VN Ren'Py Lost at Birth [Ch. 9 Part 1] [V19]

4.00 star(s) 78 Votes

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
So you don't like it that devs make the game that the people who give them money want? Should they instead cater to the parasitic leeches on F95?
While I don't really agree with the sentiment of the person you are responding to, as I don't give a damn about "controversial tags" whatever that means. I don't like votes for content because I'm here for the story as much as I am for the sexy content. In the years I've been playing these games, the overwhelming majority of games where devs opened up to content voting the stories of those games got stretched and messed up to the point of not really being a story any more.

So, to answer your question from my point of view, I believe the devs shouldn't cater to anyone at all and should just tell the story they were intending to tell in the first place.

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
While I don't really agree with the sentiment of the person you are responding to, as I don't give a damn about "controversial tags" whatever that means. I don't like votes for content because I'm here for the story as much as I am for the sexy content. In the years I've been playing these games, the overwhelming majority of games where devs opened up to content voting the stories of those games got stretched and messed up to the point of not really being a story any more.

So, to answer your question from my point of view, I believe the devs shouldn't cater to anyone at all and should just tell the story they were intending to tell in the first place.
Since it seems some people misunderstood what I meant and how it works I think I can explain it better.
I'm not gonna change the story or the main plot points or whatever based on voting. I'm using the voting as a feedback to know what most of my supporters want so I can balance and plan the content through the game.
If I'm making a cake to share with my friends I want to know what most of them want, if they like cream, icing or caramel.
I already have all the toppings and I like or at least I'm ok with all of them, I'm just asking what most of my friends like and how much of it they like.

I hope that explains it a bit better. You can go to discord and I'm happy to explain it in a better detail or become a supporter and see the polls by yourself.

Have a good day.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Since it seems some people misunderstood what I meant and how it works I think I can explain it better.
I'm not gonna change the story or the main plot points or whatever based on voting. I'm using the voting as a feedback to know what most of my supporters want so I can balance and plan the content through the game.
If I'm making a cake to share with my friends I want to know what most of them want, if they like cream, icing or caramel.
I already have all the toppings and I like or at least I'm ok with all of them, I'm just asking what most of my friends like and how much of it they like.

I hope that explains it a bit better. You can go to discord and I'm happy to explain it in a better detail or become a supporter and see the polls by yourself.

Have a good day.
Thanks for taking the time for a bit of an explanation. The bolded text in your quote actually did set my mind at ease about the whole concept overall and I'm glad for that as I've enjoyed the game a great deal up to this point. Kudos on the game so far.

Reactions: Yngling and V19XX
Sep 3, 2020
V19XX

Brother, please take this on advisement and KNOW there is no ill-intent towards You... or the Dev.

First and foremost:
We cannot go to a Frozen Yogurt shop to order a Double-Double w/grilled onions and extra cheese.
Unlikely to be viable option considering current title.

Personally, stop testing this title due to inconsistencies and especially but not exclusively....
Cass, would keep her away from anyone's daughter(s) let alone have anything to do with her AT ALL.
yaar.gif

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
this i unfortunate dont like when devs leave future likely controversial tags up to a vote
The question is what you consider to be "controversial".

Optional watersports? Anal? As long as it's optional, who cares if you are into it or not?

In this particular case, I can, given the context of the story, understand watersports with Cass, even if I am not particularly into that. I don't think there will ever be watersports with Kailey, it doesn't seem to fit her.

RedWyne007

Jul 12, 2021

Have a good day.
I cant join to the polls yet but i have never seen a bad game with orgasm options at the end of the sex scenes

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Soulless? Quite the opposite, I'd say!

She does have a understated quality, but I'd call it innocent rather than cold, let alone soulless...
No, he's right. I had that feeling too. It's mostly because she's not looking where she should be (and maybe the expression). This plugin might fix it.

