VN Ren'Py Lost at Birth [Ch. 9 Part 1] [V19]

4.00 star(s) 77 Votes

cacacaca01

Dec 29, 2018
Developer: V19XX - - - -
Modder: LaikDink
I found this game really promising and interesting so I decided to make a small walkthrough mod here, hope game developer V19XX approves me sharing this one. This mod will highlight the recommended choices (though I think it doesn't have too many choices and they are pretty obvious). And if you have any problems, please do not hesitate to inform me. Cheers
Download: MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
P/s: Updated to Ch6 CE
View attachment 1718042 View attachment 1718043
I'm getting a trojan alert

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I've been thinking about this for a bit and I think that when it comes to the wife's alcohol abuse it isn't something that is happening in a vacuum. Usually, alcoholics will seek out a partner who enables their substance abuse. In this chapter, we see a little bit of that. The wife hits the mini fridge just as soon as they are in the hotel room and she asks him if she can have a drink even though they had both agreed she would stop. All he has to do is say no when she wants to shoot an airplane bottle of cheap gin but he agrees. He is enabling her abuse of alcohol as part of the dynamic of their relationship. When he isn't giving her his explicit permission he is giving her implicit excuses for his behavior (affairs, neglect, always working) that are only valid to her addict mind. It is really tough for an alcoholic to make any progress in their treatment while they are in a relationship with an enabler. The enabler is always there to pick them up, dust them off, and assure them that everything is fine even when it isn't. So while I hope that their relationship can be salvageable it might be best for her in the long run if they split up. This is a hard pill to swallow but when you are facing facts her recovery needs to take precedence for both of them, and that may not happen until she is allowed to hit rock bottom and know without a doubt that she needs help.

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Made a compresed Android port of Lost at Birth Chapter 6 with the walkthrough mod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left for history and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Link:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I've been thinking about this for a bit and I think that when it comes to the wife's alcohol abuse it isn't something that is happening in a vacuum. Usually, alcoholics will seek out a partner who enables their substance abuse. In this chapter, we see a little bit of that. The wife hits the mini fridge just as soon as they are in the hotel room and she asks him if she can have a drink even though they had both agreed she would stop. All he has to do is say no when she wants to shoot an airplane bottle of cheap gin but he agrees. He is enabling her abuse of alcohol as part of the dynamic of their relationship. When he isn't giving her his explicit permission he is giving her implicit excuses for his behavior (affairs, neglect, always working) that are only valid to her addict mind. It is really tough for an alcoholic to make any progress in their treatment while they are in a relationship with an enabler. The enabler is always there to pick them up, dust them off, and assure them that everything is fine even when it isn't. So while I hope that their relationship can be salvageable it might be best for her in the long run if they split up. This is a hard pill to swallow but when you are facing facts her recovery needs to take precedence for both of them, and that may not happen until she is allowed to hit rock bottom and know without a doubt that she needs help.
Yeah, not having a choice to say "no" felt really bad. But it was needed for the wife to be knocked out so that the MC could visit his "daughter". Though I don't like this writing decision.

I won't say the writing is bad, it's pretty decent. Though it may be too realistic/grounded, and too gloomy (alcohol issue, pregnancy issue, the whole Kailey situation).

But I have a problem with the lack of choices for important decisions. At this point it's a kinetic story for the "MC/wife/supposedly daughter" triangle with some choices of side fucks. And for a lewd game, forced sex scenes don't feel good if you don't like a character.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Yeah, not having a choice to say "no" felt really bad. But it was needed for the wife to be knocked out so that the MC could visit his "daughter". Though I don't like this writing decision.

I won't say the writing is bad, it's pretty decent. Though it may be too realistic/grounded, and too gloomy (alcohol issue, pregnancy issue, the whole Kailey situation).

But I have a problem with the lack of choices for important decisions. At this point it's a kinetic story for the "MC/wife/supposedly daughter" triangle with some choices of side fucks. And for a lewd game, forced sex scenes don't feel good if you don't like a character.
Wait. We have to knock a woman out so we can visit another woman? Wtf?

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Wait. We have to knock a woman out so we can visit another woman? Wtf?
It's not quite like that. No violence involved.
The wife falls asleep after drinking, and the MC runs into the daughter after that. What people are reacting to is that we would have liked to have the option to stop the wife having that drink, which would make sense story wise. The scene could have been written better.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

All VNs have to figure out a balance between meaningful choices and the parts of the story that are going to be on rails. Otherwise, players start to wonder why they are playing if no matter what choice they select they are going to be railroaded. I don't remember if we have had any choices that affect the wife's behavior. I agree it would be nice if there was the option to choose to spend the night with the wife who is sober or watch her pass out and have the daughter scene. Since there was going to be a jealous tiff later in the story anyway that was as good a place to start it as any. So it begs the question if the dramatic stakes of the story are involving a choice between the wife and the daughter at all or that no matter our choices the wife is doomed. I mean, we have more choices regarding the boss who I could give two shits about.

Oct 19, 2020
So we have no choice but to be a cheating bastard in this game?
If it's any comfort, it's more like sharing really. The wife does know he is cheating and has known for awhile, she just doesn't care to know about the specifics. And seems to be fine with it as long as he doesn't bring his conquests home and she remains his first priority.

armond

Apr 26, 2020
If it's any comfort, it's more like sharing really. The wife does know he is cheating and has known for awhile, she just doesn't care to know about the specifics. And seems to be fine with it as long as he doesn't bring his conquests home and she remains his first priority.
Seldom in life do we get a choice, that goes triple in VNs

Reactions: slick97 and Yngling
4.00 star(s) 77 Votes