each chapter.
-Extra content in the "extra" tab in the options menu.
-Support the game.

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
V19XX There're some issues with the variable date_CC, sometimes in the conditions it's written differently (date_cc in ch03_sc10, date_CC! in ch05) so it appears false even if it's not
It seems you are correct. It should always be date_CC
I will fix that, has probably happen because the variables are case sensitive and I forgot from one chapter to another the exact name of the variable and just assumed it was date_cc.
Thank you for letting me know!

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
It seems you are correct. It should always be date_CC
I will fix that, has probably happen because the variables are case sensitive and I forgot from one chapter to another the exact name of the variable and just assumed it was date_cc.
Thank you for letting me know!
Just a note, "date_cc" appears in 3 files, all in ./scripts/ch03/ folder:
ch03_sc07 twice
ch03_sc08 once
ch03_sc10 once

(I changed them all to "date_CC" in my install and that seems to have fixed the problem.)

Reactions: save8lot and V19XX

Gall Anonim

Jul 15, 2022
Is this game story complete? The title is "Complete Edition" but there is no "Complete" prefix on this thread so i'm slightly confused... looking for stuff worth playing in the nearest future now and fully finished products are of higher priority in thsi case so i want to know before writing it down.

PerverTeacher

Jun 5, 2017
Just want to say to V19XX:

Man what a VN. Its not every VN that makes me want to read the story and care about the chars in it. Usually the incest argument are kinda meh and i just want to see that hot girl/woman being corrputed or something and doing something that the tags says the VN contains.

But no, MC has a wife with drinking problem and his actions can be relatable. The other chars pretty much have the same ... i dont know... care/situation(?); to feel somewhat real or as human as possible. Great job, great artwork, great story.

The "slow burn" is also pleasant to see developing. Definitely im waiting for this one develop and see what lies ahead.

I have a single question: Cas mention that she can get off from watersports. Are you planning to do some scene that involves GS, her or the redhead? Thanks for your time.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Yngling and V19XX
4.00 star(s) 78 Votes