Look At Me II Pose Control

Also, I want to mention this is one of the few games that doesn't have that uncanny valley mouth look where they look like orcs.
It looks like Genesis 8 does jaws very strangely, although the expressions used might also be a contributing factor.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Yngling

MauMauAmau

Aug 7, 2022
I enjoyed Chapter one, two and three. As for the rest? It felt like the game went to shit after that due to the game developer losing creative brain juices or becoming lazy with writing the plot of the story. There were a lot of lapses in Chapter four and five, with the few main issues being the terrible character development of the MC and Kailey, together with the story forcing you to be together with Kailey.

Don't get me wrong, I had no problems with the Kailey path, in fact, I also wanted to see the MC fuck her brains out and to hell with Justine, but I only wanted to do that later because I wanted the MC to fix his marriage in my first run. I fucking spent a few hours trying to check if I made a mistake like I was deciphering Leonardo da Vinci's code, only for me to know here that only in Chapter one to three is when your choices do matter, as for Chapter four and five? It felt like the game dev was saying "You want to fix the MC's marriage with his wife? Fuck you! Incest is Best! Here's a massive middle finger drenched in Kailey's cum shoved right onto your fucking mouth!" You can not imagine how disappointed I was when I realized that you can't avoid cheating on Justine with Kailey as the story became a kinetic novel in Chapter four and five.

I know how tiring it is when you're trying to make a game, but it felt like a waste. It was disappointing to see that Kailey still wanted to fuck her dad even though I made the MC reject her to show that the MC doesn't want a romantic relationship with her, and that Kailey still wanted to fuck her dad with no proper reason and it was as if she has nothing drilling down onto her conscience like she's a sex incest Alabama freak. The biggest disappointment was that I was mislead into thinking my choices mattered in Chapter one to three, only to see that the MC still cheated on Justine and went to fuck her daughter, spiraling down into the incest rabbit hole.

It pains me to say this but I felt like I needed to, this game does not feel complete at all despite the title saying that this is the complete version of the story. In my opinion, I think it still lacks a lot of content and feels unfinished, as I think it was the game dev's fear and unwillingness of writing a drama story, which was I expected and wanted, and probably some other reasons that discouraged the author from making other choices for the player to choose.

Overall I still think the game is okay, as for what I said these are just simply my opinion only as different individuals have varying opinions. Still, I can only sigh over the fact that we only have incest for this one in the end. Great animation though.

Skrotum

Apr 12, 2020
New player here. I enjoyed it all in one go. For me it started stronger than it is now. I have no idea if its has to do with the writers change, but I did know that I liked the first half better than the second half, before the game tells you there where a change. I didn't measure the time for the single chapters, but it felt like the first chapters where longer and took more time to set up things. They had excellent pacing. The later ones are a bit too fast moving. I did measure the time that it took me to get through all of the 5 updates. It took me 3:30h. It is already quite substantial content wise.

The presentation is throughout the game excellent. I like the complete cast of characters. I like that the cast is compact and hope it stays that way.

I have two story gripes with the game: Even with MC acknowledging that the daughter could be a scam artist and with the wife being suspicious, they never took a test to see if they are related. If they don't do it, the characters should at least tell us about their rational for not taking a test. The other thing, in chapter 4, the shorts of the daughter are shown to be left in the master bed room. Nothing comes out of it.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
You make it sound like you played it already lol
Maybe he has? I'm guessing there are multiple versions of this game going around. A few posts above yours there is a rather long and entertaining one in which the user claims the MC actually fucks Kailey and she apparently is Justine's daughter. So who knows? The truth is out there somewhere I guess :alien::alien::alien:

The biggest disappointment was that I was mislead into thinking my choices mattered in Chapter one to three, only to see that the MC still cheated on Justine and went to fuck her daughter, spiraling down into the incest rabbit hole.

Reactions: Zigzagkaas

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
The question is what you consider to be "controversial".

Optional watersports? Anal? As long as it's optional, who cares if you are into it or not?

In this particular case, I can, given the context of the story, understand watersports with Cass, even if I am not particularly into that. I don't think there will ever be watersports with Kailey, it doesn't seem to fit her.
We all know the controversial tag here starts with an N and have 3 letters. optional or not.:HideThePain:

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 78 Votes